Thread: EU polls trapping

boatsteem1

Default EU polls trapping

The European Union (EU) is looking for people's opinions regarding trapping. It's a questionnaire containing questions on animal welfare in regards to trapping, if trapping should be allowed and for what reasons, and how trapping should be regulated.

Follow this link and take the questionnaire:

http://ec.europa.eu/environment/cons...rapping_en.htm

Default Re: EU polls trapping

It's not a very good questionnaire for vegans though, is it. There are few options to say that the practice should be banned and participation in the poll legitimises its supposed depth..
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

boatsteem1

You can always answer "None of the above"

Slightly Crazy 1gentlemaorispirit's Avatar

Quote horselesspaul View Post
    It's not a very good questionnaire for vegans though, is it. There are few options to say that the practice should be banned and participation in the poll legitimises its supposed depth..
    I answered as best I could. In the section for comments, and in my usual blunt, yet polite way, I made my feelings VERY clear on how I felt about animals being trapped.
    I make no apologies for myself, my passions, my love, my honesty, my intensity, my soul. Reach beyond your fears and take all of me or nothing at all.

Quote mazatael View Post
    You can always answer "None of the above"
    Statistically they can use that how they like if there is no option for an outright ban. That option is not offered in every instance either and 'Don't know' becomes the only way to feed back.
    I too made my feelings abundantly clear in the 'Comment' section at the end.
    I am sceptical as to what, if any, effect my contribution will be allowed to make.
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

Slightly Crazy 1gentlemaorispirit's Avatar

Quote horselesspaul View Post
    Statistically they can use that how they like if there is no option for an outright ban. That option is not offered in every instance either and 'Don't know' becomes the only way to feed back.
    I too made my feelings abundantly clear in the 'Comment' section at the end.
    I am sceptical as to what, if any, effect my contribution will be allowed to make.
    Probably about as much effect as protesting against the whaling ban being lifted! Not sure what I've just written makes any sense?! I feel whaling band should stay in place and animal trapping should also be banned.
    Last edited by 1gentlemaorispirit; Jan 28th, 2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: to try and make sense of what I'd written. Brain fart again
    I make no apologies for myself, my passions, my love, my honesty, my intensity, my soul. Reach beyond your fears and take all of me or nothing at all.

Thank you for sharing this!
    I think it's very important to choose that it should be an Association
    dealing with animal welfare to decide on traps etc.

because since it's unlikely the'll have a full ban on all kinds of traps,
    at least if many people decided that it's up to Animal Welfare associations
    to regulate the types and the animals and the conditions etc,
    we could hope to at least get better results..