Thread: The Real Greek

Default The Real Greek

I haven't been to this place for a while but am going to one soon and when I looked on their website I was pleased to see that they have started marking the vegan dishes VG.

http://www.therealgreek.com/menus.html

I know most people prefer to go to veg*n restaurants, and I do too, but if there isn't one where you want it this could be a useful standby.

They also have some money-off vouchers on the site if anyone is planning to go soon.

Default Re: The Real Greek

Quote harpy View Post
    I haven't been to this place for a while but am going to one soon and when I looked on their website I was pleased to see that they have started marking the vegan dishes VG.

http://www.therealgreek.com/menus.html

I know most people prefer to go to veg*n restaurants, and I do too, but if there isn't one where you want it this could be a useful standby.

They also have some money-off vouchers on the site if anyone is planning to go soon.
    There's one of these right by where I live (about a 1-2 min walk) and it's great to know it's there in a pinch (some days I wake up and realize I don't have any food in my place! ). I always walked right by it because I didn't think it would have anything vegan! Thank you!!

That's good. We have one locally too (but no veggie places, boo).

I really like the grub in there, mostly because it reminds me of Greek hols gone by but I do find it's well prepared too. Strangely they do a salad that's just dressed Cos lettuce but is absolutely delicious IMO

Quote harpy View Post
    That's good. We have one locally too (but no veggie places, boo).

I really like the grub in there, mostly because it reminds me of Greek hols gone by but I do find it's well prepared too. Strangely they do a salad that's just dressed Cos lettuce but is absolutely delicious IMO
    I am lucky to have Rootmaster near by but it's a little pricey so I don't usually go there unless I want to treat myself. Sounds nice. I'll have to give it a try sometime soon!

Ta very much Harpy, some nice looking VG stuff there.
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

It's a pity that they don't have any hot vegan mezzes but there's plenty there for a cold meal and they sound good - I love that type of food.
    I think this is great progress having vegan dishes marked on a menu of such a mainstream chain of restuarants - good on them. I don't find it's always realistic to go to veggie places with friends/ family and it's great to have somewhere where you don't have to ask 20 questions about all the veggie dishes to try and discover what (if anything) is suitable! I think beyond going there only when neccesity dictates, it's worth supporting a chain that's recognised us as a valued customer type. The only other chain I know that marks vegan options is Le Pain - there's only a couple of choices of main but they're both good Does anyone know if The Real Greek actually mark VG on the paper menus though? - I did notice these VG signs online when I was checking out venues for my work christmas meal, but next time i walked past a branch, the menu in the window didn't seem to include the info. Perhaps, they're in the process on replacing them...

Mmm everything looks so good!

Quote VeganMonkey View Post
    Does anyone know if The Real Greek actually mark VG on the paper menus though?
    Our local one does I expect you're right that they were "in transition" before. Now I've got to try and remember to write and thank them!

Please see this other thread for a note about an error on their menu http://www.veganforum.com/forums/sho...ght=real+greek
    (Sorry, I forgot I'd started this thread )

Looks good, but just noticed at the bottom that the grilled asparagus is marked as VG although it says it is made with greek honey.

Yes, that's what the messages I put on the other thread are about, Butterfly! They say they're going to correct it, but if you would like to write to them about it as well I'm sure it wouldn't do any harm. The Vegan Society was going to contact them too.

Oh right, just noticed that. Glad they are going to correct it =)