Thread: need anti-hunting activities for childrens booklet

journey

Default need anti-hunting activities for childrens booklet

Just wondering if anybody's got any anti-hunting activities that could be used in a children's booklet (middle school age). It could be a pen and paper activity, or one with instructions to do something active (like an active game).

I don't want anything too preachy, just a couple of positive facts about the benefits protecting wildlife, something counteracting the old 'but we have to kill the deer because there's too many of them', and then a game or activity, to include in a little booklet (about ecology in general - this is just a little short sidelight).

Any ideas?

Default Re: need anti-hunting activities for childrens booklet

we have a charity in the u.k. called 'league against cruel sports' they helped implement the hunting ban in england, don't know whether there's a website?

Perhaps you could get them to think about alternative means of population control? Some are listed here (along with hunting ).

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/options.html

journey

Yeah, I was thinking about these kinds of ideas. I also found some stuff on HSUS website.

I was thinking maybe some kind of matching activity, where they match different categories of protecting animals (like rules[no hunting regs] or protecting habitats) with examples.

Or writing down as many ideas they can think of why it is good to protect the wild animals.

But I'm still working on ways to make it a more fun activity for kids.