Thread: Going take a while to like!

Default Going take a while to like!

I made some sushi balls with umeboshi plums in them (recipe taken from Vegan Lunchbox book). I bought the small pot of Sanchi organic umeboshi plums.

Me not like! A taste I've (obviously) not encountered before. I think I shall chop the plums into small pieces in future, and then build it up. Shall I maybe try the paste next?

(I'm a determined one when it comes to food. I'm know I'm going to be told, if I don't like it, don't eat it! Maybe I needed to rinse them or something?)

Anyway, just thought I'd say
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

Slightly Crazy 1gentlemaorispirit's Avatar

Default Re: Going take a while to like!

Quote pusskins View Post
    I made some sushi balls with umeboshi plums in them (recipe taken from Vegan Lunchbox book). I bought the small pot of Sanchi organic umeboshi plums.

Me not like! A taste I've (obviously) not encountered before. I think I shall chop the plums into small pieces in future, and then build it up. Shall I maybe try the paste next?

(I'm a determined one when it comes to food. I'm know I'm going to be told, if I don't like it, don't eat it! Maybe I needed to rinse them or something?)

Anyway, just thought I'd say
    Umeboshi plums are strong if you're not used to the taste. I add the paste when making a cheese sause, it adds a "mature cheese" flavour.

Eating a little at a time will help you get used to the taste. You could try adding a little Wasabi onto the plums to help "mask" the taste a little next time you make Sushi.
    I make no apologies for myself, my passions, my love, my honesty, my intensity, my soul. Reach beyond your fears and take all of me or nothing at all.

Thank you for the suggestions, 1gentlemaorispirit. I'll try out that paste suggestion. Yes, a small piece at a time it will have to be! However, on a positive note, my partner really liked them!

Slightly Crazy 1gentlemaorispirit's Avatar

Quote pusskins View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions, 1gentlemaorispirit. I'll try out that paste suggestion. Yes, a small piece at a time it will have to be! However, on a positive note, my partner really liked them!
    You're welcome! Does your partner snaffle them greedily? They, umm. . . well . . .er . .creat a lot of wind if eaten in great quantity. Please don't ask how I know . . . LOL!
    I make no apologies for myself, my passions, my love, my honesty, my intensity, my soul. Reach beyond your fears and take all of me or nothing at all.

LOL Right, gotcha So I'll know when snaffling has been occurring