Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 3031

Thread: What did you eat today? (13)

RubyDuby

Default Re: What did you eat today? (13)

yesterday:
    coffee
    boca burger on wg roll- tom, onion, pickle, lettuce, ketchup
    steak fries
    soy latte
    2 spring rolls
    cabbage salad w vinegrette
    thai dish- ginger veg with tofu (white rice)
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

B: rice krispies w/ soya milk and agave nectar
    L: M&S wild rice, lentil and aubergine w/ garlic dressing, veg samosa, fresh fruit
    D: the same again! But tomato and basil soup instead of fruit

I had some toast this morning And a banana, apple and orange. I've been eating more fruit lately and feel less bogged down

Today I had the most disgusting muesli for breakfast! I had decided to soak it overnight, but the only dried fruit I had was some fruitcake mix which included mixed peel - BIG mistake, especially as I had rather ill advisedly also added grated carrot, and apple and boysenberry juice. I might just go back to packet mueslies for a while...

I ate rye crackers, soaked almonds, clementines and broth throughout the day at work, and for dinner I made more of the spinach and garlic soup I had yesterday, to which I added peas. And I had a medium sized bowl of crisps on the side And so ends the first proper day of my diet. I wonder how much weight I've lost?
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

breakfast: 2 slices of ezekial raisin toast, earth balance margarine. coffee with vanilla almond milk.

lunch: tofurky slices, black olives and a ton of hummus and baby carrots

dinner (more snacking really). 1/2 piece of vegan carrot cake, popcorn made with canola oil and earth balance. water.

Breakfast: organic whole wheat spaghetti topped with homemade bolognese made of veg and yves ground
    Lunch: slice of vegan pizza loaded with red peppers, white onions, artichoke hearts and some num white vegan cheese on a tomato sauce base
    Snack: I chugged chocolate almond breeze right from the container when I got home
    Dinner: split peas cooked until mush with lots of garlic and white wine vinegar. I sauteed dinosaur kale with more garlic and some extra virgin olive oil and then blended the two together. So freaking good! also a handful of crinkle cut fries for good measure
    Snack: just thinking ahead here - either some vanilla flavored Coconut Bliss (if you haven't tried this product yet - RUN, don't walk to the store and get some, I assure you it's freaking delicious!) or apple wedges dipped in sunflower seed butter

I just had some cereal for my.... midnight snack? Awake again at 2 in the morning again.... I don't get it.

Quote memomow View Post
    Breakfast: organic whole wheat spaghetti topped with homemade bolognese made of veg and yves ground
    Lunch: slice of vegan pizza loaded with red peppers, white onions, artichoke hearts and some num white vegan cheese on a tomato sauce base
    Snack: I chugged chocolate almond breeze right from the container when I got home
    Dinner: split peas cooked until mush with lots of garlic and white wine vinegar. I sauteed dinosaur kale with more garlic and some extra virgin olive oil and then blended the two together. So freaking good! also a handful of crinkle cut fries for good measure
    Snack: just thinking ahead here - either some vanilla flavored Coconut Bliss (if you haven't tried this product yet - RUN, don't walk to the store and get some, I assure you it's freaking delicious!) or apple wedges dipped in sunflower seed butter
    That all sounds fab! What is coconut bliss??
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

For breakfast I had: A cup of home-made soya yoghurt made with silken tofu, plain soya yoghurt, raspberries and strawberries. Then one weetabix with soya milk and kiwi, strawberries and raspberries. Mid morning I had a banana. For lunch: a brown seeded bread salad sandwich with lettuce, cucumber and tomato. A mug of marmite and a handful of nuts. Mid-afternoon: A mixed berry Trek bar, some red grapes and half and orange. (my three year old had the other half!). For dinner tonight I have: Creamy nut korma (from vegetarian feasts). The sauce is made with onion, garlic, ginger, cardamon, cumin, coriander, water, creamed coconut, ground almonds and lemon juice. To that I am adding carrots, sugar snap peas, cauliflower and broccali and serving with brown rice, followed by a slice of home-made banana bread

B: Rice Kispies w/ soya milk and agave nectar
    L: 2 packs of Tyrells sweet chilli and red pepper crisps (stuck in a client meeting with nothing else in their coffee shop!)
    D: M&S super food shaker salad (all sorts of healthy green stuff in a pot with dressing), fresh fruit, tomato and basil soup... and I'm about to have toasted tea cakes w/ Pure spread.

Quote Wildflower View Post
    Hey Veganwitch! Haven't talked to you in awhile, hope you are doing well. Was wondering what brand of cheese you used in the quesadilla?
    Hi Wildflower!!! **waves**. Sorry I only just saw this post. I've been trying to find my way back to VF but I'm still mostly AWOL....LOL. This time I used tofutti slices in the quesadillas, the mozzarella one. I've also used the american. And sometimes I use Follow Your Heart, either cheddar or mozzarella.

That fig spread you've been eating sounds good. Is it store bought? if so, what's the brand name?

Today:

2 bowls of kashi triple berry crisp cereal w/ soymilk
    glass of oj
    ww pasta w/ mock ricotta and sauce
    "chick" parmesan patty
    mashed butternut squash.
    little bit of broccoli (it was overcooked and not very good)
    few squares of chocolate
    tea (black decaf, winter spice)

breakfast: small glass apple juice with couple of brazil nuts then a mug of hot marmite when i got to work
    lunch: (early today) bowl of homemade stew (i have another one for later this afternoon)

JC

Ooh, i haven't done one of these posts in donkeys!
    Let's think...
    B: sm bowl porridge made with water, mashed banana and super-berry compote
    S: snack-a-jacks, salt and vinegar flavour (i'm so addicted to these, it's unbelievable...)
    L: vegetarian sushi snack pack from dashi and 2 slices sprouted wheat and raisin bread topped with pear and prune fruit spread - the no sugar kind ;-)
    D: japanese style tofu fillet and coleslaw-salad made from; carrots, tomato, flaked almonds, sunflower sprouts, liquid aminos, cider vinegar, red pepper, sojade natural, walnuts, miso paste. Booja-booja stuff in a tub - hunky punky chocolate - for dessert. Mmm.

Drinks throughout the day: water with ice and fresh lemon juice, wild berry tea, chai tea, peppermint tea.

Breakfast: Toasted wholemeal bagel with buttery spread and avocado

Lunch: Green smoothie (spinach, ground chia seeds, berries, soya milk, grapefruit juice) and a massive salad with nuts/seeds/various fridge vegetables covered in yummy vinagrette

Dinner: Chips (actually more like wedges) with sausages and baked beans in a vegan pub here in Barcelona. Followed by a slice of sponge cake from another nearby vegan place.

Snack: Oat cakes with chocolate spread and peanut butter and jam.

Drinks: Coffee with soya milk, vanilla tea, grapefruit juice, water
    Houmous atá ann!

breakfast: soaked almonds, peppermint tea

lunch: lentil soup with tomato, spinach and "ribbons" of carrot (my ex housemate showed me how to do these with a veg peeler - they're great becase they cook a little bit in a very short time but you still get a nice delicate crunch ), a small handful of salt and vinegar kettle chips.

Mid afternoon snack: Alpro caramel custard pot, clementine

Dinner: crackers and stuff! Ryvitas plus some lovely thin multigrain crackers, with either yeast extract or a silken tofu spread I made which had lots of garlic in - I now stink! and also some little gherkins

Default Re: What did you eat today? (new thread)

OMG what DIDN'T I eat today more like??? lol

B: 4 crumpets with pure spread and strawberry jam
    pineapple juice
    L: Homemade pizzas
    D: Popadoms with mexican rice
    3 cans of scrumpy jack
    2 bars of tesco FF crispie choc

and it's only 9:30 I might have more lol!!

Not real name!

Made some scones. Ate them. Delicious.

Did you have anything on your scones? Were they sweet or savoury? We need details!

Twinkle: I love those little Alpro caramel custard pots! And how is that garlic/silken tofu spread?
    Daffodil: How do you make hot Marmite? Is it just Marmite + boiling water in a mug? Is it a bit like miso soup?

What I ate today:

Breakfast: Toasted ww bagel with avocado and buttery spread

Lunch/Dinner: Massive salad with mushrooms, roasted red peppers, more avocado, Redwoods pepperoni, ground nuts/seeds, hummus and vinegar.
    Green smoothie with spinach (can't get kale here, I miss it ) and spirulina, fruit juice and chia seeds

Snack: An entire box of Celtic chocolate 'Choices' caramels (in fairness there're only 12 in a box, I could probably eat plenty more!).

Drinks: Coffee, roobush tea (with soya milk), water
    Last edited by Blueberries; Jan 8th, 2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: To ask Daffodil about the hot Marmite!
    Houmous atá ann!

Quote Blueberries View Post
    ... how is that garlic/silken tofu spread?
    An entire box of Celtic chocolate 'Choices' caramels (in fairness there're only 12 in a box, I could probably eat plenty more!).

The spread was pretty good, would have been even better if I'd been bothered to stick it in the food processor to smoothen it out, but what's not to like about tofu, garlic, cold-smoked rapeseed oil (my new favourite bringer-of-the-omegas), mustard and seasoning. Simple and effective!

Those caramel choices are great! I had to resist them the last time I was in Sainsburys because I'm on a diet and I'd have eaten the whole lot in a short time too! Have you tried the Celtic selection box? I keep hoping to see them on sale but they never are and I don't feel like I can justify about a fiver for something that size.

Rocket Queen

-brunch-fried mushroom , salad and cream 'cheese' wrap
    -Dinner-sainsbury's instant noodle with extra chilli and ketchup
    -Snack-carrot and celery sticks and salsa
    -Snack-home made mashed potato

-Supper- some vegetable pie I had made and frozen that I reheated was nice I am impressed with mesen!
    -two mini vegetable spring rolls-my housemate ordered those from't chinese take away
    -More pie..

(can we tell I am hungover?)
    Do any of yous get this hungry when hungover?!
    The greatest mistake is to do nothing because you can only do a little.

Quote Festered View Post
    e I am impressed with mesen!
    Yorkie?
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08

Not real name!

Quote twinkle View Post
    Did you have anything on your scones? Were they sweet or savoury? We need details!
    They were plain but I had some with 'vegan buttery thing' on and some with a rhubarb and ginger 'jam'. Om nom.

Quote glen lambert View Post
    rhubarb and ginger 'jam'. Om nom.
    oooooooooooooh!
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08

Rocket Queen

Quote vava View Post
    Yorkie?
    Lol yes
    I haven't been QUITE s'bad today.

Brunch -Home made soup,broccoli and chickpea, carrot and celery sticks and salsa
    Dinner-Noodles with tomato sauce, parmezano and chilli
    Might have somat else later.

RubyDuby

I like your sig, Festered.

Today:

tofu salad (mashed tofu, olives, veganaise, black salt) on Ezekiel toast
    coffee with very vanilla Silk
    2 fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce
    3 pieces pickled veg sushi roll
    bowl veg udon noodle soup
    1 papodom with tamarind sauce
    4 pieces spinach pakara
    3/4 tandoor roti
    1/2 serving chana palak on basmati rice

toasted sesame bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese
    small bowl of brown rice w/ kidney beans sauteed w/ onion, tomatoes, and spices
    glass of cranberry-blueberry juice
    boca burger on ww bun w/ cheese, tomato, lettuce, vegenaise, ketchup, relish, onion
    fries w/ vinegar, ketchup, vegenaise
    bakes beans
    mashed butternut squash
    can of cola (think this was the first one I'd had in at least 10 years)
    few chocolate chip cookies
    teas (black decaf, echinacea, chocolate raspberry, rooibos orange-vanilla)

Rocket Queen

Quote Festered View Post
    Lol yes
    I haven't been QUITE s'bad today.

Brunch -Home made soup,broccoli and chickpea, carrot and celery sticks and salsa
    Dinner-Noodles with tomato sauce, parmezano and chill
    i
    Might have somat else later.
    I had a veggie burger mashed up in a cup with some salsa!
    Quote RubyDuby View Post
    I like your sig, Festered.
    Thank you!
    Not been s'bad today. Just eaten soup all day!

RubyDuby

leftover soup
    lots of coffee/soy milk
    leftover chana palak
    handful pistachios
    pb&j on ezekiel
    salad with broiled tofu, and a Twilight bar for dinner.

Quote veganwitch View Post
    Hi Wildflower!!! **waves**. Sorry I only just saw this post. I've been trying to find my way back to VF but I'm still mostly AWOL....LOL. This time I used tofutti slices in the quesadillas, the mozzarella one. I've also used the american. And sometimes I use Follow Your Heart, either cheddar or mozzarella.

That fig spread you've been eating sounds good. Is it store bought? if so, what's the brand name?
    Yeah, I've been a bit AWOL too, trying to post here more often.

I got the fig spread at Whole Foods and it is Whole Foods Market Organic Adriatic Fig spread. They were all around the store (by the wine, by the olive bar, by the registers) between Thanksgiving and New Years in little glass jars with an orange top. I stocked up! Super yummy, you should look for it.

Today:

Breakfast: Cinnamon Raisin ezekial bread with earth balance. coffee with vanilla almond milk.

1/2 of my lunch at 10:30 (before going for a run at lunchtime) - slice of homemade pizza with artichokes, black olives and veggie pepperoni. clementine.

1/2 of my lunch at 1:30 - salad with tofu, avacado dressing, herb mix, grape tomatoes, green peppers. clementine

Snack: Chocolate Chunk Luna Bar

Dinner: vegan ravioli stuffed with artichokes and olives, with a marina sauce to which I added herbed green olives, artichokes and veggie pepperoni. An absolute ton of grilled asparagus.

Dessert: 3 Newman Os and vanilla almond milk

Damn, I ate a lot today! This was supposed to be day 1 of being back on my diet...I was at about a 1000 calories before dinner and cookies. Oy.

Screwed up my healthy diet yesterday Just started eating and couldn't stop. Had 12 slices of toast... Opened up a bag of chocolate chips and had a few handfulls of them, and 4 hashbrowns, among other things Likely 3500 calories over the course of the day. Gotta make up for that today.

Quote Wildflower View Post
    I got the fig spread at Whole Foods and it is Whole Foods Market Organic Adriatic Fig spread. They were all around the store (by the wine, by the olive bar, by the registers) between Thanksgiving and New Years in little glass jars with an orange top. I stocked up! Super yummy, you should look for it.
    I will definitely look for that! The closest WF is an hour away so I don't get there to often and when I do I always spend a small fortune...lol.

Today:

toasted pumpernickel bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese
    brazil nuts and dates
    glass of orange-mango juice
    slice of oat nut bread w/ roasted pepper hummus
    tofu scramble w/ onions, red peppers, spinach
    tater tots w/ ketchup
    lightlife sausage patties
    strawberries
    english muffin w/ earth balance and marmalade
    glass of cranberry-blueberry juice
    1/2 grapefruit
    teas (black decaf, peppermint-mate, green chai w/ creamer, orange-vanilla rooibos)

RubyDuby

yesterday:

ww everything bagel w tofutti herb & chive cream cheese
    soy latte
    1/2 Buccaneer bar
    steamed broccoli
    "Reuben" made open-face with tempeh, Daiya cheese and homemade thousand Island (on 2 slices Ezekiel toast)
    popcorn with Red Hot and nutritional yeast

today:

a banana
    1/2 coffee 1/2 Silk
    clif mountain mojo
    mushroom knish
    salad- lettuce, carrot, nooch, broiled tofu, sweet onion dressing
    handful pistachios
    2 Tofurkey sausages on Ezekiel w mustard
    brussels sprouts.

Had a tofurky sausage for lunch today. Might have another one for dinner They leave a great after-taste. I had 2 slices of toast for breakfast, with a small bowl of oatmeal and raisins and some fruit for snacks through out the day

Made myself an... interesting... supper It was chopped up brussel sprouts, asparagus, corn, peas, and white kidney beans turned into a soup/stew kind of thing I was hungry and lazy so I just kind of threw it all into a pot and cooked it like that. It wasn't half bad though. The corn and the beans overpowered the taste of the brussel sprouts It was easy to make, nice and salty, very filling, and pretty healthy too

Yesterday:

dried figs and walnuts
    toasted blueberry bagel with tofutti cream cheese
    bowl of homeade vegetable soup (carrots, scallions, mushrooms, kale)
    roll with earth balance
    an apple
    crackers with "cheddar" spread
    boca chicken patty on ww roll w/ vegenaise, tomato, lettuce, balsamic dressing
    dill pickle
    potato chips
    chocolate chip cookies
    teas (black decaf, peppermint mate, green chai w/ creamer, candy cane lane)

RubyDuby

banana
    soy latte
    roasted sweet potato
    2 of those little onions marinated in oil (plus 2 more later)
    grilled cheese w Tofurkey slices and vegenaise (Ezekiel, Daiya and Smart Balance)
    1/2 Buccaneer bar
    soup (quinoa, tvp, green beans, carrots, spinach, tomatoes, cannelini beans, onions, shallots, Rapunzel bouillon)

Night_Owl

My system has been in an uproar for some reason so I have been eating light and trying to go easy on spices, acidic foods and fiberous things. Just until my digestive system gets back to normal.

I had some rice and green beans,bread,almond breeze,and vegan cake roll. Now I need to cook something for tonight. Not sure what. Maybe sweet potato.
    Last edited by Night_Owl; Jan 14th, 2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Puncuation

Yesterday:

brazil nuts and dried figs
    toasted sesame bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese and raspberry jam
    slice of bread with garlic hummus
    homeade tvp burger with ketchup
    mashed potatoes
    sauteed zucchini squash with lemon pepper
    several squares of sweet dark chocolate
    teas (cinnamon vanilla, orange-vanilla rooibos, black decaf)

B: 50g soaked almonds
    L: Tofu with pickled onions and mustard, smushed up and served on ryvitas. Nicer than it sounds
    after work: a vanilla provamel custard pot.
    D: garlicky lentil soup with carrots, spinach, peas and mushrooms. Mmmm!

RubyDuby

so far today i've had coffee w silk, a clif bar, a banana and 3/4 of a large pizza! I even brought a bowl of healthy soup from yesterday but bought pizza anyway. :/

^ Sounds like a good choice to me.....hahahaha....I say that as I'm sitting here eating french fries

two slices of toast with pure margarine
    bento lunch with totoro shaped onigiri (vegan cheese slices eyes, nori mouth and features), broccoli, crispy fried sesame tofu, cherry tomatoes
    Linda McCartney pie, potato croquetes, peas
    mexican chilli soup
    homemade chocolate brownies
    "Life is life – whether in a cat, or dog or man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man’s own advantage."

Quote megrainbows View Post
    bento lunch with totoro shaped onigiri (vegan cheese slices eyes, nori mouth and features)
    Did you take a pic? that sounds cute!

RubyDuby

Quote veganwitch View Post
    ^ Sounds like a good choice to me.....hahahaha....I say that as I'm sitting here eating french fries
    yeah, it turned into a whole pizza, and then we went out to eat and had bbq tempeh, mashed sweet potato and the best chard I've ever had (plus 2 dumplings).

I'll be a good girl today.

28 grammes of my mothers homemade muesli..what was the point in that? a borrowers banquet wouldve been more.
    a pint of coffee.
    garlic homemade chips, dry stir fried sprouts leftover from christmas, and so much asparagus cos it was being sold off in morrissons for 19p a bunch.
    i feel like gnawing the walls.
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

RubyDuby

you should have a sandwich or something, emmap. The walls probably aren't very good for your digestive system.

Today:
    soy latte
    leftover soup (quinoa, tvp, green beans, carrots, spinach, tomatoes, cannelini beans, onions, shallots, Rapunzel bouillon)
    several servings chana masala and aloo mattar over cucumber and tomato salad
    ww roti
    various pakora

yesterday:

dried figs and brazil nuts
    homeade tvp burger on ww bun with vegenaise, tomato, red onion, lettuce
    huge amount of french fries with vinegar, ketchup, vegenaise
    blueberry pancakes with maple syrup
    lightlife sausage patties
    teas (black decaf, cranberry pomegranate, peppermint mate, chocolate raspberry)

I'm trying to make tofu and spinach balls that I can bake for dinner. Well they were meant to go with my lunchtime salad, but I can't get them to bind very well, even though I stirred 50g porridge oats in while I was cooking the spinach, and I don't have any breadcrumbs. Does anyone know if ground flax would work as a binder? (I'm sure this isn't the right place to post this really, but it *is* about what I hope to eat today!

So far I've had almonds for brunch, followed by a big bowl of salad with some Finn Crisp rye crackers, and I've just had an Alpro black cherry yoghurt. Dinner will hopefully be the aforementioned balls, although I may bake them in silicone muffin cases if they persist in being soggy, and... I'm not sure what will go with that, maybe some garlic mushrooms.