Thread: Bulk ordering - Soymilk

Jam, jam, jam.

Default Bulk ordering - Soymilk

Hello there,
    Hope you all had a good Vegandelishious Christmas and New Year.
    I'm a student and am trying to bulk order soy milk/rice milk to save money (also because I'm on a Woolworths/Coles boycott). Does anybody know of a site, preferably based in NSW, which sells soy/rice milk suitable for vegans and sells in packs of 12 or 24 (UHT)?
    Any help would be really appreciated!
    Thank you,

The GiantTeapot

Default Re: Bulk ordering - Soymilk

Have you thought of dried soy milk powder? You can get some brands in 1k packs which must make lotsa litres of milk. Not as convenient as made-up, of course, but it should work out cheaper.

It depends on what you want/like in soy milk though. Personally, I'd've given up drinking tea if I hadn't found decent-tasting (read: sweetened) brands - I can't come at the really plain (beany) types in my cuppa, though I don't mind too much in my breakfast. My favourite of the moment is Vitasoy 'Soy Milky' (the fridge one) which drunk straight, has a coconutty taste and I love it in my tea.

Last time I noticed, (few months ago) you can get at least a couple of dried brands in Woolies - small packets of sachets (each makes 200-250 mls wet) in the aisle where the other dried milk products are; and the just-ground-dried-soy-bean-plain-beany type in what passes for the health section now - more like deli/gourmet foods section. I suppose you could mess about with the flavour by adding sweetener, vanilla to it as you make it up.

Good luck........Vee

PS: If you buy the really plain beany pack and find you don't like the taste in your giant teapot, it makes really terrific tasting (and nutritious) additive to soups/stews etc.

Jam, jam, jam.

Default Re: Bulk ordering - Soymilk

Thanks Vee!

Dried soy would be a great idea, if just to use when cooking! I'll check out my local health food store.

Thanks ever so much!
    The Giantteapot