Thread: Live Vegan Baby Study

Default Live Vegan Baby Study (UPDATED LINKS)

Health Survey of Vegan, Live Food Babies & Children
    We are delighted to announce the release of this monumental survey designed to investigate the health of babies from birth to five years of age who have vegan parents and eat a vegan live food diet.

The results from this survey will be published with the intention to support parents who choose to bring up their children on a vegan live food diet.

Our intention is to have data from 200 families so that this powerful data will be recognized as essential for families, physicians, consultants and educators. The preliminary results will be published as a Masters Thesis in late July with the support of Gabriel Cousens M.D.

Please forward this letter, post it on your email lists, post it bulletin boards and on your social media networks to take this out to as many people as possible.

Access the survey and read the participant requirements by following this link:

Mother and Baby/ Child Survey
    http://susanmillercoaching.com/drupa...BabySurvey.pdf
    (Takes a moment to load) (before filling it in please save the file on your computer)

Expert/ Researcher Survey
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewf...ZWJOcmJNb0E6MA

Join us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...4001408&ref=mf

Have a Wonderful Day
    Philip and Susan Madeley
    Last edited by ilovekale; Jul 4th, 2009 at 03:34 AM. Reason: UPDATED SURVEY LINKS

Default Re: Live Vegan Baby Study

In this study, vegans may eat some ethically farmed bee products (honey – pollen).

2.Mom / baby / family eat primarily vegan and with rare (once or once a year) organic or home grown dairy (milk/cheese and/or eggs)

3.Mom / baby / family are strictly vegan with rare (once or once a year) flesh eating (fish, chicken, pig, cow)
    So it's not just for vegans then?

I realise you've already started it but I would have scrapped the 'live' bit, it just adds a complication. (Are the results due to veganism or eating 'live'?)

EDIT: Also, have you taken account of the fact that people who aren't too confident about their own/childs health are far less likely to complete a survey like this?

Thank You for your comments

ideally we prefer Vegans...

this is a Living Food Based Study... to show the health effects of a living vegan diet, there are plenty of vegan studies... little to non on living vegan studys

We are happy to do the survey by phone/mail/email for anyone uncomfortable about sharing via internet

Philip

When you say Living Food do you mean raw food?
    mama to Ryan (7), AJ (6), Nate (3), Maia (1), all born at home.

Technically they are different

Living: Sprouts, Freshly Picked, Sauerkraut
    |
    |
    the older the produce the less nutrient value
    |
    |
    \/
    Raw: Store Bought Produce, Dry Goods

Of course these are generalities. Some items can still hold a high vibration when processed.

Living is key when talking about Greens and Sprouts as they lose their life energy and nutrient value much quicker.

A raw candy bar for example be very low vibration... that same bar if processed with love and high quality ingredients that are more stable at higher temperature can be higher vibration.... is it a living food is questionable on a few levels:

1) Needs scientific study to measure enzymes and nutrient value
    2) Is it as healthy as an organic fresh picked apple
    3) Can the body digest it easily

Philip

Low vibration?

Risker

I did not understand your response. Please clarify.

Philip

Quote ilovekale View Post

A raw candy bar for example be very low vibration
    What does this mean?

I'm curious too. I've never heard the terms "low vibration/high vibration" either.

If you're looking for kids raised on a strict vegetarian diet, I've got 4 of them, and I've been eating vegan for 16+ years as well.
    mama to Ryan (7), AJ (6), Nate (3), Maia (1), all born at home.

Default UPDATED: Live Vegan Baby Study

Health Survey of Vegan, Live Food Babies & Children
    We are delighted to announce the release of this monumental survey designed to investigate the health of babies from birth to five years of age who have vegan parents and eat a vegan live food diet.

The results from this survey will be published with the intention to support parents who choose to bring up their children on a vegan live food diet.

Our intention is to have data from 200 families so that this powerful data will be recognized as essential for families, physicians, consultants and educators. The preliminary results will be published as a Masters Thesis in late July with the support of Gabriel Cousens M.D.

Please forward this letter, post it on your email lists, post it bulletin boards and on your social media networks to take this out to as many people as possible.

Access the survey and read the participant requirements by following this link:

Mother and Baby/ Child Survey
    http://susanmillercoaching.com/drupa...BabySurvey.pdf
    (Takes a moment to load) (before filling it in please save the file on your computer)

Expert/ Researcher Survey
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewf...ZWJOcmJNb0E6MA

Join us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...4001408&ref=mf

Have a Wonderful Day
    Philip and Susan Madeley

I found this page on food vibration, is that what you mean?

http://www.landspurg.com/html/en/10.shtml

If it is then I must admit I find the whole thing very worrying, especially as you're talking about babies.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Unless you've changed your terms of reference from the "rare flesh eating" and "honey eating" quotes posted by Risker (post #2) then this study is worthless as a study of vegan eating habits.

Please can you clarify whether the study was of vegans (no consumption of animal products or animal derived products), or of vegetarians (if so, what type of vegetarian - lacto ovo, etc) or of omnivores.

(I understand the "live" reference - it's just the vegan, veggie or omni part that is concerning me.)

If it is a study of vegans then I would be more than happy to help you share the findings as widely as possible. However without clarification as above, I am not yet confident that the study is of vegans - can you help with this? Thanks!

EDIT: Reading Risker's link, the "live" reference is actually a bit concerning too!

Personally I tie a vibrating cock ring to my fork, that makes my food vibrate real good.

Yes we want 100% Vegans (and if there are people who are less than perfect!) we want them to tell us!

Not sure what the issue is when vibration is... everything is energy... somethings have more energy or charge or life force... simply and clear from my perspective... and yes it is worrying that we are feeding our children dead and processed foods.

Quote Est View Post
    Unless you've changed your terms of reference from the "rare flesh eating" and "honey eating" quotes posted by Risker (post #2) then this study is worthless as a study of vegan eating habits.

!
    I wouldn't say it's worthless.
    Maybe if someone has consumed something non vegan once in the last year then, semantically, they are 'not vegan'. I'm pretty sure i have by mistake. In fact i know i have, a couple of months ago.
    But in a purely practical scientific sense then the consumption of one item over a 365 day period will not influnce the overall health results!
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

Quote ilovekale View Post
    and yes it is worrying that we are feeding our children dead and processed foods.
    No, that's not what I find worrying, using a pendulum to decide what's healthy is what I find worrying.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Well that good because that link has nothing to do with my study..

My study is has the intent to show the world that you can bring up children and babies healthy on a 100% vegan 80-100% live/living/raw/living/fresh food diet.

Many mothers are in fear that they cannot do this in a healthy way and sometimes parents of vegan children and babies are threatened by authorities.

If you look at the study you will see the there is an excellent balance of questions to support this.

Love and Hugs
    Philip

Quote gogs67 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's worthless.
    Maybe if someone has consumed something non vegan once in the last year then, semantically, they are 'not vegan'. I'm pretty sure i have by mistake. In fact i know i have, a couple of months ago.
    But in a purely practical scientific sense then the consumption of one item over a 365 day period will not influnce the overall health results!
    Sorry gogs, I gotta disagree. As a "scientific" study of vegan diet, the deliberate consumption of non-vegan items such as milk, eggs, pig and chicken, even just once a year (as the study explicitly permits in its guidelines) means that the methodology is seriously flawed.

In addition, the findings are self-reported observational analysis by the respondents. This is inherently open to bias and also means the results cannot be accurately replicated or tested, which again reduces its credibility.

While I have no idea how many people responded, if the study size ended up being under 200 respondents, it's too small for its findings to be considered significant (what's known as sparse data). Note that 200 respondents is the minimum size. The more participants, the greater the probability of observing/identifying statistically significant findings. Increasing the number of participants effectively reduces the chance of drawing incorrect conclusions.

Other points: there is a separate form for "vegan experts" to complete. The questions in this are lamentable.

"What SuperFoods does [sic] your "research" suggest that Vegan babies and children require and why?" and other questions in a similar vein.

"Please Provide References and Research where possible to back up your statements." Ah, anyone providing "expert" answers should surely be proving their credentials and (credible, scientific, peer reviewed, etc) sources as a matter of course?

I doubt this study's findings will be of any interest to "pysicians, consultants and educators" unless they are unaware of the requirements for a robust study, and I personally wouldn't be basing any dietary choices for my hypothetical future children (god forbid!) on its "powerful data".

What I don't get is how raw/cold food can have more vibration than hot food. Or how a room temperature freshly picked apple can have different vibration to a room temperature apple that's a couple of weeks older.

Temperature is a measurement of vibration and energy. The more energetic molecules are, the more they vibrate, and the hotter they get.

Of course this says nothing at all about the nutrients contained within the food, or the bio-availability of those nutrients.
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

Quote Est View Post
    I doubt this study's findings will be of any interest to "pysicians, consultants and educators" unless they are unaware of the requirements for a robust study, and I personally wouldn't be basing any dietary choices for my hypothetical future children (god forbid!) on its "powerful data".
    Fair enough, i still don't think any data collected will be 'worthless' though!
    We'll agree that it's a non-scientific study but i'll still be interested to see the results!
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

Dear Forum Friends,

Thank You. I am very grateful for everyone's feedback and suggestions

This study is for a Masters Thesis and is set on a practical level to gather information from the people living this lifestyle rather than the "men in white coats" who created with peer reviewed scientific research and trillions of dollars so called "scientific research": vaccinations, pharmaceutical drugs, fake diseases to go with the drugs they sell, artificial foods, mercury fillings, hospitals births, unnecessary surgery and beyond.

We also know that iatrogenic disease by the so called medical experts backed by scientific research is one of the biggest killers of humans.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-part-one.aspx

From this beginning study we will be able to see where parents are struggling and what additional research needs to be done. By asking how parents: the people support their children in the trenches, instead of idealism and judgment, we will be able to be able to find better ways to support the parents who desire to bring their children up vegan. We will be able to share what other parents do and what experts who support parents share with their students.

Of course I will be citing all references and collecting credentials of the experts who do share their information.

Thank you Risker for sharing your thoughts, you have a lot of passion and energy for this information... what is you expertize in the area of raising vegan children may I ask?

Much Love and Hugs
    Philip

Raw and Cold are not the same thing. You can warm all raw foods and make delicious hot soups and teas as required.

We have all seen the effects of time on fresh produce. The longer it is away from the plant the more it begins to decay.

Of course some things keep better than others under the right conditions. What happens to their energy/ life force needs more research. Freshly picked local greens, berries and other produce do taste and feel better to me than the ones I buy in the store... think of a fresh strawberry freshly picked and then one from a store.

A roasted seed/ nut has the same nutrients as a raw one... only the raw one will grow. Personally I want whats in the raw seed

Quote Pob View Post
    What I don't get is how raw/cold food can have more vibration than hot food. Or how a room temperature freshly picked apple can have different vibration to a room temperature apple that's a couple of weeks older.

Temperature is a measurement of vibration and energy. The more energetic molecules are, the more they vibrate, and the hotter they get.

Of course this says nothing at all about the nutrients contained within the food, or the bio-availability of those nutrients.

Updated 5 minute survey for busy moms & mums

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewf...eHVzUklobFE6MA

Main survey site: http://livingveganchildren.com/

Thank you for all your help and support

Philip