Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 3031

Thread: What did you eat today? (13)

Default Re: What did you eat today? (15)

You should. These were very tasty...they are tofutti cream cheese based cooked in muffin tins with a crust made from graham cracker crumbs and maple syrup. Delish.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Yum!
    Peace, love, and happiness.

mini cheesecake with strawberry topping (vegan lunchbox around the world)
    1/2 an avocado with salt, lime juice, and garlic powder
    potato salad (vcon) over spinach leaves
    spicy buffalo seitan bites (quick and easy vegan comfort food) and celery and carrots with blue cheeze dip (recipe posted by Rubyduby)
    wild berry skittles
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Aw, my favorite thread has fizzled out???

two bowls of kashi triple berry crunch cereal w/ soymilk
    2 clementines
    faux fish fillets w/ tartar sauce
    mashed potatoes
    kale sauteed w/garlic and toasted sesame oil
    mashed butternut squash
    slice of cake (white cake w/ vanilla pudding filling, strawberries, and vanilla "buttercream" icing)
    tea (numerous cups of decaf black and 1 cup tahitian vanilla hazelnut)

Default Re: What did you eat today?

I had some toast and some fruit Trying to get a little more fruit and vegetables in my diet. Oh, I also tried some organic green tea for the first time. Wasn't too bad actually

cafix (coffee substitute)
    1/2 grapefruit
    blueberry bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese
    marinated portobello on ww bun
    steamed broccoli and asparagus w/ sun-dried tomato dressing
    few onion rings
    eggplant parmesan
    duplex sandwich creme cookies
    lots and lots of decaf black tea

Quote veganwitch View Post
    cafix (coffee substitute)
    1/2 grapefruit
    blueberry bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese
    marinated portobello on ww bun
    steamed broccoli and asparagus w/ sun-dried tomato dressing
    few onion rings
    eggplant parmesan
    duplex sandwich creme cookies
    lots and lots of decaf black tea
    Wow, where'd you get onion rings from? I miss deep fried onion rings so much...

Myself, I had a different brand of green tea today that also had mint leaves for flavouring Very good. Toast again, and some potato chips I have such a healthy diet.

Breakfast/elevenses - chocolate hazelnut brownie, a mince pie and 2 tangerines (or they may have been clementines...small and orangey, anyway).

Lunch - homemade wholemeal rolls with sauted mushrooms, sweetcorn and red peppers and smoked Scheese (the only flavour I like).

Afternoon snack - beanburger (was going to have it for lunch but the bread filled me up, so I took the burger back to work )

Dinner so far - another mince pie. Am thinking of making a chickpea-flour and mushroom quiche, I have some fresh thyme that needs using as well and think that'll be a nice combo.

Coffee and water for drinks.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Kimberlily1983

Ugh, I've got lots of school crap to deal with now and I've been procrastinating and in general avoiding take care of things and myself. Typical. So here are the things I've been eating, in my laziness and avoidance of preparing healthy meals, today:

I had chocolate cake with cold coconut milk poured on top (as "frosting", delicious) for breakfast. Yep, that's right.

For lunch I had some Mr. Noodles, cooked my way: I boil the noodles, drain them, then sprinkle on some of the flavor packet and mix it. That and a glass of cranberry grape 100% juice blend.

I fell asleep in the afternoon and did not snack on anything like I usually would.

For supper I ate half an avocado, some celery and hummus, and a pomegranate.

For my evening "snacks" I had chips with guacamole and salsa, some chocolate, a couple of cans of pop, and some fries with mushroom gravy and ketchup.

Ugh, not exactly a balanced diet! Though there are some healthy foods mixed in there, and sadly this is much better than some of the omnivores I know do.

Quote Back-Space View Post
    Wow, where'd you get onion rings from? I miss deep fried onion rings so much...
    I got them out of my freezer....LOL. They are Ore-Ida brand. Hardly heatlhy but they are vegan. I seriously love deep-fried stuff, especially french fries and onion rings. They are one of my vices...LOL.

Today I had:

1/2 small watermelon
    2 flax waffles
    strawberry-banana soy yogurt
    bowl of vegetable soup
    roll with earth balance
    tofurkey sandwich with vegenaise, stuffing, cranberry sauce
    teas (black, eyebright, pomegranate-cherry green)

Quote Kimberlily1983 View Post
    I had chocolate cake with cold coconut milk poured on top (as "frosting", delicious) for breakfast. Yep, that's right.
    Now THAT is a breakfast....YUM!!!

Sounds like my type of day Except for the chocolate cake... Where do you get your hands on that stuff? You've got school tomorrow morning don't you? It's gotta be 3 or 4 in the morning over there. Better get that homework done

I got them out of my freezer....LOL. They are Ore-Ida brand. Hardly heatlhy but they are vegan. I seriously love deep-fried stuff, especially french fries and onion rings. They are one of my vices...LOL.

Today I had:

1/2 small watermelon
    2 flax waffles
    strawberry-banana soy yogurt
    bowl of vegetable soup
    roll with earth balance
    teas (black, eyebright, pomegranate-cherry green)
    It looks like you've got quite the healthy diet A few fries and onion rings wouldn't hurt. I'm going to have to hit the grocery stores tomorrow and see if I can find those onion rings I miss those almost as much as I miss pizza.

Kimberlily1983

Ooh, wish I had one of those now!

Sounds like my type of day Except for the chocolate cake... Where do you get your hands on that stuff?
    I make it myself. Fairly simple recipe (takes maybe 5 mins., 10 tops to assemble), pop in the oven for 40 mins. or so, and tada.

You've got school tomorrow morning don't you? It's gotta be 3 or 4 in the morning over there. Better get that homework done
    Haha, it's 2:30 on the dot, and yes I have class tomorrow afternoon (or rather this afternoon now), and I have a 5-8 page paper to pass in that I have not started, and I want to rework my manifesto a bit.

I'm the queen of procrastinating... Sigh.

Lol. 10 minutes?... I dunno... That seems like a lot of work for some cake 2:30? Planning on getting any sleep tonight? Maybe Veganwitch can help you write your paper

I'm the queen of procrastinating... Sigh.
    I am LMAO....I see that in the time I've been away from VF you've acquired my crown. I AM THE QUEEN OF PROCRASTINATING.....HAHAHA. Seriously, I did the same thing in college. It would be the night before a paper was due and I didn't have it started. Worse than that, a few times I hadn't even read the book yet....LOL.

It looks like you've got quite the healthy diet A few fries and onion rings wouldn't hurt. I'm going to have to hit the grocery stores tomorrow and see if I can find those onion rings I miss those almost as much as I miss pizza.
    I'm replying in bits and pieces because I can't seem to find the multiple quote button....HAHA. It's great to see this thread active again!!!

Glad you think I eat pretty healthy. I'd stopped posting on this thread for a long time because I was eating like crap or barely eating at all. So this is an improvement. I hope you can find the onion rings!!! I love pizza too. I just make my own and use soy cheese....great, now I'm craving a pizza....LOL.

Lol. I rocked college. I had assignments done a week after they were assigned And I got amazing grades. Not quite sure what the change was from highschool. I went from 55-65%, skipping several classes a week to finishing with a 4.06 GPA at college

Kimberlily1983

Planning on getting any sleep tonight?
    Um, it's looking like no. Maybe a couple of hours. Or a half hour. LOL.

It would be the night before a paper was due and I didn't have it started. Worse than that, a few times I hadn't even read the book yet....LOL.
    Oh, yeah, I do this every time. Every time I mean not to, but I do it anyway.

Though I can't say I don't read the book - that part I'm good at staying on top of! I almost always have my readings done on time, or ahead of time... The papers, though, nooo, never.

Maybe Veganwitch can help you write your paper
    Well, Veganwitch would if she wasn't just as bad a procrastinator...HAHA. Plus, I've gotta get to bed here. I've been staying up till 3-4 am and it's wrecking havoc so I'm turning in early.

Kimberlily1983

I've been staying up till 3-4 am and it's wrecking havoc so I'm turning in early.
    I've been doing this lately, too. I always say my body operates on a 26 or so hour day: I find myself wanting to go to sleep about an hour or two later each night. So I find I can never keep on going to bed at a reasonable hour. Very annoying!

Lol Suckers. It's not even midnight here Make sure you don't pass out during your presentation tomorrow Kimberlily It would be hard to argue that veganism is healthy.

Kimberlily1983

Lol Suckers. It's not even midnight here Make sure you don't pass out during your presentation tomorrow Kimberlily
    Meh, I can handle skipping sleep for a couple of nights... though I'm finding the older I get, the more this capacity seems to be fizzling out... Getting older sucks, haha.

But seriously, I should log out now, and stop watching old clips of The View on YouTube, haha, and get down to business! So I will talk to you guys tomorrow or later this week... or in another half hour when I decide I don't feel like working on my projects yet, haha.

Okay, 'night, people!

Meh, I can handle skipping sleep for a couple of nights... though I'm finding the older I get, the more this capacity seems to be fizzling out... Getting older sucks, haha.

But seriously, I should log out now, and stop watching old clips of The View on YouTube, haha, and get down to business! So I will talk to you guys tomorrow or later this week... or in another half hour when I decide I don't feel like working on my projects yet, haha.

Okay, 'night, people!
    Lol, then I suppose we should log off too If you've got no one to talk to, you'll focus on your homework Good luck tomorrow. Night
    Night Veganwitch

im glad i found this thread! I think i need to start keeping a food diary to see what foods i need to be eating, i need to be more balanced

i've had tofutti and tomato w/ salt n pepper on Vitawheats, a can of pumpkin minestrone, two avacado/tomato/salt/papper on brown bread, and probably tempura veggies for dinner
    http://youandmesydney.blogspot.com/

Quote Lars View Post
    im glad i found this thread! I think i need to start keeping a food diary to see what foods i need to be eating, i need to be more balanced

i've had tofutti and tomato w/ salt n pepper on Vitawheats, a can of pumpkin minestrone, two avacado/tomato/salt/papper on brown bread, and probably tempura veggies for dinner
    I need to try an avocado I keep reading how healthy they are for you, but they just look so unappealing... I might pick one up today when I go out. Gotta get some more bread, some apples, and I need to see if we've got any vegan onion rings

RubyDuby

lots of coffee
    pecans
    orange juice
    2 black burgers mixed into a salad with romaine, broccoli florets, blk olives and pickles.
    toast with almond butter
    baked tofu and fries
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

I need to try an avocado I keep reading how healthy they are for you, but they just look so unappealing... I might pick one up today when I go out. Gotta get some more bread, some apples, and I need to see if we've got any vegan onion rings
    I really like half a ripe avocado smushed up with a spoonful of wine vinegar and salt and black pepper on fresh wholemeal bread. Guacamole is good too, if you can find or make a vegan version (should be vegan anyway but a lot of shops round here put cream in for some reason).
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Avo's are the dogs danglies! Excuse the expression. In a fresh or toasted sarnie = truly magical.

Coffee
    Pear and Apple with cashew butter and other random toppings
    Crisps
    Rooibos tea
    Millet porridge (soya milk) with clementine/tangerine (I also struggle to tell the difference), mixed nuts, coconut, chocolate ginger pieces and agave.
    Possibly the biggest mug of hot chocolate known to man (+ Espresso chocolate) - is a 'day off'
    Tea + 2 x hobnobs
    Dinner will be some sort of rice noodle + tofu and veg soup (at least that is what it looks like - taken out the freezer, poor memory)
    Water when needed
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Can you just eat them the way they are, or do they need to be prepped? I'm a bit of a picky eater so I don't eat much Maybe if I could make a dip for my potato chips...

Avocado and vegemite on toast is delicious...nom nom nom. Or using mashed up avo as a spread on salad sandwiches/wraps with plenty of beans

Can you just eat them the way they are, or do they need to be prepped? I'm a bit of a picky eater so I don't eat much Maybe if I could make a dip for my potato chips...
    If you get a good one they're passable as is, but they're kind of bland. They're more of a texture food, though the flavour can be really good with other things.

I'll have to pick one up then I walked all the way to the grocery store today but decided on some grapes and apples instead. And I looked for onion rings but couldn't find any I'll have to go to the other one tomorrow and see what they have.

Hi RubyDuby!!!

Mmmm, I love avocados and guacamole makes a great dip for potato chips!

Today:

pumpernickel bagel with tofutti cream cheese
    2 clementines (clementines don't have seeds, but tangerines do)
    cucumber slices with red pepper hummus
    brown basmati rice
    2 mini spring rolls w/ sauce
    stir fry (faux beef, green beans, carrots, mushrooms, scallions, tomatoes, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, brown rice vinegar)
    couple of duplex creme cookies
    few potato chips w/ hummus
    teas (black decaf, eyebright, winter spice)

^ OMG!! VEGANWITCH!! HIIIII!!! *waves*

Avocados are the BOMB might I add

Today:

apple, handful of grapes, handful of almonds and sunflower kernels
    biscuits/crackers w/ avocado
    rice w/ lentil veggie sauce thing that's like bolognese sauce but vegan obviously, w/ tofu
    apricot
    toast with veg marg
    chocolate!!
    pasta w/ cheezly w/ mushrooms and tomatoes
    banana
    lots and lots of water (2 litres)
    I hate it when I'm studying and a velociraptor throws bananas on me.

RubyDuby

Hi VW

(I'd also like to express my love of avocados!)

green tea
    lentil soup
    garlic toast
    espresso w almond syrup
    salad with broccoli, carrots and hummus
    grilled cheese and tomato
    French onion soup

Avocado lovers unite! My 2 year old thinks it's the best food ever.

Breakfast today was a Lara bar, Cherry Pie, and a cafe au soy. I am so happy that Costco sells them in a multi-pack.

Lunch is a treat, as I normally eat at my desk, but today's special is loaded vegan chili dogs at the vegetarian restaurant in town, so I've convinced a colleague to go.

Dinner will be stewed aubergine, tomatoes, and onions over brown rice.

Hiya Moondance !!!

Quote RubyDuby View Post
    French onion soup
    Did you make that yourself?? That was one of my favorite soups...Mmmm!

RubyDuby

yes, homemade. I can't stand canned soups anymore for some reason and it's hard to find vegan restaurant soups around here.
    It's my bf's favorite so now that soup weather is here I have a feeling we'll be eating it a lot!

Quote RubyDuby View Post
    yes, homemade. I can't stand canned soups anymore for some reason and it's hard to find vegan restaurant soups around here.
    It's my bf's favorite so now that soup weather is here I have a feeling we'll be eating it a lot!
    Homeade soups are where it's at. Trying to get my lazy self around to making some. My man made a homeade vegetable soup recently but I've been buying store bought.
    You wanna point me in the direction of that recipe??? Or did you just wing it?

RubyDuby

It's kind of just winged or wung but basically slow cook a coupla chopped vidalia onions in a little olive oil, covered over med heat until caramelized. Then add a splash of vegan worcestershire sauce if we have it (which we almost never do so I just use soy) and vegetable broth. I use the Better Than Beef bouillion. Then add a tsp of sweetener (brown sugar here)and salt & pepper.

I had a bagel with some margarine, I'm going to get some fruit in a few minutes, then thinking of hiking down to the grocery store again 6km one way. It'll be enough exercise for the week << I love the new cross-eyed smilies by the way

RubyDuby

I live 4 doors down from the nearest grocery store, but the thought of cleaning the snow off my car is too daunting to think about. You are ambitious!

Quote RubyDuby View Post
    It's kind of just winged or wung but basically slow cook a coupla chopped vidalia onions in a little olive oil, covered over med heat until caramelized. Then add a splash of vegan worcestershire sauce if we have it (which we almost never do so I just use soy) and vegetable broth. I use the Better Than Beef bouillion. Then add a tsp of sweetener (brown sugar here)and salt & pepper.
    Thanks, sounds simple enough. Did you put the bread and cheese on top?? That's my favorite part...lol.
    Right now getting off the couch is too daunting to think about...haha.

RubyDuby

The bread and cheese is my favorite part too! When there happens to be Daiya in the fridge I might throw in some croutons and cheese on top, but never as good as the baked restaurant version! Usually we just eat it as is. Lazy.

Quote RubyDuby View Post
    I live 4 doors down from the nearest grocery store, but the thought of cleaning the snow off my car is too daunting to think about. You are ambitious!
    Lol, I'm laughing in Alberta It's still like -10 out which is warm enough to walk around all day. I used to live in London, Ontario, and they've been snowed in for the past 2 days We've got lots of snow, but we've also got blue skies and clean street Suckers.....

Oh and I gotta ask. How does the vegan cheese taste in relation to dairy cheese? I was thinking of buying some, but it's quite expensive. I tried a veggie burger once thinking it may taste relatively the same as a real burger(back when I was an omni) but I had to soak the thing in ketchup to finish it

RubyDuby

I haven't had cheese in almost 6 years, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. It really depends on the cheese. I like FYH vegan gourmet cooked, but not so much raw. Daiya is delicious. Everything else is pretty gross.

I was eating broccoli the other day, on its own, and I couldn't help thinking how much better it would taste with some melted cheese. And I'd love to make a pizza, especially if the cheese tastes good. Then I could make it when my family comes over

RubyDuby

Someone I know who recently went vegan hates Daiya on pizza. She used too much and it went all watery. She does love it in sandwiches, etc. I think it's really good on a pizza, just don't overdo it, and put the toppings on top of it.