Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Breathatarinism

Zero

Default Re: Breathatarinism

Okay, if any of them are truly living purely on air, why are they so unwilling to actually prove it?

JC

Maybe they don't feel that they have to justify themselves. It's clearly a personal thing that they aren't pushing onto anyone else. There's no need for other people to understand and if it's not the lifestyle for them, then they don't have to understand, right?

Zero

Then why advocate it for others so strongly and sell books if it is simply such a personal thing?

JC

You've got me there, Zero
    Maybe these ones are just bad eggs!

If they can not prove it, they should not attempt to get others to do it as well.

Also - proving the existence of spirits would grant them immortal fame, as this is a feat not ever accomplished before. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Until tangible evidence for the validity of this life-style can be procured, they will be mocked. Simple as that.
    "Neptunus, you've finally gone mental." ~ Stu

Mahk

Conning people to kill themselves was just the start. Now we have get rich quick con-artists looking to just find one or two gullible marks.

Breatharian.com

$10,000 US dollars per mark; not bad for only having to get the rights to "www.breatharian.com". Unfortunately bringing these people to justice, especially when they hide behind the veil of being a "church" as they often do, is very difficult in the US.

Pilaf

This is exactly like AA - a bullshit pseudo religion with no statistics to back up its claims whatsoever.

Quote Pilaf View Post
    This is exactly like AA - a bullshit pseudo religion with no statistics to back up its claims whatsoever.
    What's AA?
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

^ Alcoholics Anonymous I'm assuming? (Is that just an American thing?) Well, one of the steps is acknowledging that there is a higher power.

Zero

^ please explain further. I don't quite follow where you are going.

Oh uh I was just saying what I think Pilaf meant. AA is a program that alcoholics use to get sober. It's a support group. It has steps for recovery. One of them (the first I think, but don't hold me to it) is that you acknowledge that there is a higher power (something to do with control or something). I think that's what Pilaf was getting as (please correct me if I'm wrong) that AA has a religious undertone. I know some people that won't do AA because they are atheists.

So did that help? I was just answering a question. I don't necessarily agree or disagree.

Zero

Ah I see, I just didn't get where you were going with the whole "higher power" thing.... I didn't realize AA programs incorporated religious beliefs, how disempowering for those in need of help!

Thanks for the clarification

Yeah no problem.

leedsveg

Quote Mahk View Post
    Conning people to kill themselves was just the start. Now we have get rich quick con-artists looking to just find one or two gullible marks.

Breatharian.com

$10,000 US dollars per mark; not bad for only having to get the rights to "www.breatharian.com". Unfortunately bringing these people to justice, especially when they hide behind the veil of being a "church" as they often do, is very difficult in the US.

Anybody going over to the States to enrol on one of Wiley Brooks' breatharian courses would surely come back with enough material for a book. My suggestion for its title would be "Gullible's Travels".

I'll get my coat....

leedsveg

^

I'm confused. Do they claim you can/should live on air? I've just looked at the link and it says you should meditate while eating a big mac and drinking a diet coke.

?????????

They claim that you can just live off air and sunlight. I don't know about the big mac. Something about eating for pleasure rather than necessity.

leedsveg

Breatharian calls over the waiter and says " I specifically asked for an empty bowl but what do I find, there's a soup in my air!"

...I'll get my coat...

leedsveg