Thread: Vegan marshmallows and fudge online

Default Vegan marshmallows and fudge online

Just ordered some marshmallows from here and they do yummy looking fudge too

www.sweetvegan.co.uk

Am thinking hot choc with marshmallows

Default Re: Vegan marshmallows and fudge online

Great - please report back alisont, as veg*n marshmallows seems to be something that people are always asking about and that are hard to get.

oh my god i just clicked on that link, it's so bright and happy!!!

thanks AlisonT, what a cute website, let us know what you think of the marshmallows!
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

What a lovely website! Do report back, alisont. I've been meaning to order marshmallows from here - http://www.sweetandsara.com/ - but I shall try the site you have provided, seein' as it's local an' all! (local being the UK...!)

Ohhhh, I do miss marshmallows - lovely squidgy pink and white lovely loveliness! Mmmmmm...squidge
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

Quote pusskins View Post
    I've been meaning to order marshmallows from here - http://www.sweetandsara.com/
    Veganstore used to sell these but i found them disappointing - not like real marshmallows. they were very sticky and melted at room temperature. the best vegan marshmallows i've had were from Pangea but they're not being sold in the UK (if at all) any more. so i'm very interested to hear what these are like (being fairly pricey i think i'll wait and see what AlisonT thinks before buying any myself!).

eta: i just checked the Sweet & Sara website - their marshmallows look suspiciously like the ones on the Sweet Vegan website - methinks they're the same ones
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

They are:

http://www.sweetandsara.com/locations.php

Looks like the owner of the site spammed another forum in December saying they are too:

http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...07#post2181807
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Yeah, those Pangea marshmallows are "currently unavailable" on most sites. Boo! Well, we shall see what alisont's verdict is. My other half's daughter keeps pestering me to try out a vegan marshmallow recipe I've got in, I think, How It All Vegan. Now, that sugar can HURT when it's hot!!! I'd rather leave it to the professionals

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    They are:

Looks like the owner of the site spammed another forum in December saying they are too:

well spotted Mr F i thought it was a coincidence that Sweet Vegan were selling them for the same price that Veganstore used to sell Sweet & Sara ones. well hopefully AlisonT will like them but i think i'll steer clear myself.

Its a new year treat to myself so will see what I think, not something Id order often but fancied trying them! Will feedback soon as have had an email to say they have been posted!

Hope I like them! Expensive if I dont

http://www.angelfood.co.nz/ I ordered their marshmellow making kit (it sounds hard but it's definitely not) and each pack makes a crapload of marshmellows. I was astounded by the taste! I never liked marshmellows and when I made these, they tasted just like them and I was like "ugghh these taste like marshmellows" lol. I just wanted to try them and see how exact they were. If you like marshmellows I seriously reccomend this company! They are located in New Zealand. I live in Canada and they only took two weeks to get here (the mix). The owner is a sweetheart because they second time I ordered it got a bit lost in the mail and she sent me a new one free!

Thank you, Nyx! Grrrr, roll on payday!

Upon returning home from uni after my exam (boo, hiss) I discovered that mummykins had left a window for this thread open knowing that it would be of interest to me. I quickly ordered some marshmallows I sincerely hope they're not dodgy, I'm a bit worried after reading Gorilla's post about them being sticky. I'll use them to make rice krispie treats if they do turn out to be not as I had hoped.

^ that's a good idea!

thanks Nyx, for people in the UK wishing to try the marshmallow kit it's available on Veganstore and is probably cheaper than ordering from New Zealand.

Zero

Nice one Mr F. I would have been suspicous of her tone in those posts myself, yeah I see if you search all of her posts that she said pretty much the same thing in a different thread.

Also the marshmellows I made were sticky on the outside, that's why you see all marshmellows (including non vegan) covered in starch. I think that's just the way marshmellows are.

And you can't make rice krispie treats by melting the ones I used. They made the cereal mushy and it never gelled. I usually make my rice crispies with rice cereal, peanut butter, brown rice syrup, a pinch of salt and a couple tbsp of earth balance (and sometimes I put in some carob chips). YUM! They are much healthier anyways :P

I wish we could get decent vegan fudge here. I've bought it on-line from Vegan Essentials, and although it was lovely and sweet - it did lack the soft creamyness of old fashioned fudge.

I don't think I'll bother spoiling the memory of clotted cream fudge. Have actually been enjoying eating less sweets and chocolate etc since being vegan, which has made sampling raw choco treats all the better!

I bought some of the Sweet & Sara marshmallows the other day from a local store, and I really liked them. Yeah, they have to be refrigerated and they're a bit denser than normal marshmallows, but they tasted great, and when you roast them on a stick over a fire, you can't tell they're different from any other marshmallow, vegan or not.

I tried the Sweet and Sara marshmallows when I was in the US and I liked them, but probably not enough to pay 6 pounds plus postage, that's pretty expensive!

They are:

Yeah, you can tell straight away from the pics that they are the same marshies.

I've bought some of the plain S&S ones a few times, they are pretty good but after a week or two in the fridge they taste a bit funny, imo.
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

Well I didn't let mine last a week lol. I was psyched when the girl at the store told me they had vegan marshmallows. I was just grabbing some veggie jello one day to make jello shots for a party and the girl at the register got all excited and started telling me about all the cool new vegan stuff they had, so I went in the next day to get some 'mallows and flirt a bit haha

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm

I am so getting me some of those sweet and sara marshies.
    If i keep a green bough in my heart my singing bird will come.

Quote TheAlterEgo View Post
    Upon returning home from uni after my exam (boo, hiss) I discovered that mummykins had left a window for this thread open knowing that it would be of interest to me. I quickly ordered some marshmallows I sincerely hope they're not dodgy, I'm a bit worried after reading Gorilla's post about them being sticky. I'll use them to make rice krispie treats if they do turn out to be not as I had hoped.

Well, TheAlterEgo's marshmallows arrived yesterday and they were absolutely gorgeous!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

Just realised I never said my marshmallows arrived - they are nice but so expensive doubt Id have them again, nice to try but I think Im more of a dark choc person when I need a sweet food/treat

I've had some of the Sweet & Sara ones. I like the coconut ones.

I tried Dandies marshmallows last month (pic on my website). They were ok but fairly stuck together and very sweet. I think I prefer the Sweet & Sara ones - although the price is very offputting. We definitely need a UK vegan marshmallow maker. You'd think someone would do some - there's a definite hole in the market!