Thread: New restaurant in Stavanger Norway

Smile New restaurant in Stavanger Norway

AT LAST, a veggie restaurant has opened in Stavanger - Resept Østervåg 43. We went yesterday to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and it was wonderful. It is just a small cafe but they had set a table for us with roses and a candle. Normally you would order from the counter but they waited on us. The food was REALLY good, all the food was vegan, the only animal products used appeared to be the milk in the coffees. The service was friendly and good. I do hope it keeps open but I don't know if there are enough people in Stavanger who are veggie/vegan or open minded enough to patronise it and keep it going. While we were there a couple came in and sat down but as soon as they found out that it was veggie they upped and left. Sad. We have lived in Norway for 15 years and have rarely gone out to eat, now we plan to go every week!

Default Re: New restaurant in Stavanger Norway

Hi pansypuss!
    Have been to Norway once (Oslo) and my OH loved it. I just looked up Stavanger and it looks gorgeous. Maybe we will have to have a short break there this summer and go to this place! I really hope it's successful for the sake of the owners (and for your sake too - must be lovely to have somewhere to eat out at last!) Keep us updated on what you've been eating there!

Så bra Thanks for the advice.

I'll have to visit next time I'm in Stavanger!

Wink Re: New restaurant in Stavanger Norway

Update, Resept is still going strong and apart from cow's milk for drinks being available ALL food is vegan and wonderful. A new vegan society has started up in Norway and we have a 'vegantreff' in Stavanger every month. The second one is tonight - (jeg gleder meg til det!). Unfortunately we vegans are rather thin on the ground here in Stavanger, 5 of us last time, will we have more tonight???!!!