Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get fit and healthy together (2)

Talking Let's get fit and healthy together (2)

Quote DiaShel View Post
    I did good today. Eat healthy and did the spin class. However, after I was done with spin I felt so sick! Maybe because it was warm but the room was air conditioned. I'll blame it on dehydration as always!
    I've had that feeling before and I think it was due to lack of water

Quote DiaShel View Post
    I am kicking butt! I've stuck to my diet over a week, been working out regularly and lost 2 pounds. Just a few more weeks of this and I should be back on tract.
    That is fantastic!! Go DiaShel! Send some of your enthusiasm my way
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

Default Re: Let's get fit and healthy together

Quote Kitteh View Post

That is fantastic!! Go DiaShel! Send some of your enthusiasm my way
    YEAH Kitteh!! You can do it!!
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Sorry if you've already mentioned this DiaShel, but what is the diet you are following?
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Basically I'm eating about 1500 calories a day, mostly fruit. This is want I eat typically:
    Smoothie, very big fruit salad, luna bar, apple with almond butter, banana and kiwi. So 5 mini-meals I guess you could say. Trying to work out 5Xs a week.
    I weighed myself again today and lost another 2 pounds (since Monday?)! Probably too quick but I'm just so excited it's finally working! Half way there!
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

I'm proud of myself too. going to the gym 3 times a week without fail. doing 1 hr cardio and about 30 mins on weights. i've lost 4lbs and i've got one of those scales that gives you other measurements and it says i've lost 2lbs body fat and my mucle mass has gone up 1.5lbs too. so i've lost fat and replaced it with muscle which apparently is heavier than fat so i may have really lost more than 4lbs.
    i've also measured my hips and lost 1.25inches!! since april 13th I am SOOOO pleased. hope i can stay motivated

Well done everyone...keep it up!

Quote DiaShel View Post
    YEAH Kitteh!! You can do it!!
    I did 35 mins on the bike this morning, better than nothing!!!!!

And go you on releasing a few more lbs!

Excellent Kitteh!

I did my last spinnnig class yesterday. It was very sad. Those body wise classes were a such a big part of my life for 3 years and now they for my semester and it's my last one... guess I'm stuck with working out solo, boo!

BlackCats

Everyone is doing really well.

I was just in a pissed off mood so I did 45 minutes on my trampoline and it made me feel much better, it got rid of a lot of negative energy.

I also ordered some Hoodia today. It is supposed to prevent food cravings and curbs your appetite (apparently!) I thought it was worth a try anyway. Has anyone else tried it?

cobweb

i tried it but didn't get on with it, but i seem to have weird side effects with just about everything so i'm sure you'll be ok, BC. Hope it does the trick for you .

I just can't stop eating today. I keep craving tofu and broccoli, maybe i am low in calcium or something . Anyway, i've had a load of it today, plus a ton of other stuff including mountains of bread. If i eat less i get more anxious and feel weird so sometimes i just have to eat, eat, eat!!!

Quote DiaShel View Post
    Excellent Kitteh!

I did my last spinnnig class yesterday. It was very sad. Those body wise classes were a such a big part of my life for 3 years and now they for my semester and it's my last one... guess I'm stuck with working out solo, boo!
    Why can't you do the spin classes anymore, are they no longer offering them? And I did 45 mins on the bike this morning.

^ They are done for the semester, they start again in June but I'll be gone.

Ooh that's a shame Can you find a gym that offers a similar class? I hope you find something else!

BlackCats

Quote cobweb View Post
    i tried it but didn't get on with it, but i seem to have weird side effects with just about everything so i'm sure you'll be ok, BC. Hope it does the trick for you .
    I always have side effects to things too. Did the tablets make you feel sick or dizzy or something?

Quote Kitteh View Post
    Ooh that's a shame Can you find a gym that offers a similar class? I hope you find something else!
    I don't want to pay I think I'm going to be doing a half marathon so that should keep me busy and is free. I just find running kind of boring.

cobweb

Quote BlackCats View Post
    I always have side effects to things too. Did the tablets make you feel sick or dizzy or something?

a bit sick - but some people say it elevates mood and is a bit of an aphrodisiac so give it a try, BC!

Default Re: Let's get fit and healthy together (2)

Be careful BC! I just don't trust stuff like that...

Quote DiaShel View Post
    I don't want to pay I think I'm going to be doing a half marathon so that should keep me busy and is free. I just find running kind of boring.
    Well that sounds good, I agree, walking/running can be boring. Maybe change up the location or listen to music you like?

BlackCats

Good luck on the half marathon DiaShel, that's brilliant. Are you going to try and raise money for a charity?

I have just taken the first tablet of hoodia, I will watch out for any side effects.

cobweb

Good luck on the half marathon DiaShel, that's brilliant. Are you going to try and raise money for a charity?

I have just taken the first tablet of hoodia, I will watch out for any side effects.

i am guessing that your husband will be quite happy if it does turn to out to have aphrodisiac qualities

Quote DiaShel View Post

Me too. Gonna do the 5k race for life in July, then hoping to do the half marathon in october...but i don't think i'll be fit enough by then so may have to do it next year instead. see how it goes. Training 3 times a week on the treadmill in the gym.

cobweb

i was a bit gutted today as i did my wii fit test and it told me i had put on 2lbs since last week (s**t!!)

Now the exams are over I can finally start exercising again! I'm going to try to post on here whenever I exercise to keep a sort of 'exercise journal' to track what I'm doing.

Today I did 40mins on my stepper with 0.5kg dumbells, then 10 mins arm exercises with 1kg dumbells, then some sit ups.

I feel so good now

i did Yoga this morning
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

I went over to the gym today and when I got there realised I'd left my student card at home so I couldnt get in! Silly me haha!

So I came home and did 45 mins on my stepper and some sit ups. Not as good a work out as going to the gym, but at least I got to watch TV while doing it

BlackCats

^ Well done SnowyWhite and everyone else.

I have been really lazy lately so I did 25 minutes on my trampoline this morning and then I did a walk for about an hour and a half. I was tired afterwards!

Did another 45 mins on the stepper with 0.5kg dumbells.

Might do some weights and sit ups later.

Smile Re: Let's get fit and healthy together (2)

Would you guys mind if I joined in? I need to lose a bunch of weight. Back in '05 I lost 70 pounds on WeightWatchers, I did good the first year after reaching my goal weight, since then, I've put back on 35-40 pounds and just feel horrible (both physically and emotionally). I've been trying to get back on track but it's been difficult.

I'm trying to get to the gym 3-4 times week. I've also been playing Dance Dance Revolution. Does that count?

Hey Iced Tea!
    What a coincidence, I lost 65 pounds in '05. It was a good year apparently. I put on about 10 a year ago and can't seem to lose it. I was doing really well a few weeks ago but then I had tests and was so stressed and wanted nothing but junk! Well, tests are done so hopefully I'll get back to it!

DDR totally counts!

BlackCats

^ Wow, 70 and 65 pounds Iced Tea and DiaShel, I just realised how much that was! That is loads to lose in one year.

Hello Iced Tea btw.

I lost 30 pounds in 2006 and have gained it back since then. I keep losing a bit and then gaining it back again. I'm trying to focus on exercising more at the moment. I have used my trampoline for the past three days. I just did 25 minutes. I have been using my dumbells too but I don't know that I'm doing the right exercises with them so I might look for some more online.

I have used my trampoline for the past three days. I just did 25 minutes. I have been using my dumbells too but I don't know that I'm doing the right exercises with them so I might look for some more online.
    You should try using your dumbells whilst trampolining. What could possibly go wrong?
    Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion". The "X" makes it sound cool.

cobweb

^ ha-ha (i expect to hear that BC has had some nasty trampolining/dumbell incident soon! )

i'm back on board with this now, and WELL DONE to those who lost so much weight!

i can't bring myself to state my weight but i have a lot to lose!

i'm aiming to stay within 2000 calories a day (am way overeating atm!) and exercise gently in short bursts each day + plus the stretching i do first and last thing. Going to get my bike back on the road, so cycling, swimming, wii fit and weights, plus yoga will be my routines of choice as i really HAVE to limit my walking to short strolls these days cos of my poorly foot (grr!! ). Am starting physio this week for the foot .

Sounds like a great exercise routine Cobweb I like the variety!

Went to the gym today, did 45 mins on the Cross trainer, some sit ups and stretches.

cobweb

Quote SnowyWhite View Post
    Sounds like a great exercise routine Cobweb I like the variety!

Went to the gym today, did 45 mins on the Cross trainer, some sit ups and stretches.

ta, snowy
    i'm jealous of you going to the gym, i've been warned to stay away for now, particularly from all cross-trainers

Quote cobweb View Post
    i'm jealous of you going to the gym, i've been warned to stay away for now, particularly from all cross-trainers
    Is that because of your foot? I can completely understand why the crosstrainer would make your foot worse!! It seems like one of those machines that can injure you easily hehe!

cobweb

yeah, i have plantar fasciitis and a heel spur, it's been ongoing for years but flared up badly after i increased my time on the cross-trainer (*sigh*). I've had a cortisone injection in my foot recently so i don't want to mess it up again. I used to love the gym though.

The gym's fun, but working out at home can be better. I watch TV and listen to loud music while I work out at home And it can be easier time-wise as well; there's no factoring in the time it takes to and from the gym, and, for me at least, the cost of parking while you're at the gym! Sometimes going to the gym can be more restricting.

It's good that your foot is fine for other types of exercise though it means you dont end up sticking to just one machine

Quote cobweb View Post
    yeah, i have plantar fasciitis and a heel spur, it's been ongoing for years but flared up badly after i increased my time on the cross-trainer (*sigh*). I've had a cortisone injection in my foot recently so i don't want to mess it up again. I used to love the gym though.
    Ooh, you poor thing My Mum has that too and it's quite painful for her, she's been rolling the sore foot on a tennis ball to massage it.

I have been v.lazy lately but am hoping to get back into exercising this week!

BlackCats

I would love to have the space to have a home gym in my house. I'm sure I wouldn't use it all the time but at least it would be there if I did feel motivated enough.

cobweb

Quote SnowyWhite View Post
    The gym's fun, but working out at home can be better. I watch TV and listen to loud music while I work out at home And it can be easier time-wise as well; there's no factoring in the time it takes to and from the gym, and, for me at least, the cost of parking while you're at the gym! Sometimes going to the gym can be more restricting.

It's good that your foot is fine for other types of exercise though it means you dont end up sticking to just one machine

Thanks - that actually made me feel way better about missing out on the gym
    I am enjoying wii fit, i just have to be a bit careful as it's done in bare feet - but i do put on my trainers if jogging (no jogging right now though ).

Kitteh, yes, it's very painful at times, i have a foot spa which helps, and the ball thing is also good.

BlackCats i would love a swimming pool at home, i would use it every day .

I wish I could afford a Wii! My mum's got Wii Fit and it seems really good!

Last night I did some sit ups and stretches. Today I did about 20 mins of arm exercises with my 1kg dumbells, stretches and then sit ups.

cobweb

i can't afford a wii, i bought one from a catalogue (and i love it!)

today i did 30 mins heavy gardening, 20 mins on the wii, and 15 mins yoga and stretching, plus a short walk on the beach.

Today I did 45 mins on the stepper then 10-15 mins stretching.

cobweb

^ 45 minutes on the stepper!!
    i hate those things, i can almost feel my hamstrings snapping when i use them

i've done bog all today, must do something tonight.

Quote cobweb View Post
    I've had a cortisone injection in my foot recently so i don't want to mess it up again.

Oh man, you just made me cringe, I had two cortisone shots for the same thing. My doctor told me it would feel like a bee sting. It freaking hurt. I almost jumped out of the chair. That didn't feel like a bee sting...........unless the bee was about 5 feet tall.

I'm back after a long weekend. But I did get to the gym for 2 hours of spin class on Saturday and an hour on Monday morning. I also kept my eating under control Well......at least better control than I normally have. I hope everyone is doing well.

cobweb

Quote IcedTea View Post
    Oh man, you just made me cringe, I had two cortisone shots for the same thing. My doctor told me it would feel like a bee sting. It freaking hurt. I almost jumped out of the chair. That didn't feel like a bee sting...........unless the bee was about 5 feet tall.

I'm back after a long weekend. But I did get to the gym for 2 hours of spin class on Saturday and an hour on Monday morning. I also kept my eating under control Well......at least better control than I normally have. I hope everyone is doing well.

(*imagines a 5 foot tall bee-doctor!*)
    is your foot ok now? did you have physio?
    i had physio before but it made it worse as the man kept strapping it up so i couldn't stretch properly
    i am going to a new physio tomorrow.

ew, 2 hours of spinning!

I used to get cortisone shots in my elbows, ankles and wrists a lot because of my rheumatoid arthritis. It's thankfully under control at the moment, but I have TERRIBLE memories of those experiences. They definitely worked, though.

As far as fitness goes, I basically do the same thing everyday: light weights with high repetition for my arms and shoulders, lots of squats to strengthen my legs, various sit up exercises to tone my middle and 30 minutes of alternating running and speed walking on the treadmill for cardio and weight control. I occasionally skip on weekends or when I'm busy or flared up, but I try to do it at least 5-6 times a week.
    I'm 6'6 and eat pretty lightly, so the routine keeps me in decent enough shape all things considered. I'm never going to be as muscular as I'd like to be because my joints can't handle heavy weight training, but I'd like to think I'm at least 'fit' in terms of weight and bmi thanks to the stuff I can do.

Quote cobweb View Post
    (*imagines a 5 foot tall bee-doctor!*)
    is your foot ok now? did you have physio?
    i had physio before but it made it worse as the man kept strapping it up so i couldn't stretch properly
    i am going to a new physio tomorrow.

ew, 2 hours of spinning!
    I used a pair of those 'perscription' orthodics for awhile. The doctor said I would have to use them for the rest of my life, but the foot got better and didn't bother me when I had them out of my shoes so I stopped using them. They are rock hard. . Now I only stick them in every once in awhile when that aspect of my foot pain strikes (I also had a morton's neuroma removed on the same foot). I didn't have to do any therapy outside of the whirlpool and massage the doctor did during my regular check-ups.

Since we're talking cortisone shots, I've had one in my knee for OA. I didn't feel it a bit. My ortho doctor numbed the area wonderfully. I guess it all depends on the injection site.

My exercise for today was some Mario Power Tennis on the Wii. It doesn't get my heart rate up too well, but it keeps me moving.

cobweb

I hate the things you put in your shoes, i've tried various (and very expensive!!) types but there's a problem with all of them.
    I've had this problem now for 15 years, it comes and goes a bit though.
    Funny you also mentioned the knee as the knee on my opposite leg is a problem for me, it fills up whenever i put any strain on it, so there are lots of yoga poses and balance exercises i can no longer do (*sigh*). I'm wondering if its got so bad because i've been making allowances for my poorly foot?.

Hi folks. This thread has gone awful - feet really freak me out and reading about your foot woes has got me all uncomfortable and unhappy.

However :P I wanted to join in. May as well. I've been attempting the healthy life since the start of April and have lost maybe 7lbs or 8lbs since then. I didn't weigh myself when I started, sadly. I'm training for a 10k run at the end of June - the Race for Life for Cancer Research UK (who test on animals, I didn't find out until sponsorships were already rolling in ) - meaning I run 3 times a week. I can do the distance now, but I want to get it down to under an hour. Did 6.5 miles on Sunday in 1hr 10mins, so hopefully 6.2 in 60 mins is doable

cobweb

sorry