Thread: Caffeine

puca

Default Caffeine

Ok...

I don't think it's doing me good... Ain't compatible with my chemistry... leaves me grouchy.

However, it just about kicks my brain in to gear in the morning at work (just I dip later).

I wanna get rid of caffeine. Any advice ona replacer?

Default Re: Caffeine

You want a different drug to take before work? I hear cocaine is quite stimulating, it's very moreish though.

How about fresh fruit juice? Completely natural and should raise your sugar level giving you energy.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote puca View Post
    Ok...

I don't think it's doing me good... Ain't compatible with my chemistry... leaves me grouchy.

However, it just about kicks my brain in to gear in the morning at work (just I dip later).

I wanna get rid of caffeine. Any advice ona replacer?
    I feel your pain on this one - caffeine totally messes me up, too. Keep telling myself I'll quit, but then the scent of fresh grounds at work every morning is a real temptation, or strolling past the fridge it's easy to just grab a can for a quick boost. Trying really hard to grab the juices instead. DiaShel is right, it does work but just takes a tad longer to kick in, IME. If you find them too strong try adding a little cold water to concentrated juices to make them easier to handle in the morning.

gutts

Are you a coffee or a tea person? I've switched to decaffeinated Earl Grey tea. Maybe you won't need so much of a pick-me-up once you've stopped having caffeine?

Quote Risker View Post
    You want a different drug to take before work? I hear cocaine is quite stimulating, it's very moreish though.
    Hmm. I'm more partial to meth. Check out my teeth! *wide smile*
    Peace, love, and happiness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Su...th09-19-05.jpg Mmm. meth mouth.

WARNING: it's best not to click on the above link if you have any phobias relating to teeth or dentists etc.

In all seriousness, I'm of no help Puca. Sorry for kinda hijacking this thread.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Quote Enchantress View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Su...th09-19-05.jpg Mmm. meth mouth.

WARNING: it's beat not to click on the above link if you have any phobias relating to teeth or dentists etc.
    Urgh, I didn't, but I do know
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Sorry .

rainleaf

Ok, here are my experience of coffee. I love the high, the one you get the first 45 mn. After that, i feel like shit. Like a a computer/robot.... skaking hands, and beleive or not, there is another side effect: my teeth hurt...(i have super sensitive teeth) coffee is very bad for teeth....trust me.
    coffee, makes you perform repetitive tasks, makes you work like a robot, without using your creativity at all. I have totally stopped drinking coffee. Green tea is really good (stronger high than black tea), but not so good for your stomack the
    morning, unless you eat quite a lot at breakfast.
    Juices can give you really great energy boosts. All you need is to sensitize your body, and as a vegan, you usually are more sensitive than others. BUt coffee/coffeine is really a drug. I love variety, and there is so much snack, teas, fruits that can give you an energy boost... Try it!

I'm trying to give up the caffeine at the moment. I did it before, and sort of slunk back into it.

Anyone got any tips?
    Quitting something because it's hard is wrong, and quitting something because it's wrong is hard. One takes cowardice, the other bravery.

phact0rri

I drink Yerba Mate in the mornings. It helps, and I don't have the crash. I rarely have any other caffeine anymore. Cause it makes me feel so lousy.

I sould cut down on caffine, a friend offered me a caffinated energy drink saying "you can feel the caffine in that". I drunk some and couldn't tell any difference.

I'm gonna stick to tea at home rather than coffee. Don't think I could live without tea though.

Quote Ms_Derious View Post
    I'm trying to give up the caffeine at the moment. I did it before, and sort of slunk back into it.

Anyone got any tips?
    I've given up coffee/ caffeine quite a few times and had the best luck with yerba mate, black tea, other teas, and teecino. Teeccino tastes almost like coffee!

You can also start mixing decaf with caffeinated coffee/ tea and gradually increase the ratio of decaf until you're adjusted to decaf.
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

I very rarely have caffeine these days because my body doesn't like it at all.

It does physcially keep me awake (the only time i even contemplate drinking redbull is when driving long distances at night), but it generally has the opposite effect of making me feel more awake - instead I quite often feel more tired, headachy etc.

I've wanted an espresso machine for years, but don't want to drink enough coffee to warrant the price, as whilst I like espresso I think my body would hate me.

I've found that eating a proper breakfast in the morning is the best way to start the day. Plus getting up earlier and enjoying a bit of it instead of just rushing to get ready for work.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

I've tried to detox myself from caffeine in the past. I had a very high tolerance to it and if I didn't have any, by mid afternoon I'd get a raging headache. I was at the point where I was "chain-drinking" black tea, leaving the bag in so it would be as strong as possible. I've since switched to decaf black tea and drink more white and green teas which are lower in caffeine. I also like yerba mate and the coffee substitute drinks. If I do have coffee it's usually decaf but I'll occasionally splurge and have the real thing. I realized that I could live without caffeine, I just don't want to.

Ok, bizarre question- does anyone know if Coco Pops contain caffeine, in the chocolate?
    Cos if they don't then they contan waaaaayyy too much sugar. I had a big bowl this morning, and by lunchtime my hands were a bit shaky, and my head was funny (my usual reaction to caffeine).

I expect so as Coco contains caffeine. However, I'm just guessing at this point.
    Quitting something because it's hard is wrong, and quitting something because it's wrong is hard. One takes cowardice, the other bravery.