Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get fit and healthy together (2)

Default Re: Let's get fit and healthy together (2)

^ dont be sorry part of this thread should be about how people cant do certain exercises and what they can do instead.

Today I did 45 mins on the stepper. 5-10 mins of stretching and 5-10 mins of weights with my 1kg dumbells. Then some sit ups.

cobweb

^ thanks!
    yes, the whole fit and healthy thing has to include injury and illness i suppose..........
    i had physio today and was told that my foot is a hopeless case
    ironically, because the appointment came through quickly, the injection is still staving off the pain which made the appointment slightly tricky, although i could well remember where the pain usually is/how bad it is.
    Even more ironically i went for a walk after the appointment because i had to think, and i think best when walking, and there's a little bit of pain back in the foot tonight

so, i haven't had a workout today - but i moved my mouth a lot, i've done lots of talking to people today!

I wish I could remember if I did anything out of the norm for my foot, cobweb. But I think my foot just got better on it's own. I just make sure I get shoes with good arch support. Or at least I don't walk around with something like cheap flip flops for long periods of time. I hope it gets better for you.

Today was a lazy day for me. I had all intentions of going to the gym today, but I didn't get there. I did a good job of controlling my eating again today. So I'm happy with that.

Oh yeah, BTW Kit, feet totally gross me out. Almost to the point of repulsion, especially if someone is touching me with theirs........Should I have admitted that?????

cobweb

^ thanks, IcedTea (i'm not a huge fan of feet, either, funnily enough!)
    i only ever wear asics gel trainers now or my winter boots which are flat but have a good, thick, supportive sole, i really do look after my foot but it's still not happy!.

Hoooray! I finally exercised again! I did 45 mins on the bike yest'day
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

I must be feeling inspired by the sunshine! I did my usual swimming this morning (just over 2 km), and then came home and did two lots of Pilates. And, I'll be going for a walk into the town centre this afternoon to go shopping (25 mins there, 25 back).
    Just need to make sure I don't ruin it all by snacking like a mad thing today. I'm only 1 1/2 pounds off the weight I actually want to be - the weight at which all my pairs of jeans are comfortable!! So, healthy lunch here I come (oops, not yet. I hadn't realized it's only 10.50 am).

I'm at my mums for a few days, and she has a crosstrainer and a leg-magic thing. So today I did 30 mins on the crosstrainer and 5 mins on the leg-magic, and some stretches. Might get on the Wii Fit later.

cobweb

Quote smallhelen View Post
    I must be feeling inspired by the sunshine! I did my usual swimming this morning (just over 2 km), and then came home and did two lots of Pilates. And, I'll be going for a walk into the town centre this afternoon to go shopping (25 mins there, 25 back).
    Just need to make sure I don't ruin it all by snacking like a mad thing today. I'm only 1 1/2 pounds off the weight I actually want to be - the weight at which all my pairs of jeans are comfortable!! So, healthy lunch here I come (oops, not yet. I hadn't realized it's only 10.50 am).

(and well done with your weight loss)

cobweb

Quote SnowyWhite View Post
    I'm at my mums for a few days, and she has a crosstrainer and a leg-magic thing. So today I did 30 mins on the crosstrainer and 5 mins on the leg-magic, and some stretches. Might get on the Wii Fit later.

yay, get on the wii fit and do some rhythm boxing

I like the boxing on Wii Fit and the Hula Hooping is fun too

cobweb

hula hooping is great - knackering though!

Quote Kitteh View Post
    I like the boxing on Wii Fit and the Hula Hooping is fun too
    ^ I had a go on the Wii Fit just now, it was good fun! I'm very unbalanced though

I loved the Hula Hooping! Was the only thing I could do well! The yoga poses were good too. I can totally understand how people can do it every day and lose weight/get fit! But I think I'd probably get bored after a while...

We also went for a wee walk on the beach today. Was beautiful

Has anybody tried that bubble game on the Wii Fit? I can't get that thing to save my life. I saw that there is a new boxing game coming out soon. I believe it's called "Punch out" I think I remember it from an old reincarnation. From what I read you do the same thing with the remote and nunchuck. I'm thinking of trying it out. I like the boxing game that came on the Wii Sports, I'm thinking "Punch out" is like that.

I actually got myself to the gym today. I did 2 hours of spin today. I really need to get to the weight area. I've been sorely neglecting the strength training.

cobweb

Iced Tea i am the opposite, i would do resistance work all day but hate stuff like spinning!
    I nearly got to the end in the bubble game yesterday but got over excited and popped just before the end!

Do you mean the bubble game where you have to get the bubble along the river? I am hopeless at that one!

And I walked for an hour on Sat morning

Oh I failed after 1 second on that one!

Yesterday I also took the dog for a wee walk. Today I havnt done anything, but I did play the Wii some more! It's cus I had to drive back home today, so that's my excuse Was a boiling hot drive!!

Today I did 45 mins on my stepper, stretches for 5-10 mins and sit ups... slowly making up for my few days away where I didnt do all that much

Might do some weights later but we'll see what happens. It's so sunny and warm and feel very lazy because of it!

Getting back into it after a week of being a bum. 50 minutes of Tae-Bo.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

cobweb

55 mins swimming (i was deep in thought and didn't realise how long i'd been going til an old lady called over to me across the pool and asked how many miles i was aiming for )

then an hour of mowing my lawns and strimming edges/round plants

Quote cobweb View Post
    55 mins swimming (i was deep in thought and didn't realise how long i'd been going til an old lady called over to me across the pool and asked how many miles i was aiming for )
    I love zoning out, makes exercise time go so much faster! And other days all I do is look at the minutes and count how many more til I can stop

cobweb

Quote Kitteh View Post
    I love zoning out, makes exercise time go so much faster! And other days all I do is look at the minutes and count how many more til I can stop

ha-ha, i know, if i count lengths it gets so boring.

That's the one thing I hate about the timers on the cardio equipment. That time goes down so slow.......

Especially when 3 of the 6 TVs in the cardio area are on the same finanical channel.

Quote IcedTea View Post
    That's the one thing I hate about the timers on the cardio equipment. That time goes down so slow.......

Especially when 3 of the 6 TVs in the cardio area are on the same finanical channel.
    Yup, I used to force myself not to look at the time! And who wants to watch the financial channel while exercising?!

I took my car for service this morning and then walked the 20 mins back to my house, will walk back there later on too.

Quote Kitteh View Post
    Yup, I used to force myself not to look at the time! And who wants to watch the financial channel while exercising?!

I'm still trying to figure that one out. Another one that cracks me up it someone who turns off the Food Network to watch something like Paula Deen. Maybe they are thinking that 'if I exercise I can have that fat-laden dinner'?

I didn't get to the gym yesterday, but I did a 45 minute Firm DVD. At least I get my strength training in with those.

Yesterday I went for a walk with my parents. I ran less the 2 miles but it was kind of humid and my shoulders were hurting so I walked with them for another hour.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Today I did 45 mins on my stepper, a few stretches and some sit ups. Then I had a brisk 20 min walk in the sun

cobweb

i've done bog all except very short walks with the dog and a bit of wii Tennis and wii Golf

I went to the gym today, did 40 mins on the cross trainer. Then some sit ups. My body feels like I had a good work out! There was no music on in the gym today, it was weird. I had my music with me, but between songs it was utter silence, I felt sorry for all the people without music!

RubyDuby

ok, I've gained 12 lbs and at least 2 dress sizes in the last 9 months. Going shopping for summer clothes yesterday was a huge eye opener.

This ends today!
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

cobweb

Ruby is that because you're not working the same hours or is it because you're content do you think? .

Snowy you always make me feel so lazy! .

I did just 30 mins of swimming today as i had an appointment to keep which clashed with the pool times .

RubyDuby

Well, I eat A LOT more, and my jobs were aloways pretty physically intense in lala land.

I'm not an exercising kind of person, so I've always taken advantage of my jobs and used them as exercise. With the job I had the whole time I've been home I started out working really hard but the people were not nice, my boss only ever had negative feedback, and eventually I stopped trying. Now that I've quit that one my new part time job is at a very small dog daycare. Standing in a room with dogs doesn't leave much opportunity for exercise and I can't start marketing my pet sitting/ dog walking until we move in a few weeks. Hopefully then I'll get more on the job exercise like I prefer, but in the meantime I need to get my butt up and stop eating so much crap!

So today I stretched for 30 minutes, aerobics for 15 minutes, glut exercises and ab exercises 5 minutes each. I know it isn't much, but it's a start and I feel a lot better mentally today after doing that.

sorry about the book...

RubyDuby

oh yeah, and I quit smoking.

Well done for quitting smoking, and all those exercises sound great!!! You did a lot

And Cobweb, I'm a lazy arse really! I always start the uni year thinking I'll exercise after classes etc. and 'this year I'll make time', but when the work starts piling on I just lose all motivation and then get lazy and pissed off cus I have no time to myself, so I dont want to spend it exercising, I want to relax and eat haha So I only get exercise by going to and from uni, and the odd trip to the gym at the weekend. But then it comes to the end of the year and I end up working out more over summer, because I do miss it I guess... then the cycle comes back again!

But I put on a few pounds over the exams so I'm trying to get back to the weight I was before. I'm eating normally again, and obviously exercising. It happens every year though! Bloody annoying! It's just cus I'm stuck in the flat all day everyday studying, so I dont exercise and tend to eat a bit more.

I really like having a physical job. I hate to sit around. I'm definitely in the wrong field. I should have skipped grad school and college and just waitressed. I was damn good at it.

cobweb

i used to love physical work, too, it was my exercise and i could eat what i wanted!
    sometimes exercising feels so daft.

Quote RubyDuby View Post
    oh yeah, and I quit smoking.
    Congrats!

Quote DiaShel View Post
    I really like having a physical job. I hate to sit around. I'm definitely in the wrong field. I should have skipped grad school and college and just waitressed. I was damn good at it.
    Me too, I was a vet nurse, full time for a few years. I decided to go to uni and I went from working 6 days a week, 8+ hours a day on my feet to sitting in lectures 9-5pm, 5 days a week It was terrible, I didn't realise how much my job contributed to my weight loss/management.

And a few years ago I worked in a cafe and had to run up and down stairs from the kitchen to the seating area all night, it was great! Now I sit in an office all day, boooo.

Yest'day I did 50 mins on the bike.

RubyDuby

I know, you can burn so many more calories just by going about your day than you can busting your butt and being bored exercising.

and thanks for the congrats(es)

Well done on quitting smoking. I hope you keep at it

Been lazy of late but I've also been travelling loads. I can now run for an hour or over once a week though, which is nice. Got my 10k soon though... eek.

^Good luck on your 10k

Went to the gym again today. Did 45 mins on the cross trainer then some sit ups. Set the cross trainer on a higher level today though and I'm really feeling it now

So near and yet so far.....
    Feel annoyed cos I had to miss my exercise today - had to do an extra day's work and missed my morning's swim.
    And..... have just eaten a large but tasty homemade vegan pizza for my dinner.
    Oh well, back to the grindstone/step machine tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm totally having a chips and beer night tonight. Maybe not the beer... mm, chips. I don't know if I can go back to running on the treadmill now that I've been going outside recently. D'oh, I knew this would happen! I need to be wary about running outside because it can really screw up my back... but it's so pleasant! However, staring at music videos at the gym whilst listening to better tunes on my iKit just isn't doing it so much any more. Runs have become so mind-numbing that they're really tough to get through. How do you folks get through the gym? I try "til the end of the song... one more song..." or "til I've heard 5 songs" and I tell myself every song is 3 minutes or "til it's 45 minutes... 50 minutes..." that's the best I've come up with.

Ruby-congrats on quitting smoking. I remember when my mom stopped. It wasn't easy for her.

I took a mental health day from work today. I made it to a 6am spin class this morning, that was followed by an hour or so of some retail therapy at a nearby outlet center.

cobweb

i've gone mad eating the last few days
    i think being on 1500 calories a day was too little for me, i suddenly went weak with hunger and have just pigged out ever since
    i have lost 11 lbs and now regained 2 of them

just had a short walk and some wii tennis today, must do more tomorrow.

RubyDuby

Thanks again guys

I shoveled dirt for 2 1/2 hours today. I'm in pain, but it's good pain

Wow Cobweb, 11 pounds is awesome! 2 is just a very minor set back.

I gained some weight. I don't know how much. I'm a scaleophobe. But it's enough that my once loose-from-weightloss pants are getting snug. I quit a physically demanding job a month ago and my food intake has been EVEN MORE (since I'm home and have nothing better to do but munch). I think I gained at least a solid 10lbs of fat. I'm trying to exercise but I'm just so damn shy to go to the gym. I'm only comfortable exercising if it's not overtly exercise (like walking in jeans with my purse, heading to the store. I'd feel daft if I wore work out clothes to walk outside).
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Tiger, how about an activity like ice skating, rock climbing or something like that? It's fun to do things that don't seem like exercise walking is good too - you can do that in your jeans, surely? I go for long walks in jeans and a t-shirt or whatever. It's lovely on a nice, sunny day - again, doesn't feel like exercise and a great way to get into your own thoughts.

Nice job too, cobweb. I think I've lost about the same since February. Meaning I'm around my 'normal' weight -_- just think, if I hadn't let it creep on I'd be at somewhere around my ideal weight.

RubyDuby

good job on the weight loss guys. Realizing you've backslid could be motivation to get back into it?

tigerlily, could you stretch while watching tv? Maybe it would spark a desire to jog in place or do jumping jacks? I know it's hard to make yourself do. I've lost that battle until recently. I don't know if your brother would stop you?

cobweb

Quote DiaShel View Post
    Wow Cobweb, 11 pounds is awesome! 2 is just a very minor set back.
    thanks, i take that as a compliment from someone who has done so well herself
    i'm a bit hard on myself (which is counterproductive ) - if i lose 11 lbs i think i should have lost 22lbs .

^ Thanks! Don't think like that though. Instead, thinking, I lost 11 pounds, so I can lose 11 more.