Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Vegan Brighton (2)

Default Re: Vegan Brighton (2)

Quote seamus View Post
    Satay veg w tofu and noodles. Tofu was soft and tastless, sauce also...noodles and beansprouts were swimmin in oil. Nasty shit.
    Ah, yes, their least good food item in my opinion. I like the sweet and sour and spicy wrap particularly.
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

We ate at Anatolia Cuisine a couple of weeks ago and it was incredible! It's on St. James St: http://www.anatoliacuisinebrighton.com/

I've got a couple of photos on my blog of our meal: http://paperbagblog.wordpress.com/20...tolia-cuisine/
    www.paperbagblog.wordpress.com

My brother-in-law has recently got a stall selling vegan sweets and savouries under the name of Renegade Veg at Florence Road Market (near London Road station) each Saturday, 10-2

His fb page is www.facebook.com/RenVeg if anyone is interested in seeing what he's selling each week

Edit - I've since found out that he's now only there on alternate Saturdays, sorry if anyone had a wasted trip last weekend. I'm trying to get him to update his FB page as to when he will/won't be there
    Last edited by fatvegan; Sep 30th, 2013 at 11:14 AM.

friendly fri

Went to food for friends two weeks ago, it is overpriced fine dining with small portions. Vbites is overpriced fast food, with awful service but nice cakes.
    Wai kika moo kau is good , despite calling nasty french fries chips. Bombay aloo is bland , cheap, flavourless Indian slop really. Welcome to vegan Brighton, yarr!!!
    :D :)

Quote friend View Post
    Went to food for friends two weeks ago, it is overpriced fine dining with small portions. Vbites is overpriced fast food, with awful service but nice cakes.
    Wai kika moo kau is good , despite calling nasty french fries chips. Bombay aloo is bland , cheap, flavourless Indian slop really. Welcome to vegan Brighton, yarr!!!
    What did you expect from Bombay Aloo - it's all you can eat for a fiver! I think it's great value for money. Nothing award-winning, just simple Indian food, great for when you're in a rush.

I don't know what's going on with Vbites - every review is the same in terms of service - if you look at Happycow, Trip advisor - and on here. Why don't they address these issues?!
    www.paperbagblog.wordpress.com

The service in vBites has been fine the 3 times I've been in there, it was fairly quiet each time though. Agree with it being overpriced!

Info for anyone in the Brighton area - Animal Charities Fair, Hove Town Hall, 10:30am to 3:00pm

http://whatson.brighton.co.uk/event/...0%20Nov%202013

friendly fri

Quote Troutina View Post
    What did you expect from Bombay Aloo - it's all you can eat for a fiver! I think it's great value for money. Nothing award-winning, just simple Indian food, great for when you're in a rush.

I don't know what's going on with Vbites - every review is the same in terms of service - if you look at Happycow, Trip advisor - and on here. Why don't they address these issues?!
    Better variation, some flavours and spices would be a good start..it was really poor.
    :D :)

Mousee!!

Has anyone been to the Almond Tree(if that's even the name of the place) on 7 dials?