Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Vegans

Default Melbourne Vegans

Are there any more besides me here?

Have you made contact with Vegans Unite in Melbourne? Sounds like a really great day on Saturday 15 Jan: Chris Tanner's Virus with Julie O'Hara Summer Fun in the Parks - Fitzroy Gardens. Their url is http://www.vegansunite.org.au/melbourne/index.php
    Good luck
    Eve

Thanx Eve

I'm jealous - VVSQ puts on some good events here, but I would really love to be part of the vegan scene in Melbourne! So many restaurants, so few nights of the week . . .

Hi Banana, and anyone else living in Melbourne: There are just so many activities going on, some I have posted on the Vegan Voice website - just go to the following url and pgdn to VIC http://veganic.net/news.html

Also, Animal Lib Victoria has a very popular Easter Vegan Bus Tour lined up for Sunday 20 March 05, where everyone on the tour is vegan, and the bus takes you to a range of retail and grocery outlets in Melbourne, including companion animal supplies, foods, organic produce, books, aromatherapy etc. It costs $40 each with lunch and afternoon tea included. Meet at 9am sharp at the ALV office, 394 Russell St Melb (cnr Russell & Victoria Sts). Back home by 7pm. Limited seats so book early to Anna on 0416-375805 or send cash to ALV office, with name, address, ph no, number of persons. You lucky people!
    Eve

PS: Animal Lib Vic is the only vegan Animal Lib organisation in Asutralia. They are a great crowd that I'm sure you and your handsome partner will get on famously with, Banana.
    Eve

Thanx Eve! But I am not sure if I can go coz I might be in Sydney that week

ANIMAL RIGHTS TV
    Melbourne viewers are encouraged to tune in to Channel 31 at 9pm Monday 31 January to see the premiere episode of "Animals Matter" - Australia's first ever animal welfare and rights television show. With 10 episodes airing at 9pm on Monday nights, the first episode features segments on the Greyhound Adoption Program, sow stalls/Edgar Allen Pig, an interview with Prof. Peter Singer and a visit to Melbourne's infamous Vegetarian Orgasm. Several members of ALV will also be taking part in a discussion panel on the show. For further information please visit the website http://www.animalsmatter.com.au/ and for assistance tuning in to Channel 31, please visit http://www.c31.org.au/
    Eve

You Melbourne vegans are so lucky - I was just checking Vegans Unite website, and saw all the great events. The url is http://www.vegansunite.org.au/melbourne/index.php
    Eve

*Melbourne Vegan pops head in, makes point that there are thousands of us, leaves...*

Smile Melbourne vegan events from vnv

MARCH - SOCIAL DINNER - ENLIGHTENED CUISINE
    at the Enlightened Cuisine Vegetarian Restaurant on Saturday, 5 March at 7.30pm. 113 Queensbridge Street, Southbank, Melbourne: Asian style food, and vegan friendly. So bring a friend or come alone. Booking under 'VNV'. Don't miss out! RSVP Sandy at vegans@optusnet.com.au or 0402 253 979 ASAP.

MARCH - LABOUR DAY WEEKEND AWAY - CONTINENTAL HOUSE
    Place: Continental House Vegetarian Guesthouse. Date: 12-14 March (Labour Day long weekend) Address: 9 Lone Pine Avenue, Hepburn Springs, Victoria
    Spend the long weekend with fellow vegetarians and vegans at this vegan guest house near the famous springs area. If you can't make the whole weekend you are still welcome to join in on part of it. Basic accommodation is provided with communal toilets and showers, BYO linen. Cost $25 per person per night in a twin or dorm room and $35 per person per night in a single room. The famous Continental 3 course vegan banquet is on Saturday night at a cost of $25. Optional activities (depending on demand) include yoga, vegan food preparation course, workshops and discussions, historic train ride, walks, or do your own thing and veg out and explore the surrounding area. Please book accommodation and banquet direct with Continental Guest House ASAP on 03 5348 2005. For enquiries/information and to advise of your attendance contact Belinda on 03 9809 2291 or belinda_stopar@hotmail.com.

EASTER VEGAN BUS TOUR Organised by Animal Liberation Victoria and Vegetarian Network Victoria Sunday, 20 March 2005 $40 per person
    Lunch and Afternoon Tea included

Tour a range of exciting retail and grocery outlets in Melbourne, including
    special supplier discounts on any purchases made during the day. Sit
    back, relax and share the company of enlightened kindred spirits on a five
    star air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and on-board toilet facilities.
    Plenty of below deck luggage space is provided for your shopping bags and
    cooler boxes.

Gathering at 9am sharp at the ALV Office, 394 Russell Street, Melbourne (cnr of Russell and Victoria Streets). Plenty of parking available nearby, short walk from Melbourne Central. Finishing at 7pm.
    To book, send full payment of $40 per person (cheque or money order) to
    the ALV office at the address above. Please include your Name, Address,
    Phone Number, email Address and the Number of People.

Seats are filling, so book soon to avoid disappointment. Enquiries to Anna: 0416 375 805. Refer to www.org.au/BusTour.htm.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Eve

PS: For further info on the above, plus plenty more, do check out the website at http://www.vnv.org.au/ - my favourite site on the internet.
    Eve

Default Re: Melbourne Vegans

The Australian Assn for Humane Research Inc (AAHR) has moved to Melbourne. They are having an open day on Friday 22 Apr at the office Suite 234 (south building), Toorak Corporate Cntr, 29 Milton Pde, Malvern. Easily accessible via the Monash Freeway, turn off at Toorak Rd exit. Or just a 300 metre walk from Tooronga train stn.

All you Melbournites are welcome to share a drink and nibblies.

But for Sydneyites, Vegans Unite has a Social Event (NSW) - their second Vegans Unite gathering on Thursday 28 April 2005, it will be in two parts and you are welcome to attend either or both.

Part one will be a screening of the documentary ‘Peaceable Kingdom’ which explores three different aspects of the human-animal relationships. The documentary will be shown in the Animal Lib NSW office and will be followed by dinner at Pitt Street Vegetarian restaurant. To RSVP or for further information please contact Dan Archer on sydney@vegansunite.org.au or 0404 051 223 - In either city, have fun!
    Eve

Melbournites - The Victorian duck shooting season continues despite numerous protests and against the wishes of the majority of Victorians. People are needed to protest and help rescue wounded birds every weekend. If you would like to volunteer for Duck Rescue contact Laurie Levy on info@duck.org.au or Dave Evans on 0438 132 730.
    Eve

MAY - ROLLER SKATING at the Roller City Bayswater, on Saturday, 28 May at 7.15pm
    Address: 37 Scoresby Road, Bayswater, meet at Foyer
    Details: Roller Disco from 7.30pm-10.00pm. Cost is $7.00 (if we have a minimum of 10 people otherwise $8.00) including roller skate hire or $2 extra for roller blades, you can bring your own skates (price still same) or blades (save on $2). Please have exact change. Venue Website is www.rollercity.com.au - their phone number 03 9720 5980. Dress in layers as you will probably get hot whizzing around the roller dome.
    RSVP to Belinda at belinda_stopar@hotmail.com or 03 9809 2291, before Mon, 23 May
    ====
    JUNE SOCIAL DINNER at LENTIL AS ANYTHING, The Spot Bar & Bandroom on Sat 11 Jun at 133 Sydney Road, Brunswick (03 9388 0222). 7.30pm RSVP to Sandy by Friday, 3 Jun on 0402 253 979 or vegans@optusnet.com.au
    Details: Lentil as Anything is based on a pay as you feel philosophy. We rely on the generosity and honesty of our customers for our survival. We serve organic vegetarian and vegan cuisine, made with love and awareness, fresh every day and our food has a very global feel, infused with India, Sri Lanka, Asia, Morocco and imagination. Come in for your very own lentil experience! The bar is licensed to serve alcohol from noon to 3am. All welcome, so come alone or bring a friend. Booking under VNV.

Everyone is welcome to attend our relaxed and informal social events, whether vegetarian, vegan, or non-vegetarian! We would love to see you! For details on other upcoming events please go to www.vnv.org.au/SocialEvents.htm.
    Eve

RODEO PROTEST Animal Liberation protesters disrupted the International Rodeo held at Melbourne's Rod Laver arena on April 16. During the day protesters staged a cheeky naked protest wearing signs reading 'Nobody likes an 8 second ride' and 'Buck the rodeo.' Later that night ALV protesters jumped into the centre of Rod Laver arena and held up signs reading 'Rodeo Cruelty' and 'Bloodsport.' The actions received great coverage for the animals on the nightly news and in the major daily newspapers (http://tinyurl.com/8t8y2). Rodeos are cruel blood sports. Bulls and horses are tormented before they are turned out into the arena, strapped and spurred and jabbed with an electric prod, to make them buck. The animals often suffer serious injuries including broken backs and legs. To see more photos from the actions please visit: www.openrescue.org/rodeo.html

Hi, I am in Victoria, not far from Melbourne. I have a two year old child and am particularly interested in chatting to other vegan parents.

cross barer

Free Vegan food this saturday 1 PM outside 31 Swanston St Melbourne!
    Come and join ALV's 100th demonstration outside the Melbourne KFC resteraunt and enjoy some cruelty free chicken from Vincents Vegetarian courtesy of Animal Liberation Victoria. This will be a friendly demonstration giving non-vegan members of the general public the opportunity to sample delicious vegan food. But we'll give it to vegans as well!!!!!

Vegetarian Network Victoria Social Dinner (VIC) : The next VNV social dinner will be held at 7.30pm on the 16th of July at the Red Door Deli, 454 Nicholson St, North Fitzroy. The Red Door Deli offers home style cooking with almost all dishes having a vegan option and their doughs, sauces and bases are dairy and egg free. Stay warm by their open fireplace. All are welcome, so come along and meet fellow vegans and vegetarians. RSVP to Sandy on 0402-253-979 or vegans@optusnet.com.au
    Eve

And for those who can't find a decent restaurant and are feeling creative:

Vegan Chef Anna is once again holding her popular cooking classes. The next class will take place on Sunday, July 24 from 12 noon - 3pm. Class participants will spend the time having fun in the kitchen with hands on vegan cooking, and be able to eat their delicious creations afterwards. A percentage of the proceeds will go to ALV's Go Veg campaign. For further details and bookings phone Anna on 0416 375 805.
    Eve

cross barer

White Lotus has closed unti late July. If you get the hankering, go to Enlightened Cuisine in South Melbourne... which is a nicer place although the food, while delicious; is not better.

And if you're interested in things Indian, ALV will be having a stall at the Namaste India festival this Saturday July 16 and Sunday July 17 (10am -5pm each day) at the Dallas Brooks Centre (300 Albert Street, East Melbourne. Admission is $5). The festival features folk dances, mahendi (henna design), fashion and much more, as well as ALV's cruelty free stall.
    Eve

Spanx Eve

Me!

I never realised how lucky we are until I researched all the FAB places to eat and buy and look around here.

It's friggin' fantastic. I love my Melbourne.

cross barer

Vegie O half price nites are still on wednesday and sunday, but while they say they have them on tuesday they are not to be trusted!!!
    I have been there twice on tuesdays this month and they have been shut. The first time a sign said for two weeks, then last tuesday a different sign said every tuesday in august... so be warned!
    I love pronto brontos but thats twice this month I've ended up there with a few friends when we wanted a proper restaurant meal and we could have just gone to white lotus had we known the bloody O was going to let us down.

Can i ask you guys a question? This is probably the wrong thread but this is Melb. related..

Do any of you know a beautician who uses vegan wax? I'd like to get my eyebrows done but I can't seem to find anything online in the Melb. area.

and also, are there any shops around that sell vegan candles. I'd prefer not to order online.

cross barer

Check out vegetarian network I seem to remember info on a beautician in Footscray who used vegan products.

cross barer

Went to White Lotus for dinner tonight. Yum squared.

I did look there but I can't seem to find anything thanks for the help though.

By the luckiest coincidence I found vegan candles today. This chain store called 'le desire' sells all kinds of palm oil and soy candles (paraffin free) and I had a ball picking some out.

The woman said the shop was in Northland, Chadstone and The Pines...(possibly Geelong too)

BATS ABOUT MELBOURNE BAT ECO-TOUR
    Place: On the Batty Bus bound for the Yarra River!
    Date: Saturday, 10 September 05
    Address: Pick up at Hilton On The Park, 192 Wellington Parade East, Melbourne
    Time: Meet at 4.45pm for 5pm departure (should be returning approx. 8pm)
    Cost: VNV special rate $20 (save $15!)
    RSVP: Must book due to limited numbers. Phone Belinda on 0500 834 437 (local call cost from within Melbourne metro area) Spaces still available.
    Details: This is a unique wildlife experience. Come aboard the Batty Bus and see Melbourne's fascinating, wild, grey-headed flying fox colony. Learn about these beautiful bats, their ecological role, threats to their survival and their amazing behaviours. See a stunning night view of the city and you may experience 20,000 bats wake and fly out. Bring binoculars, walking shoes, torch and waterproof jacket or
    umbrella if wet. Please note: no flash photography allowed.
    More info: www.batsaboutmelbourne.com
    (you lucky Melburnians)
    Eve

Quote adam antichrist
    Went to White Lotus for dinner tonight. Yum squared.
    Really? I've only been there once, and I thought the food was woeful. I live 5 minutes walk from there, yet have never even thought about returning. Maybe I went on a really dodge night?

LittleNellColumbia

Default Melbourne accomodation

Hey there, I wanna take a holly to Melbourne Next year on my own, and i was wondering if anyone knew anywhere i could stay which is cheap, has good facilities and is vegan-friendly? I just wanna get out of SA for a bit and I love Melbourne soo much (or anywhere near, like St Kilda accomaodation?)

Much love from your friend,
    Happycow

Hi everyone, i am new here. I was wondering if there is anywhere to swap/barter/sell vegan related clothing items, online or offline in Melbourne? If it's ok to post stuff like that here, please let me know. Basically i have 3 pairs of Veganwares boots that i'd like to sell that i've grown out of.

Default Re: Melbourne accomodation

Quote happycow
    Hey there, I wanna take a holly to Melbourne Next year on my own, and i was wondering if anyone knew anywhere i could stay which is cheap, has good facilities and is vegan-friendly? I just wanna get out of SA for a bit and I love Melbourne soo much (or anywhere near, like St Kilda accomaodation?)

Much love from your friend,
    Happycow
    If I actually end up going to University of Melbourne from July - November ::fingers crossed:: you can always stay w. me dear and that would be free.
    All I have to do now is get in to the program there
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Default Re: Melbourne accomodation

The Cruelty Free Lifestyle Expo is on at the Prahran Town Hall (Cnr Greville & Chapel Sts, Melways: Map 2L H11 on Sunday 23 October 10am to 5pm. Plenty of parking on Chapel Street or behind Coles off Cecil & Anchor Sts.

It's an all-vegan expo with food, cosmetics, household products, live music, workshop, cooking demos, literature, massage, wine beer, a delic lunch, Devonshire tea. Great raffle prizes and plenty of activities for kids. Entry is $10 for adults that includes a value packed show bag while stocks last, and free entry for children.

You lucky Melbournians.
    Eve

*squee* We have a pamphlet for that stuck on our fridge. I am hoping to go, depending on whether I'm prepared for my exam the next week.

I'll be there with bells on

and world vegan day

ding ding ding

cross barer

I got the volunteers roster today. I've got all the crap jobs.

I am going to be in Sydney that weekend - but I get back just after noon, so maybe I can stop by, and get lunch there after the airport

I'll be there with partner and 3 y o terror. You'll know me, I'll be the one flying around chasing the terror and making idol threats to try and keep him in line . God, I hope they have lots of kids activites so I can actually look at some of the stuff Perhaps chasing after a 3 y o could be one of the crap jobs for a volunteer tee hee
    Last edited by treehugga; Oct 11th, 2005 at 01:07 PM. Reason: addition

Mmmm... was in Melbourne this weekend gone. Wish I could be there for the Vegan Day fest and CFL expo... There were posters up EVERYWHERE for them! Great to see some pro-activity!

Decided I could never live in that city however, as would most likely become morbidly obese within a few days. Could Fitzroy be a Vegan heaven?

I'm now on a post-melbourne diet. Damn, that Pronto Bronto tempeh burger is gooo-oood!

ding ding ding

that's me there with bells on

World Vegan Day Event, Melbourne:

World Vegan Day celebrations in Melbourne will be held on the 30 October at the Pit Buildings in Albert Park, Melbourne and run from 10am till 5pm. Highlights this year include a free yoga class, kids activities, music, and of course a great variety of stalls (including the Cruelty Free Shop!), a vegan BBQ and a fantastic raffle! Entry is free, so bring along your friends and family and show them all the positive benefits of a healthy vegan lifestyle. Visit www.worldveganday.org.au for more information.
    Eve

cross barer

here's an article from todays The Age newspaper about this weekends cruelty free lifestyle expo. This is a three page article, however since it probably requires a password I'll post the whole thing. Vegan voice gets a mention too!

Dining with compassion
    October 20, 2005

People are being urged to be more thoughtful about animal cruelty when choosing what to eat, writes Jill Stark.

Twenty-five years after Anna Mumford got a job in a slaughterhouse, it's not the smell or the blood that she remembers. It's the fear. She's haunted by the look in the eyes of petrified cows being herded into sheds to be shot in the head.

It's an image that changed her life. Overnight she stopped eating meat, and soon after became a strict vegan, masticating nothing derived from animals and using no animal-based products.

Mumford's story is typical of many who choose to adopt a vegan or vegetarian life-style. It could be described as a "lightbulb" moment - a defining event from which there is no turning back.

Mumford grew up in a typical English farming community and was an unquestioning meat-eater when she made the change. For her it was a simple choice to live cruelty-free, but it didn't seem enough. She wanted to arm the public with information on animal cruelty in the hope that light-bulbs might go on all over the world.

As the organiser of Australia's only Cruelty Free Lifestyle Expo, she's achieved much in the way of raising awareness. Thousands have attended the event since its inception three years ago, and each year more businesses with a vegan or vegetarian ethos have jumped on board with workshops and sponsorship.

Mumford, who is a member of the expo's two main sponsors, Choose Cruelty Free and Animal Liberation Victoria, believes the event is an invaluable tool for those who already follow a plant-based diet, as well as those looking to change to a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle. It's also, she says, a chance to "gently" show people why a vegan diet is the only way to live a truly cruelty-free life.

"This is an expo about how to help yourself, the animals and the environment. If we eat better and live better, we're going to feel better," Mumford says. "We're saying, help yourself by looking at the alternatives, then you can help the animals by being aware about all the products that are tested on them, and all the foods that contain animal products.

"Something like gelatine, for example - people don't realise that it's ground-up bones and tendons. It's in so much. It's in biscuits, it's in confectionery.

When people want to go vegan, it's overwhelming if you think there's not only the food to think about, but the clothes and household products, cosmetics, toiletries. "People don't know where to start and they become paralysed. We want people to be informed, because the majority of people are compassionate. They have a conscience, and that will take them where they want to go."

Mumford, a mother of four from Wantirna South (her children and husband are vegans) is fiercely passionate about the issue and maintains that the "logical conclusion" to a cruelty-free lifestyle is becoming a vegan. She reserves her harshest criticism for animal husbandry, but she believes even vegetarian food can reach our table through cruel practices.

"You might think, ‘Oh, eggs are fine', but what about battery cages where the poor bird can't even stretch, and there's three to a cage and they peck each other and have no means of getting out so they're stressed. With free-range you still have to kill the male chicks, because they're no good for the egg producing.

"On a larger scale you've got a company like KFC who now want to get their chickens ready much quicker, so they're giving them special g r o w t h - promoting hormones, and they're b u i l d i n g them up with certain foods so that when they're six weeks old they're the size and weight of a three-month-old, but they can't stand up because their bones are too weak. So their bones are broken, they're deformed, and these are the chickens that are being sold for people to eat.

Like born-again Christians who want to spread the word after they've been "saved", there's a risk that Mumford and her peers could alienate the public they're trying to reach. It's a pitfall she's all too aware of, but insists that no holier-than-thou preaching or shock tactics are being employed in conveying the cruelty-free message.

"I'm not telling people what to do. We believe that the more information someone has, the better their ability to make a decision. They might think they'd like to stop eating meat, but they don't know what to eat, so they just go and buy the meat again.

"There are so many shops full of vegan products. If you want to have a mock schnitzel or mock nuggets or you've got meat-eating friends coming around, serve them that; they'll barely know the difference. It's got that fibrous texture, but it's all made from soy. If you arm people with the knowledge, they can think, ‘Hey, I don't have to have that'.

In Melbourne, a city that's embraced the soy latte, there's no shortage of vegan and vegetarian outlets. Few suburbs are without options for those following a plant-based diet, but Smith Street in Collingwood is perhaps one of the most vegan-friendly shopping strips. Pronto Brontos serves a vegetarian fast-food feast of burgers, schnitzels and nuggets, the Las Vegan Bakery offers six kinds of vegan cakes and 10 vegan muffins, and Feast On Vegan is a fish-and-chip shop with a difference.

Mumford recently organised a Vegan "shopping" tour of Melbourne that took day-trippers to 30 vegan and vegetarian outlets in the city.

The proliferation of veggie businesses in Melbourne is a result of simple economics: the market supplying what the consumer wants. Sienna Blake, the editor of national magazine Vegan Voice, says world events and growing levels of sickness are prompting a trend towards veganism.

"It seems we're really on the cusp of something at the moment," Blake says. "The news is appalling with bird flu and everything that's happening with global warming, and people are slowly starting to see the cost of the massive destruction we're causing to the earth.

"We don't have time to sit back and wonder what we're going to do about it. Heart disease, cancer and the obesity epidemic are all linked to a meat-based diet. As people get sicker and fatter, the information about a plant-based diet will gradually get out there."

The popular belief that humans require meat in their diets to remain healthy is, Blake maintains, a misconception fuelled by those with vested interests. "Our diets are not lacking from anything animal-based - we're suffering from excess. We've been led to believe that as soon as someone says the word ‘protein' we think meat, and it's simply not true.

"But we're up against groups like the meat and dairy industry with massive amounts of money and huge subsidies," Blake says.

Visitors to the expo will receive advice and information not only on changing to a cruelty-free diet, but on how to apply the principle to other aspects of their lives. Consumers may be unaware that many household products, cosmetics, clothing or medicines have involved some degree of animal cruelty before arriving on shelves.

Bringing ethical and scientific arguments against the use of animals in research to the public's attention is the aim of the Australian Association for Humane Research. Its CEO Helen Rosser says there's now greater awareness about animal testing, but that hasn't put an end to the practice.

"The public are generally of the view that animal research is a necessary evil, because pro-vivisectionists use the emotive argument of choosing between your child and the dog, but this is a totally invalid argument," Rosser says.

In a world with ever-increasing demands on our time, it could be argued that it's just too difficult to read every label and seek out cruelty-free products. But Sandy Anderson, who started her own business, Veganpet, creating vegan-friendly food for cats and dogs, believes that the more the public's conscience is pricked, the more products like hers will flood the mainstream market.

"We could all consume a lot less meat and we could all take a damn good look at how we are killing and what we're doing," Anderson says. "People are really looking around and looking at their own food and what's in it. They're opting for organic or natural food, and I can see a big future for vegan products.

"You need the bigger companies to come on board, and at the moment it's not financially viable for them. The bottom line for them is always going to be the dollar. As public attitudes change, it will push the big companies into looking at themselves."

The Cruelty Free Lifestyle Expo is at Prahran Town Hall on Sunday from 10am to 5pm. Details: www.livecrueltyfree.org

Thank you so much for that adam a.
    Eve

SOCIAL DINNER - SOULMAMA
    Place: Soulmama (www.soulmama.com.au)
    Date: Saturday, 19 November
    Address: 10-18 Jacka Boulevard, St Kilda Sea Baths, St Kilda 03 9525 3338
    Time: 7.30pm
    RSVP: RSVP to Sandy by Friday, 11 November on 0402 253 979
    or vegans@optusnet.com.au
    Details: Amazing sea views, fireplace, bay beds, additional bar, live music on w/ends, Global vegetarian cuisine served. Some organic wines, vegan, wheat/gluten free etc. diets catered for. All welcome, so come alone or bring a friend.

Booking under VNV (Vegetarian Network Victoria) Promoting a healthy and compassionate lifestyle. GPO Box 2633, Melbourne, Victoria 3001.
    Telephone: 0500-VEGIES (0500-834437) email: info@vnv.org.au (www.vnv.org.au)
    Eve

cross barer

cool!!!!!!!

thats the weekend after my last exam.

What a way to celebrate!

Enjoy yourself, and all the best, adam, for your exams.
    Eve

cross barer

Quote eve
    Enjoy yourself, and all the best, adam, for your exams.
    Thanks. I've unplugged the TV, now if I can just stay off the forums I'll get some study done (or scrub the bathroom ceiling...again... )