Thread: ani phyo

Default ani phyo

if anyone interested in raw food hasn't checked ani's site, i visited today and found some yummy raw cookies that DONT require dehydrating!!

here is the link; http://www.aniphyo.com/

yum yum

Default Re: ani phyo

I love Ani Phyo, and I have her book Ani's Raw Food Kitchen. I just wish all of her recipes weren't so high in fat, but that's a common issue among raw vegan recipes I think.

Quote Irae View Post
    I love Ani Phyo, and I have her book Ani's Raw Food Kitchen. I just wish all of her recipes weren't so high in fat, but that's a common issue among raw vegan recipes I think.
    I have Matt Amsden's Rawvolution book and as beautiful as the recipes look, many of the dishes have too many nuts, agave and oil.

I would love to get her book, I need to eat more raw foods but am feeling uninspired!
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

I met Ani at a raw potluck, she's super nice! She's coming out with a dessert recipe book..her stuff is amazingly good!

I've been looking for a raw cookie recipe..I'd like to have some easy recipes in my head so I can make cookies at the last minute.
    ~peace & daisies to you~

I really like her cookbook, also. It's the only raw cookbook I have, and I have been using it just to add more raw foods to my diet. Plus, I really like cooking/preparing food, and this is a new way of preparation that I am having fun with.
    From her book, the rawzagnia is my favorite so far, and the baja cheeze burritos a close second.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

I got her book this year I too love the burritos and need to try more from it. I also want her dessert book as well!

I got her book (for 50c!! love library sale books ) but haven't tried anything from it yet - just coming out of winter and the colder weather doesn't really inspire me to eat anything other than hot food :\
    But would love to know which recipes people found quite easy as newbies? I have zero experience with raw food so far aside from smoothies and salads.

I love the pad thai (I used the recipe on her website but I think it's similar to the one in the book). I made the hummus the other night and the baja burritos are yummo!

JC

Has anyone made the raspberry-chocolate ganache cake from her dessert book?? Even my uber-omni brother loved it, which is saying something. He usually hates my "veggie crap", and when i told him this wasn't even baked he couldn't believe it. It was quite small, but it was sooooo rich that we could only eat tiny slices at a time. Oh, words cannot describe its amazingness...

Just in case anyone was interested, she also has a Youtube account. Too bad she doesn't update a lot. But I guess she wants us to buy the cookbook.

http://www.youtube.com/user/aniphyo
    Peace, love, and happiness.

I have made quite a few of the recipes in her book, and most of them are delicious. I recommend the stuffed anaheim chilies with mole sauce (I served this with the spanish squash rice), the rawsagnia, or the baja burritos.

I recently got a dehydrator, but was a little disappointed with the raw sun burgers with black sesame bread, but they were still okay. The polenta and mushroom ragout wasn't that great either.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

I tried her brazil-broccoli mash for the first time the other day, it was very good but doesn't have the "real mashed potato texture" she claims it does. I didn't soak the brazil nuts before though, but it didn't say to in the recipe. Is it just assumed you'll soak them beforehand?