Jusroll puff pastry
    Sugar

Truffle filling:
    500g dark chocolate
    1 cup cashews
    1 banana
    1 cup water

Directions
    soak cashew nuts over night. Blend to heavy cream consistancy with banana (add alcohol if desired). Melt chocolate and mix cream into it. Refrigerate for 2 hours. (If you want truffles roll into balls and roll in cocoa). circles of pastry, coat one side in the sugar, but a good blob of truffle mix on the other side and fold over to make a pasty and bake until golden. Vv tasty, but still having some issues with the pastry opening up and truffle filling coming out a little.

Default Re: Chocolate Danish Pasties

Mmm, that sounds so delicious! I really wish I had an oven!

No oven? Heh, I know this isn't helpful to say, but I'd be lost without my oven! Have you every considered getting a toaster oven? They're dinky!
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Quote squigaletta View Post
    ...still having some issues with the pastry opening up and truffle filling coming out a little.
    Are you moistening the edges before squishing them together? If not, it might help.

Thanks for posting the recipe - I have some puff pastry I need to use up, and chocolate and pastry is always a good combo
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Quote twinkle View Post
    No oven? Heh, I know this isn't helpful to say, but I'd be lost without my oven! Have you every considered getting a toaster oven? They're dinky!
    Lol, I do feel a bit lost without it...though it's probably better for me since I'm eating less cake! I would, but I'm only in this flat for a year, so I don't want to buy one for such a short time. I'll just have to survive somehow without an oven, hehe.

Quote twinkle View Post
    Are you moistening the edges before squishing them together? If not, it might help.

Thanks for posting the recipe - I have some puff pastry I need to use up, and chocolate and pastry is always a good combo
    I had done but the chocolate was just too voluptuous. But I have since experimented and found a solution; fold the pastry round the truffle batter like an envelope and then put then so the join is facing downwards. Make sense? So on top you just have a smooth expanse of pastry. BUT; my housemate prefers it when the chocolate escapes a bit and goes a little crunchy, so whichever way you prefer them