Thread: Govindas

puca

Default Govindas

Hare hare Krishna!

Anybody else been to Govindas?

I love the vegan grub they do and was delighted that they catered for the Climate Change after party.

Nothing like a bowl of daal when you're shaking from exhaustion.

Mmmmmmm

Default Re: Govindas

I ate at the one in Bratislava a couple of years back when I was stuck there for 5 days for work. Only had chance to eat there once. All but a raita was vegan, and it was eat all you like for a couple of quid. Solid, no-frills, vegan food!

Was a nice change from the diet of fruit, salad, nuts, soya milk, and chips that I had been surviving on.
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

where is mariana´s usual question?

"is it spicy?"
    http://vegangothfairy.wordpress.com

puca

Answer: No, not spicey.

I love Govindas (especially when my brothers buys my lunch there, haha!). The only thing is, you always have to ask what's vegan.

I had an okra curry from there a lil while back and it made me go weak at the knees, it was so good! Also, I often get belly aches from indian restaurants/takeaways so it's refreshing to eat a curry that doesn't have that affect

Where is the Govindas in London? I will be moving there later in the year from Australia, and would love to know where I can get a decent vegan feed.

puca

Quote Eveish View Post
    Where is the Govindas in London? I will be moving there later in the year from Australia, and would love to know where I can get a decent vegan feed.
    It's just off Soho Square, down Soho Street (I think that's what it's called)....

Near Tottenham Court Road station.

And hiya! *waves*

Be lovely to see you at a meet.

Quote loveganism View Post
    I love Govindas (especially when my brothers buys my lunch there, haha!). The only thing is, you always have to ask what's vegan.
    govinda's is awesome! but yes you are right, its a shame that they don't make it a bit clearer what the vegan options are. still, can't complain though with yummy cheap food, and soho square opposite :smile:

Though one step up from the Hare Krishna mush that's served at Glastonbury, I've not been that impressed by Govindas. There's certainly better places to get decently priced Indian food in the area, such as Sagar on the other side of Oxford Street which has a vegan menu and the best bhajis I've ever tasted.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

I found this restaurant by accident a couple of years ago and have been in love with it ever since. They always have such a large spread of yummy food and I always want a helping of everything! I love their homemade burgers and their Vegan fruit cake, although I always feel I've eaten a horse when I've finished (no horses were harmed in the making of this sentence).
    Last week I went there as a treat from my family after my graduation and I tried their curry, which was divine. I just wish they'd sort their cutlery out! I always get my dinner served in a tiny bowl and end up spilling half of it all over the table.

I go when I'm working in London. I took a work colleague there once for a business lunch - blew his mind. lol