Thread: London Vegan Breakfast

Default London Vegan Breakfast

Hello
    I'm likely to be going up to London on the sleeper in the next few months. You get in at 0540, but can stay on the train until 0700 - is there anywhere good to go for breakfast, preferably near to Paddington, or easily tubable as a family from there?
    Thanks
    V

Stu

Default Re: London Vegan Breakfast

Good question... I can't think of anywhere in the Paddington area that's open at that time. I suppose you could find a Turkish place that does pittas with houmous and salad, maybe. There are lots of places like that in the area. You wouldn't have time to go somewhere else on the tube, get breakfast, and get back to the station in 80 minutes.

I work around there, so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Thanks Stu
    Sorry, I didn't make myself plain - what I meant by mentioning those times was that we don't have to start looking for breakfast until 7. We don't have to go back to the train that day.
    You are allowed to use the first class waiting room if you come up on the sleeper, which we could use if the worst comes to the worst. They do have fruit, tea and coffee, but the carbohydrate is in the form of croissants which is obviously no good. Also, it has a very fusty atmosphere - lots of tweedy men reading the papers in complete silence - and I have a very noisy and energetic 5 year old who will have been cooped up on a train all night. I think a Turkish pitta with hummus will be a lot more family friendly....
    Thanks
    V

Stu

If you're willing to travel a bit, there's the brilliant Pogo Cafe in Hackney (100% vegan).
    http://www.pogocafe.co.uk/
    But it is in Hackney and would take you 45 minutes to get there, would involve tube + train and it doesn't open until 12:30.

You could also consider Eat And Two Veg - http://www.eatandtwoveg.com/ - which is in Marylebone (which is in Westminster, just by Paddington), so it's only about two tube stops and a short walk.

Eat and Two veg looks perfect - its open for breakfast and its not too far away. Thanks Stu - we'll have a tea toast to you when we get there!
    V

It's about half hour's walk from Paddington station to Eat and Two Veg, my Dad does it regularly. Well, whenever I demand that he does to meet me there for burgery goodness.
    No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.