Thread: 'Day off' Dieting?

KcCrash

Default 'Day off' Dieting?

I am trying to lose weight by eating healthily long term. However now and again I have a day where I will eat some junk and stuff I wouldn't normally eat, I usually do that about every 2 weeks or so. Is this ok?I don't 'binge' or go way over my usualy calories, just haev slightly more stodge and am not quite so strict with mysef.
    Will doing his affect my weight loss dramatically or be bad for my health?
    Thanks
    KcCrash

Default Re: 'Day off' Dieting?

I think it's a great idea. For the long term, having a day off will keep you going. I try to do this, but end up with more then one day I think once a week is good, sometime on the weekend that you're with friends. I don't think eating junk one day a week would affect your weight. I've actually heard the opposite, that your body gets used to eating low calories and fats and only burns off as much as you consume. If you eat more calories one day it confuses your body and it doesn't get into that pattern. I have no backing to this though, just something I heard.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Default Re: 'Day off' Dieting?

When dieting I do a similar thing. I have one "cheat" day each week, where I eat whatever I want (vegan food of course) and don't worry about counting calories or fussing over how much fat or carbs is in what I'm eating. I just enjoy it for what it is, and go back to dieting the next day.

I lost approximately 40 pounds in this way, and I've kept the weight off for a couple of years now.