Thread: Getting full?

Qaxt

Default Getting full?

I know it's not exactly healthy to eat until you're near explosion, but I'm really unable to eat until I'm feeling bloated and full, and I kinda miss it! I'm a teenage boy, so it's pretty normal that I'm not easily filled! Haha.

No matter how much I eat, I get disgusted with the food before I feel all bloated. For example, a couple days ago I crammed down three Sunshine burgers (a total of about 1650 calories!) and I just was sick of Sunshine burgers, but had I felt the need to make something else, I would have been able to eat more! I can easily finish a pound of pasta (with whatever sauce I choose) in one sitting... as a snack! (Though I do get headaches after that, so I try not to!)

So does anyone have any suggestions for foods that will make me feel full?

Also, merry Christmas!

cobweb

Default Re: Getting full?

i like the 'full' feeling, too
    potatoes in various forms, but especially jacket/baked are good.

Quote cobweb View Post
    i like the 'full' feeling, too
    potatoes in various forms, but especially jacket/baked are good.
    Mmm...maybe some soy mozzarella and spinach, too, with sauteed onions and bell peppers and mushrooms.

potatos are pretty filling as well as beans I think. actually, a lot of vegetables are more filling. i always feel more full, when i eat a lot of vegs and i prefer more vegs on my plate anyway to be honest.
    http://vegangothfairy.wordpress.com

Eating slower is meant to help you to feel fuller - maybe you arent giving your body enough time to tell you you are full?

Default Most filling foods?

Ok I'm not gonna lie I'm only going on a month of being vegan, but I love this board everyone is so supportive and friendly!

I'm aware of the nutrition blah blah blah, its not hard at all. I'm not worried about being nutrient deficient, I've just become hungry all the time since I became Vegan which is bizarre because I was only really having milk in cereal, or breakfast whether it be in oatmeal or coffee. I eat a lot which is fine because I'm home from school and I have a kitchen readily available, but when school starts I'm not gonna have much time and I'll be on the go all day. I just want to know what foods will fill you up the most?

I'm assuming the reason for this is I'm getting less fat and I'm not majorly worried but slightly worried about losing weight. I do exercise so I have some muscle, but I've always been skinny 6ft and 155pounds.
    Last edited by Korn; Jan 16th, 2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: This was the first post in a similar thread

Default Re: Most filing foods? Hungry a lot more since I became vegan

I guess I should post what I eat.

Breakfast, steel cut oats or instant oats. Sometimes made with soy milk. Usually a glass of soy milk. Sometimes a bagel with peanut butter. I always include fruit in my breakfast and sometimes its all these things together.

Lunch veggie burgers If I'm feeling particular lazy or a premade bean burrito. If I have time I make my own burritos with beans rice veggies etc.. Soup with lots of veggies, baked tofu, pasta i don't even know. Basically the sundries of food that are vegan often in largish quantities...

Dinner: similar to lunch.

I snack a lot too with fruit and nuts. Often flax seed bread with hummus or peanut butter. Vegan cookies if I have em.

if you are feeling hungry it could be to do with a number of cognitive factors separate from the physiological. It could be that you need to readjust what you think of as a meal. When people have eaten what they consider a meal they tend to feel full, but when people eat the same number of calories etc but in a form they wouldn't consider 'meal' they don't feel full.

aye! I totally dig what you're saying, but I never ate in a traditional fashion anyway. Not 3 meals a day or at certain times, I just eat whenever I please. I haven't changed my eating habits persay.....

Quote Eat Y'self Fitter View Post
    Breakfast, steel cut oats or instant oats. Sometimes made with soy milk.
    Hi,

you mention soups and oats with soy milk... in my experience, foods with a lot of liquid in them aren't really filling, because you actually drink more than you eat...

I don't know what kind of veggie burgers you eat, but premade veggie burgers and burritos are both pre-processed, and could maybe trigger some hunger because the nutrient levels in food that eg. has been heated several twice isn't that good. The same goes for baked tofu: it has been heated several times. Heat is also (sometimes?) used when producing pasta.

If you add more fresh/less processed food, use lentils/beans/chick peas instead, brown rice instead of pasta, and make sure you get enough of the filling stuff (fat, protein) - and make sure you eat something raw preferably with every meal - vegan food should be at least as filling (in a good way) and satisfying as standard food...

One more thing: anything with sugar in may cause 'false hunger' and food cravings...

Good luck with changing your habits...

I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.