Thread: innocent veg pots ?

Default innocent veg pots ?

i was reading magazine last night and saw that innocent have made some new veg pots supposed to be in sainsburys and tesco, has anyone seen them anywhere ? i went sainsburys this morning to look for them but i couldnt find them.
    there stews and curries i looked in fridges by other soups but no luck anyone tried them and where did you get them ?

Default Re: innocent veg pots ?

I did see some somewhere - think it might have been Waitrose. The pots seemed quite small for the price but I can see they would be good in an emergency.

not sure how big they are as only seen them in mag and online, but they supposed to be £3.49 i think i only buy the smoothies when they on offer as i think they rather dear.

I'm not really a smoothie person, but I see on their website they're claiming it's cheaper to buy their smoothies (the cartons rather than the little bottles) than make the equivalent at home. I suppose a smoothie requires quite a lot of fruit?

i've mentioned these in a couple of threads on here.

http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/things_we_make/vegpots/

they seem a bit difficult to get hold of, the shops that do have them seem to mostly stock the non-vegan ones, so be careful if you do find any. i managed to get the sweet potato chilli in Sainsburys when they were on special offer, 2 for £5 which i think is much better value than full price.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

i never buy innocent stuff full price i only get them if they on offer,

I've definitely seen them in Sainsburys, maybe in Waitrose too. I've bought them a few times when they are on offer (sometimes they are £2.49).
    There was a seasonal special one recently which was vegan, it was a curry. They are all really nice imo and the pots hold more than they appear to - it's a decent portion I think (and I'm a bit greedy ).
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

where are they in the shop the fridge ? or in a special section i couldnt find them anywhere today

I saw some of these in Tesco but they weren't suitable for vegans!
    Which ones are suitable?
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

if you go to the innocent website and click on them it says which ones are vegan

It says vegetarian or vegetarian and vegan on the packaging sandra.

I think they were in the veggie chilled section mchelle81, where the quorn stuff is kept.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

oh in that case they musnt sell any in my store then thats where i looked first thats disapointing

Thanks I'll look up the website and find out which ones are vegan!

Just to say I saw these in Waitrose yesterday in the chilled soup section!

i got a reply off them on facebook said they in the chilled ready meal section in sainsburys, they not in sainsburys by me i have sent them a message asking why they not all vegan ? waiting for a reply

Saw these on offer at £2.99 in Planet Organic today (Torrington Place).

bad news guys...
    I for one will never be buying Innocent anything, ever again - now they've sold out to Coca Cola

I don't care if they're vegan, organic or the most ethically produced product on the planet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7986901.stm
    Born to Lose - Live to Win!

I've seen the veg pots both in Tesco and Sainstury's. Now the questions is are they good? I am new to vegan food and I don't always like how it tastes
    I've read an article and they say you can try out the Thai Curry veg pot for free. I must have found it too late because now it says they've given away already today's veg posts.
    Anybody tried getting the free veg pots?

Hello vegJenny, welcome to the forum.

I haven't seen the free offer but I have had the vegan ones a couple of times and thought they were OK. I never think pre-prepared stuff tastes as good as what even I (as a fairly lazy and unimaginative cook) could make myself using fresh vegetables, but they can be handy in an "emergency".

Please let us know what you think if you try one. You need to check the packaging because not all are vegan.

Thanks for your comment. I was also thinking at these veg post for emergency cases
    I'll keep an eye for that free veg pot the next days. If it doesn't work out I'll head to Tesco and buy one. I'll let you know how it goes

If they weren't so expensive I'd happily live off them. The small Tesco near where I live has 4 or 5 different kinds (all vegan) in their veggie section, and they are gorgeous.

They're okay but nothing amazing and definitely not worth the price. Seems to me that the reason for them being so expensive is that they add things like loose spinach leaves which have a short shelf life meaning the whole product has to be short dated just because of a couple of ingredients.

Much cheaper to get an own brand curry and a bag of spinach and combine them yourself, tastes about the same as well.

I agree. I bought two of them yesterday half price in Tesco. I find them very bland and quite sickly. My daughter took one forkful and couldn't eat anymore. It wouldn't be so bad if they were cheaper but even at half price they were still £1.74 and in my opinion they just aren't worth that.

I tried two pots a while ago, when they were BOGOF at Sainsbury's. I ate less than half of them both. I just didn't like them. The flavours were not my 'thing' and I didn't like the way everything was mixed together. It made it a rather bland, monotonous eating experience. So, on both occasions, I gave up.

It is a shame though, as they are healthy, vegan and super convenient. Plus, everything else I have tried from Innocent is lush.

leedsveg

Quote Corum View Post
    bad news guys...
    I for one will never be buying Innocent anything, ever again - now they've sold out to Coca Cola

I don't care if they're vegan, organic or the most ethically produced product on the planet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7986901.stm
    I can see where Corum was coming from with the above posting made 2 years ago. What I find particularly sad is that the people at Innocent are still coming out with the same jokey, ethical tosh they were coming out with pre-Coca Cola, as though nothing has changed.

Lv

I still think if you boycott everything unethical we'd be living a very difficult life food wise.

I've never tried to veg pots...I've never seen them on offer...I'm guessing you eat them cold? Yuck, I wonder if you can heat them. lol
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

^ You do heat them up Witchy Microwave or saucepan. They do things like a Thai curry, Mexican sweet potato chilli, that sort of thing. I really like them - I fall into the "can't cook, won't cook" camp so for me the convenience outweighs the expense.

leedsveg

Quote xwitchymagicx View Post
    [COLOR=purple]I still think if you boycott everything unethical we'd be living a very difficult life food wise.
    I agree, which is why I have never suggested that.

As with most things, there are matters of degree, and I (and I presume others) choose the extent to which I will compromise and then say "beyond this, I will not go."

leedsveg

Quote xwitchymagicx View Post
    I still think if you boycott everything unethical we'd be living a very difficult life food wise.

I've never tried to veg pots...I've never seen them on offer...I'm guessing you eat them cold? Yuck, I wonder if you can heat them. lol
    They are half price in Tesco right now

Are they? Thanks!

Yes, they are £1.74 each, I would recommend the Piri Piri. Tesco also do their own version for £2.5 .