Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Let's get fit and healthy together (2)

Default Re: Let's get fit and healthy together (2)

Quote Kitteh View Post
    My veins are hard to find, so they tried one arm yest'day but ended up taking the needle out so I went back today but the same thing happened Will have to try again next month
    When last I donated blood I was told I had 'shy veins'. The 'exsanguinatrix' took so many attempts to get a sample! I swear, by the time I left the centre I wasn't sure if I should use my arms to pick things up or drain pasta through.
    Quitting something because it's hard is wrong, and quitting something because it's wrong is hard. One takes cowardice, the other bravery.

Ms Derious - Owwww, you poor thing! Because it was my first time they didn't want to dig around too much so they only tried once on each arm and pulled it out within a few seconds, lucky me I suppose! My bf thinks I shouldn't bother going back as my veins are obviously going to be difficult, but I really wanted to donate.
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

Yest'day I did an hour of aerobics/pump

I have been so ill since Sunday, have eaten about 3 pieces of fruit since then.
    Thankfully all the gym work i'd been doing up till then has kinda helped the fact that the 3/4 stone i've lost in 5 days, whilst being drastic, is almost all bulk, so shouldn't do much health damage long term!
    Amazing how all the good work can be undone so quickly though! *thumbdown*
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

Gogs! What's been wrong?

I once lost about that much when I had the winter vomiting virus, it was really not good.
    Quitting something because it's hard is wrong, and quitting something because it's wrong is hard. One takes cowardice, the other bravery.

I hope you're feeling better, Gogs.

I did an hour of aerobics/dance last night.

I did 45 mins of pump on Saturday and and hour of aerobics/boxing this morning

boatsteem1

Three hours of hardcore kampjujutsu and BJJ sparring yesterday. I'm all bruised up and feel very alive =)

Oh boy, do I dread nausea.
    Bad luck, Gogs.

Today I went to find a big pond where supervised 'open water swimming' takes place. Tomorrow morning I will try my cheapo wetsuit at the indoor baths. Hopefully I will go for an outdoor dip on Saturday, where there will be plenty of super-athletes to rescue me from weeds, swimming animals, and submerged barrels.

Hope I don't get Weil's disease.

I can manage 120 lengths of 25metres... but I usually stop before I turn around, to make sure I don't bump into anyone.
    Problematic is waking someone whom pretends to sleep.

Walked for just over 30 minutes.

Quote Ms_Derious View Post
    Gogs! What's been wrong?

I once lost about that much when I had the winter vomiting virus, it was really not good.
    Quote Kitteh View Post
    I hope you're feeling better, Gogs.

I did an hour of aerobics/dance last night.
    Cheers, feeling far better now, dunno what it was but it lasted 4 days which is a long time to be as ill as that, lol.
    Went climbing for 2 hours on Sunday and been to the gym yesterday and today, whilst flooring a loft for someone last night, dunno which was more strenuous, lol!!!!

Swimming in the neoprene wetsuit was interesting. I was waiting for the air to bubble out for a while but the buoyancy was due to the suit. I usually sink fairly effortlessly, but I felt a bit like polystyrene... lacking the forward motion which would ordinarily come from my bodyweight. I'm sure this feature will be very comforting if I find myself a hundred metres away from standing up with my head above water.

I was wondering if I would need petroleum jelly to prevent chafing, but the water in the suit seemed to form a kind of lubricating barrier... don't know whether this will be effective after an hour or two.

I did an hour of pump/boxing on Tues and 30 mins of aerobics yest'day

I did an hour of aerobics/pump yest'day arvo

I had a great climb this evening! I feel so strong, I love it!
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

I'm managing to stick to two days of proper exercise, followed by an active day where I don't work out but I do walk a few miles into two and back. It's helping me work my way up to my goal weight by sloooowllly putting of muscle tissue, rather than just a load of fat, which isn't that healthy.

I'm also trying to give up caffeine again. I gave up for several years before starting up again when I went to a new job with no decaffeinated coffee, and the occasional coffee multiplied.

Quote DiaShel View Post
    I had a great climb this evening! I feel so strong, I love it!
    It is quite amazing the buzz you get sometimes from climbing compared to some other sports.
    Maybe the adrenaline rush has something to do with it? That, and the feeling of accomplishment when you've managed a climb that's beaten you before!
    I was meant to be going bouldering yesterday but my mate couldn't make it, so i just did some balance exercises for an hour!

^ For me it's both. I like that climbing you can really quantify your progress because the difficulties are numbered. Also, it's so much fun that I can do more then I would working out normally. I'm not sure that I get the adrenline rush anymore because I'm fearless.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote DiaShel View Post
    ... I'm not sure that I get the adrenline rush anymore because I'm fearless.
    I hope I'm not hitting on you DiaShel, but the idea of a fearless female climber is impressing me to admiration.

I am going to the 'open water swimming' place tomorrow, but have realised that I cannot afford to join at the moment [only thirty quid], and this club's season closes this month.
    Boo.

Enjoy your swim, Whalespace.

Quote Ms_Derious View Post
    I'm also trying to give up caffeine again. I gave up for several years before starting up again when I went to a new job with no decaffeinated coffee, and the occasional coffee multiplied.
    Have your tried drinking something like Teeccino instead? I think it's a really good substitution.

Today I did 65 mins of aerobics/boxing.

I'm going to try that Teeccino! I can't have caffine but like the taste of coffee.

I've been doing yoga 3x a week for about 5 weeks now. I love it! It makes me feel so good in many different ways! I hope everyone's exercises do that for them too!!

Quote Kitteh View Post
    Have your tried drinking something like Teeccino instead? I think it's a really good substitution.
    I stopped drinking coffee a few months ago; I was fairly sure that the headaches would stop [they did], but I was extra happy about my hip 'pain' fading to ignorable. I consumed plenty of water while I was using coffee, and I replaced the coffee with caffeine tablets... so I know that I was suffering from some of the many other components of roasted coffee.

Using caffeine tablets resulted in my using much less caffeine by the way, because the dose is clear [so long as their isn't an accident at the pill factory ].

PS: Yoga rocks.

I rode my bike for 2 and a half hours. Oww.

Yest'day I did 30 mins of pump and 20 mins of core work.

Quote DiaShel View Post
    I'm going to try that Teeccino! I can't have caffine but like the taste of coffee.
    The Hazelnut one is my favourite, I'm drinking some right now

Quote kookooforkarma View Post
    I've been doing yoga 3x a week for about 5 weeks now. I love it! It makes me feel so good in many different ways! I hope everyone's exercises do that for them too!!
    Yoga is fantastic, I have been thinking about doing a Bikram session once a week again. And yes, exercising makes me feel awesome

Quote whalespace View Post
    so I know that I was suffering from some of the many other components of roasted coffee.
    I came up as sensitive to coffee but not to tea or caffeine when I was allergy tested, so it must be something they use in the processing.

I walked for 55 mins this morning

I live in the middle of the woods, its beautiful to be able to get out and walk through the forrest. The health benefits of it is almost secondary to the beauty of it. I consider myself blessed.
    I am the Devil, and I'm here to do the Devils work.

boatsteem1

I just did some traditional Japanese Jiu-Jitsu for the first time. It was interesting - maybe not overly effective but still nice training. Seems to have an emphasis on wrist locks, something we don't use in BJJ.

Quote Panzer View Post
    I live in the middle of the woods, its beautiful to be able to get out and walk through the forrest. The health benefits of it is almost secondary to the beauty of it. I consider myself blessed.
    You are lucky

I enjoy walking in the woods too. I miss that, I moved away from the countryside 2 years ago.

Yest'day I did an hour of pump, leg and ab work.

Quote Kitteh View Post
    I came up as sensitive to coffee but not to tea or caffeine when I was allergy tested, so it must be something they use in the processing.
    There are lots of other substances in coffee, some good, some bad, and one which gives me pain. No doubt some stuff is added during processing, but roasting the coffee changes things aswell.

When I was a teenager, I thought "aerobics" was for girls...
    I have been to a few different kinds of musical jumpercise now, and they can be very thorough workouts.

Yesterday
    1 1/2 hour running, jogging walking

I went cycling today for about 1 hour, the weather is still so beautiful here,- I like to be outside when the weather's like this doing some kind of activity,- I don't know what I'm going to do in the winter when its cold outside I don't like cycling in the rain and wind. I also did a circuit training class in the gym,- I think i lost 2lb this week

Quote whalespace View Post
    There are lots of other substances in coffee, some good, some bad, and one which gives me pain. No doubt some stuff is added during processing, but roasting the coffee changes things aswell.

When I was a teenager, I thought "aerobics" was for girls...
    I have been to a few different kinds of musical jumpercise now, and they can be very thorough workouts.
    Yeah, aerobics sounds a bit lame but these are more like work outs so rather than say "I did a work out dvd" I just say aerobics but they're not really. I have 4 of the Davina McCall dvds and most of the work outs involve boxing, kicking, interval training etc

I did 45 mins on Thursday, a 55 min walk on Friday and then I carried a lot of heavy stuff back and forth at our bake sale on Sat and spent the day on my feet. My arms are still sore so I didn't exercise yest'day but I am considering doing some this arvo.

I did a 30 min leg workout yest'day and today.

I was really sore from climbing all day on Saturday so I did a yoga class. No one else showed up so I had a private lesson. It was really good. I never stretch and now I know I should do it more. Then I felt good enough to climb for about an hour. I'm still sore.

It turns out I probably have Osteomalacia or whatever it is called due to always being covered up outside...haha turns out my "omg cancer" routine might have given me bad bones. XD Can't win.

http://www.arc.org.uk/arthinfo/patpubs/6058/6058.asp

So as part of my fit and healthy routine I've been finding vegan versions of the supplements. I've found calcium, but can I find a vitamin D supplment 20 to 50 ug?! NO.

The Veg 1 supplement I am going to buy for the B12 etc only has 10 ug. So I pref need another supplement of 10ugs. lol Oh, found one! yay

It doesn't help that it is nearly Winter, so can't just go outside for 30 minutes uncovered. lol

That's no good Witchy I love the sunshine and usually get some each day even if it's only 5-10 mins. I hope you can find the supplements or spend some time outside if it's not too cold.

Quote DiaShel View Post
    I was really sore from climbing all day on Saturday so I did a yoga class. No one else showed up so I had a private lesson. It was really good. I never stretch and now I know I should do it more. Then I felt good enough to climb for about an hour. I'm still sore.
    Yoga is lovely and I always forget how much I love it until I do a class.

Today I did 30 mins of aerobics, my arms have finally stopped aching, woo!

boatsteem1

I just went up a huge water tower, which was probably more of a mental workout though (I'm scared of heights!) =D

Quote mazatael View Post
    I just went up a huge water tower, which was probably more of a mental workout though (I'm scared of heights!) =D
    That's really brave Well done!

Quote Kitteh View Post
    That's no good Witchy I love the sunshine and usually get some each day even if it's only 5-10 mins. I hope you can find the supplements or spend some time outside if it's not too cold.
    I have to take extra Vitamin D to speed up the healing process, i'll find out more (HAHA yeah right) when I go for my check up.

I ordered the Veg 1 supplements last night, I just need a top up for the VD as Veg 1 only has 10 in and I need 20.

Today I er...walked. lol Oh dear.

On Monday I did 60 mins of boxing and pump, yest'day I did 45 mins of leg work and boxing and today I did 30 mins of aerobics

boatsteem1

Yesterday one hour of traditional Japanese Jiu-Jitsu and then followed that up with two hours of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

I've been roof tiling my father's house... thank goodness for the swimming [in terms of preparation i mean, I haven't been doing both].

Quote witchymagic
    Today I er...walked. lol Oh dear.

Keep walking xwitchyx. I sold my car on Wednesday , but only because i didn't need it.

RubyDuby

wore a pedometer yesterday.
    I walk 4 miles during the day for my job.
    Pretty cool considering I feel like I do nothing.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

I did an hour of leg work, abs and pump yest'day.

I walked for an hour this morning

Good work
    Lisa @ http://www.facebook.com/earthsista

Kitteh is continually exercising.

I climbed all day. What else is new?