Thread: Dog saves buddy hit by car

Mahk

Default Dog saves buddy hit by car

The only thing that sets off my waterworks more than seeing an animal in peril is seeing an animal in peril being heroically saved by a buddy. In Chile some traffic cameras recorded how after a dog was accidentally hit on the thruway another dog heroically darted out into busy traffic, dodged cars, buses, and trucks, also got hit but was then able to get up and drag his/her buddy off to the side of the road to safety. Road crews then took them to a vet and at least one news source reported they will both recover. Hurray!
    [YOUTUBE]3XJQTaC-R6w[/YOUTUBE]

Default Re: Dog saves buddy hit by car.

Amazing video!

I have made my own observations lately with my dog. He's not so friendly toward other dogs in the street, he just doesn't care much for them and can be jealous if I pet them too much. But a while ago we took care of a traumatized rescue dog for a day while the new foster mom did some errands. She was crying for her 'new mom' all day and my dog who's usually not so caring, showed great concerns and tried to make it as comfortable for her as possible.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

It says the video is no longer available for me, which I think may be a good thing due to not wanting to go into sobbing hysterics as I know I will.
    Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.

Mahk

Sorry the video link seems iffy for some. A google search for "dog hero Chile" brings up lots of text versions. Try the video there maybe or Youtube, perhaps.

It's interesting that the hero dog drags the injurred one using paws instead of mouth (like a mother cat carrying kittens by the scruff of their neck). I've never seen a dog try to move an object that way.

Mahk

Quote kriz View Post
    He's not so friendly toward other dogs in the street, he just doesn't care much for them and can be jealous if I pet them too much. .
    He might be more friendly if you weren't there too. He may feel protective of you and considers the other dogs as threats, who knows.

Yes, I think he's protective of me outside, but generally behaves much better towards other dogs in his own home. And with a complete stranger who needed support, he stepped up to to the plate and helped me figuring out how to comfort this little girl.:smile:

Quote Mahk View Post

It's interesting that the hero dog drags the injurred one using paws instead of mouth (like a mother cat carrying kittens by the scruff of their neck). I've never seen a dog try to move an object that way.
    I noticed that too, and first I thought it was another type of animal. I have never seen a dog moving anything with his paws like that.

Oh the poor thing. They said the first dog had died. I'm so sad now.

The hero dog disappeared after he pulled the other one out of the road-he's like a little guardian angel dog, isn't he?

I knew it. I'm crying.
    Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.

Awww i had to stop myself from crying. That poor dog getting hit many times and still manage to rescue it friend. I think i would have tried to stop. I couldnt drive away leaving their lives in the hands of the other drivers.
    'he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Are you sure they died? Another source said they both survived. In the video an ambulance comes and a person takes the injured dog in his arms while the second one runs along with him. They are taken to a vet where they got help.
    "None so blind as those who do not see, none so deaf as those who do not hear."

Mahk

AP is a pretty reliable source and they confirm the hero dog ran away and was never found according to this video:
    [YOUTUBE]v-9NrX2ndF4[/YOUTUBE]
    If he ran away he couldn't have been too badly hurt, I'd think. Lets hope he recovered.

Not one person stopped to help. Not one.

That's not the full video. In the full one, an ambulance comes and takes them both.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv-QkUIfRjg
    You can see the one that can walk run along with the person and the second dog he was carrying. Though he could have run off later?

Shame that no civilian stopped though.
    "None so blind as those who do not see, none so deaf as those who do not hear."

That's actually a bunch of neat dog rescue videos that you can click on, after you watch that one that tsunami posted.