Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Let's get fit and healthy together (2)

Default Re: Let's get fit and healthy together (2)

O nice an exercise thread well for exercise I mainly cycle on my fixed gear bike 3 days a week. I also love to swim when i can. Ugh its been raining so much here recently that i have not been able to do much of either. Id also like to do some Yoga but im a bit nervous and not really sure where to take it since i dont belong to a gym anymore. I'm kinda affraid ill be the only guy in the class or something haha. Also ive never done yoga so ill look like a newbie lol.

BlackCats

^ I am nervous about going to a yoga class too.

Quote DiaShel View Post
    Oh shoot. Mine is just good. I want to be athlete!! (I'll settle for excellent though...)
    Maybe measure it a few times and see if it changes? The first time I measured mine I had been drinking wine (86) and the second time I had a hangover (72).

I did 20 minutes on my trampoline today and I just measured my heart rate again and it was only 60 this time.

I'm going for a 40 minute walk now. A brisk walk, not my usual dawdling along.

helen105281

Quote brad3104 View Post
    O nice an exercise thread well for exercise I mainly cycle on my fixed gear bike 3 days a week. I also love to swim when i can. Ugh its been raining so much here recently that i have not been able to do much of either. Id also like to do some Yoga but im a bit nervous and not really sure where to take it since i dont belong to a gym anymore. I'm kinda affraid ill be the only guy in the class or something haha. Also ive never done yoga so ill look like a newbie lol.
    There was at least one man in my yoga class when I went and more when Buddha Belly went too. Have stopped going now because of stuff going on with me but it was a wonderful class and I hope to go back at some point.

On Sunday I did 45 mins of leg work/aerobics, on Wednesday I did 45 mins of dance
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

I love exercise. I usually swim twice per week (one distance session of approximately 1.5 miles, plus one interval session which totals about 1 mile) and run two or three times per week (one long distance run 10-14 miles, one middle distance run of 6-9 miles, and one interval session of 4-6 miles) and I have just started going to a weekly Pilates class too. I also have a very energetic dog who loves her long walks!

I feel I have good endurance/stamina but my strength is not great and my flexibility is terrible. I can't even touch my toes. I am hoping Pilates will help with this. I can do the sit ups and stuff but I find the balance work and stretches really difficult. I am definitely the worst in the class!!
    "Only after the last tree has been cut down,the last fish caught [and] the last river poisoned;only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

Have just been to my second yoga class.
    It's a bit strange, as the teacher doesn't model everything, and there are only 3 or 4 in the class, but I feel like I've had a good workout and it's only £2 for an hour and a quarter.
    Will be trying a different class on Tuesday, just for comparison.
    So am definitely making an effort this new year!

they teacher should model everything...thats kind of weird....its good that your class is so small though!
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

Looks like nobody convinced her to adopt infirmity cedarblue!
    Problematic is waking someone whom pretends to sleep.