Thread: New Vegan Needs Help!

PRETTYBOYANDYY

Question New Vegan Needs Help!

Heyy, I'm new to the boards,

I think this is going to be my new home, hehe

Okay, I want some diet corrections or input please

For supplementations I take super food/mixed greens powder, flax seed, chia seeds, lechtin, brewers yeast, L-Carnatine, hemp seed, flax oil, fish oil. Biotin, Silica, Sam-E(Is that safe to take?), adapagens, beta-caratene, Garden of life Raw Multi, B complex, Anti-oxidants, Multi-Mineral

For my protein I use Pea protein, Hemp protein, and spiritien(whole food protein mix).

My diet consits of:
    Am Green shake, later some fruit, later some sprouted complete protien bread from source of life.

Snack: Sunflower seeds, fruit,

Lunch: salad, later a Protein shake with banna, distilled water and I throw in some of the shake add-ins, I listed above.

Snack: Raw Almond butter, pomegrante seeds, green shake, protein shake.

Dinner: Tofu, Temeph, beans, salad, stuff like that...

Before bed: superfood, then protein shake.

lots of distilled water most of the time, some natural spring water(Is drinking distilled all the time bad?)

Please make any corrections/ suggestions needed.

Thanks
    Andy

Default Re: New Vegan Needs Help!

It's best to get your nutrients through foods. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to eat massive amounts of "superfoods." As long as you get in enough fruits, vegetables, grains, and the like, you should be fine. Try to make all of your food yourself, because then you know exactly what's in it, which is always a great thing, what with how messed up the food industry is nowadays.

Still, I'd say you're off to a pretty good start. Keep up the good, cruelty-free work!
    Last edited by flourchild; Jan 18th, 2010 at 06:57 PM.

JC

Default Re: New Vegan Needs Help!

Hi, welcome to the forum. Good for you on making the best choice of your life in becoming vegan! For a newbie, your diet strikes me as very... complex. You seem to have a whole lot of supplements and drinkable foods, but not so much solid food. If that's how you've always done it and you're happy like that, then great. But if you've made a radical change, i'd worry that it's perhaps not sustainable in the long term... And i don't mean to go on, but when you say you take fish oil (stupid question) but do you mean actual fish oil or a vegan substitute?