Thread: Vegan Haribos - YAY!

Default Vegan Haribos - YAY!

I don't know if anyone here has heard of the Halal Haribos which are also vegetarian... There are 8 varieties of them, about 4 of which are Vegan (sugar coated). The rest however are coated with... BEESWAX. I emailed the suppliers to ask for stockists, and I also decided to ask (but was not expecting a positive response) if they would be making the rest of the range Vegan. I AM SO EXCITED! :

You can purchase all the sweets from the following:

• Online from either our website below or eBay.
    • Asda still offers all our products but I do understand that you cannot find them via Asda website.
    • Sainsbury, they will be shortly relisting them.
    We will be making them vegan but this will not be in circulation for another 2 months.
    www.ftfsweets.com

Default Re: VEGAN Haribos - YAY!

I can't see which ones are sugar coated and which ones aren't - do you know which bags are okay?

I did discover these in Asda when I was veggie and bought loads of bags for my veggie boyfriend as he loves jelly sweets. Haven't looked at them since I've been vegan so I don't know which ones are without beeswax. That's great they'll all be vegan soon though!

Vegan ones are the cola breeze, sour tongues, sour delicious and mega sours. I am ashamed to confess my username comes from a total addiction to all sorts of sweeties!

Default Re: Vegan Haribos - YAY!

Asda also do own-brand fruit jelly sweets and American hard gums that are vegetarian and don't have any non-vegan ingredients listed.
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

Quote Sweetie View Post
    Vegan ones are the cola breeze, sour tongues, sour delicious and mega sours. I am ashamed to confess my username comes from a total addiction to all sorts of sweeties!
    I must say the sour delicious ones are pure heaven... along with the cherry flavoured ones in the mega sour mix... omg... i'm going to put on all that weight i lost at this rate... lol
    I went to ASDA today and the only Vegan ones they had were cola breeze and sour tongues... why oh why don't they stock them all!

Veganstore do them aswell. I got some a few weeks back, they really aren't very sour at all and mega-sour is a major over statement. Sour tongues are the best imho .

I'm disappointed. I thought they might stock them at some of the supermarkets on Brick Lane. I went to a couple of them today and they didn't have any. They did have a lot of halal sweets similar to Haribo but all of those contained beef gelatin. I don't have an Asda near me and the Sainsbury's I usually go to is pretty small so I doubt they'd stock them.

mariana > you know, I thought the same. I've even tried Islamic shops with no luck. Anyway I am waiting for ASDA's reply on which branches stock the entire range - that way I can stock up.

Quote hiddenfromview View Post
    mariana > you know, I thought the same. I've even tried Islamic shops with no luck. Anyway I am waiting for ASDA's reply on which branches stock the entire range - that way I can stock up.
    That's too bad. It sounds like they're a new product (), so maybe they just haven't gotten around to stocking them yet and will in the future. I guess I'll try Sainsbury's sometime.

Sounds good Il have to look out for them

Only got Waitrose near me doubt they have them

helen105281

My friend had them when I saw her at the Brighton Vegan Fayre and I think she had bought them at Asda. She lives in Woolwich so I think the Asda she uses is in Greenwich somewhere.
    Last edited by helen105281; Apr 22nd, 2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Can't type/spell

Quote mariana View Post
    That's too bad. It sounds like they're a new product (), so maybe they just haven't gotten around to stocking them yet and will in the future. I guess I'll try Sainsbury's sometime.
    No actually they are at least 2-3 years old. I've been Vegan for around 16 months now, and I used to eat them previous to that as a veg... I just think stockists are far and few between...unfortunately for us..

edit: Yep, they came onto the market in 2006
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-children.html

Just to chip in, Sainsbury's doa range of 'sweets' that are 3 bags for £1 and many of them are clearly labelled 'vegan' - including sour carpets and fizzy cola/strawberry lances! Mmm!
    "Slice it up and dig in.. let the funeral begin.."

Quote d0od View Post
    Just to chip in, Sainsbury's doa range of 'sweets' that are 3 bags for £1 and many of them are clearly labelled 'vegan' - including sour carpets and fizzy cola/strawberry lances! Mmm!
    Cheers for that will look out for them next time I do the shopping!

cobweb

sour carpets don't sound very appetising!

actually my dog might like them, she's always licking our carpet.