Thread: Where in Canada to spend the summer? (over on a working hol)

Default Where in Canada to spend the summer? (over on a working hol)

Hey guys

I'm looking for some advice... I am in the process of getting my Canadian working holiday visa and planning to get there at the end of May. I don't know where to go to work for the summer. I have spent time in Whistler, Vancouver and Victoria before so don't want to go back to any of these places. I was thinking of somewhere resort-ish, as opposed to a big city. I thought it would be nice to be near the sea or on a lake, so thought of the gulf islands or Invermere in BC but am not sure. Anyone got any other good suggestions? It doesn't have to be in BC though =) It is just all I know of Canada really. Any help would be appreciated

Default Re: Where in Canada to spend the summer? (over on a working hol)

I've been wanting to go to Banff and Jasper. They are large national parks with loads of hiking and backpacking (which is what I'm interested in). Supposedly it's a gorgeous area with great scenery and Banff is a cute little town. I'd like to go in June but I want to find someone to go with..
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Why go all the way to BC to see the ocean?! The Atlantic Provinces are even closer to you, it'll only be a 8-9 hour flight. There's the sea, rivers, lakes, forests, and not as many people. I know Prince Edward Island, where I'm from, is incredibly touristy in the summer. It's our main source of income, second to agriculture. Plus there's only 130 thousand on the whole island, which may be a nice break from being a populous city.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Oooh, I've been to Banff, DiaShel. Would love to go back there and can imagine it would be a great place to spend a summer.

^ The hostel there looks great too! I wish I knew more outdoorsy people. I'm sure my boyfriend would go but his last two weeks of work are the two weeks I have off, great timing I travel solo a lot but I'm getting tired of it. Maybe next year...
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Oooh I forgot i posted this. Thanks for your ideas guys. I am now in invermere, bc and it is beautiful, mountains and a lake. Going to make it to the atlantic provinces at the end of my year here though, tigerlily, it sounds lovely there too =)

Hello - I'm in Vancouver. If you make it down here and need some recommendations for places to visit, or eat - please let me know