Thread: It's time to come together in a veg*n intentional community

Default It's time to come together in a veg*n intentional community

With the challenging hard times ahead and the uncertainty of the future, many people across the Continental USA are seriously considering cooperative environmentally sustainable community living. I would like to know how many vegan members here are considering this or have already made plans and are currently living in an intentional community with other like-minded veg*ns. My husband and I are strict natural food natural living holistic herbal environmentally aware vegans and we're more than ready for a change. We are seeking an intentional community as we speak. We're striving to get the ample funds we need and desire so we can relocate to sane, healthy higher ground and higher consciousness. I just turned 39 and he's soon to be 44 and we don't have any children. We have 2 cats and they are our sweet wonderful babies! We would love to eat food that we can just pull right out of the ground and share a beautiful healthy bountiful garden with other wonderful like-minded people. The main reason we haven't found yet what we're looking for is because we're looking for an intentional community that is strict vegetarian chemical-free in the Continental USA North above the Mason Dixon Line or in the SouthWest that doesn't have a spiritual leader where everyone is tolerant, mutually respectful and are humanitarians. What's equally very important is that the food that the community eats needs to be more than 50% of the food grown. Fortunately, more and more people are waking up to the fact that the current paradigm system is very temporary and isn't going to last much longer and shopping for food at the supermarket is going to be a thing of the past. Everyone takes for granted that the food, especially the produce, will always be on the store shelf, ready to be purchased for the family, but the truth is that with the way things are going, this isn't going to be the case. For those who listen to coasttocoastam and pay attention to guests like Katherine Austin Fitz, you'll understand what I'm talking about. And no, this is not alarmist. The writing is on the walls. It's high time that we all like-minded people come together and help each other and make wise choices and decisions. We still have a tiny window of opportunity, but soon it will be closed tightly shut. It would be great to talk with other vegans and vegetarians who are open-minded and understand the message here and are prepared to take action. ic.org is a good resource, but we haven't yet connected with anyone who appreciates where we're coming from and another website we (my husband and me) joined discusses this way of life, but it seems that we're the only strict vegetarians on there and there isn't much activity and they don't seem to understand where we're coming from. If you do understand how we feel and where we're coming from, please say "Hello" and make your presence known and contact us. We'd love to talk with you. Thank you for listening.

Peace and Happy New Year!
    From My Healthy Kitchen To Yours
    www.tastyvegankitchen.com

pavotrouge

Default Re: It's time to come together in a veg*n intentional community

I'd bet there are already a few vegan communities in the US, have you googled the topic?

The idea sounds very tempting to me, but not in this point of my life and probably not in the US.
    Anyway, the magic word around all of this is "funds".

Good luck to you!

songlife

I'll recommend that you leave North America. xoxo to you guys.

I've wanted to start something like this before, in the forests of BC. Now I'm in Montreal and looking for other vegan musicians to create a band and live communally. If you know any vegans who also into this, please let me know as I'm also trying to set up a mini community like that, though it's a little different than yours.

Your idea sounds great though, I like that you added in "no spiritual leader"

While I don't believe supermarkets are going away anytime soon, I am also looking into living in a similar place as you are looking for. However, I have not restricted my search to the continental USA, since I'm not really tied down to anything, and have no problem selling all my belongings, except what will fit in a backpack and heading out on a new adventure. I don't have plans of living the rest of my life in a community, but rather think it's something I must experience since it is such a different way of living and may possibly suite me better. I have recently gotten in contact with a community in Hawaii which is vegan and seems promising. They run a non profit education center on plant based diets and sustainable living. www.gentleworld.org. Keep us updated on your search.