Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 3031

Thread: What did you eat today? (13)

Default Re: What did you eat today?

I'll have to give that a try then I'm not even sure what I'd put on top of it. Maybe diced green peppers, some onions. Someone mentioned putting baked beans on pizza, which doesn't sound too bad A little different, but I'd eat it.

RubyDuby

lol never tried that! But it doesn't sound half bad! I always put way too much stuff on mine.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Lol. If I can find a pizza base I'll be set Back to the grocery store. I'll have to time how long it takes me to walk 12km. Maybe I'll go further today and see how far I can go

French Onion Soup sounds awesome!

Coffee
    Pear, Apple and a Clementine (ta VW )
    Coffee
    Hanful of mixed nuts
    Coffee
    'Paella de Verduras'
    Couple of beers and various Punjabi type curries (out with workmates)
    Chocolate Swedish Glace Icecream
    Rooibos tea with milk

Water as per usual
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Last of the chocolate hazelnut brownie, coffee and a satsuma for brunch, mexican pasty from Currant Affairs for lunch (mmm, hot beans and spicy veg in puff pastry ), a dried fig and a cup of vanilla rooibos tea in the afternoon. Have been rather bad about dinner, which has been cold beanburger and redwoods mini sausages, orange juice and rum (strictly for medicinal purposes ). Wow, I suck at eating healthy today! I did have a vitamin pill as well :S
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

I had a bagel in the morning with vegan margarine An assortment of fruit, and orange juice.
    I kind of skipped lunch as I spent alot of the day walking around. I had another bagel once I got home with peanut butter. Some more fruit, and a chickpea, corn, and green bean lazy concoction of mine I just boiled the corn and green beans, then added the chickpeas... That's it I need some better ideas of how to add beans into my diet.

an apple, handful of almonds, sunflower kernels and some grapes
    avocado on crakers/biscuits
    rice w/ tofu, chickpeas and an assortment of beans (kidney etc) w/ soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce
    chocolate .... lots of it
    an apricot and piece of toast and a peach
    salad w/ lightly fried and spiced potatoes
    lots and lots of water
    I hate it when I'm studying and a velociraptor throws bananas on me.

RubyDuby

green tea
    mountain mix mojo clif bar
    leftover lentil soup on top of salad (lettuce, nooch, and broccoli)
    chips and salsa
    refried beans with lettuce, tomato, guacamole
    a margarita
    vege fajitas:
    onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
    2 flour tortillas

Yesterday:

mock chicken salad sandwich on toasted oat nut bread with romaine
    potato chips
    2 clementines
    few handfuls of cashews
    leftover stir-fry with rice
    2 mini spring rolls
    couple of duplex creme cookies
    teas (mayan cocoa spice, black decaf, mangosteen superfruit)

Haven't had anything to eat yet today.

Going to make a bagel with margarine in a few minutes Have a cup of green tea, and maybe a piece of fruit. Wait till 11:00 or so and then head out for the day. I walked just over 12km on Tuesday, probably somewhere around 14 yesterday, and I'll probably do another 12 today

I had fruit for breakfast and then a Dr McDougall's soup for lunch. Normally bring a lunch from home, but felt too tired to bother this morning, so I keep Dr McDougall soups in my desk for those days. Dinner will be roasted butternut squash soup, baked sweet potatoes, and a salad.

quorn bits in sweet chili sauce and ginger + cashew nuts and a delicious salad <3 yum

Quote zeenah View Post
    quorn bits in sweet chili sauce and ginger + cashew nuts and a delicious salad <3 yum
    Quorn isn't vegan, it has egg in it.

Some people use quorn as a generic fake meat term, though, like some people use butter for spread. But yeah, actual Quorn have been trotting out the same line for 10 years about researching alternatives to eggs. They don't seem to be trying very hard.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

What is quorn anyway? And I'm sure she wouldn't have eaten it if she'd known

I just had a carrot and spinach salad.... Yeah, it sucked

Aw, how comes it sucked? It sounds good to me, but then I've had another not particularly good eating day, could really do with some fresh stuff. I had some raw yellow pepper and that was it for raw veggies, unless you count pear and apple juice from a carton.

I had no breakfast (well, a chai tea hint mint or two, but that's not really filling!), lunch was a falafel hummous and salad sandwich - oh, so I have had more raw stuff... it was only a couple of leaves though. And a veggie sausage roll!

Afternoon snack: figs and more hint mints.

Dinner was a can of baked beans that I added sweetcorn and Redwoods mini sausages and onion and peppers (and ate some raw while I waited for it to be done) and smoked gm-free canola oil and other seasonings to.

Drinks - juice, coffee and water. And I'll take a vitamin pill when I next go upstairs.

I know this isn't interesting to anyone except me, but it's quite interesting to me to keep track of it.

Quote twinkle View Post
    Aw, how comes it sucked? It sounds good to me, but then I've had another not particularly good eating day, could really do with some fresh stuff. I had some raw yellow pepper and that was it for raw veggies, unless you count pear and apple juice from a carton.

I had no breakfast (well, a chai tea hint mint or two, but that's not really filling!), lunch was a falafel hummous and salad sandwich - oh, so I have had more raw stuff... it was only a couple of leaves though. And a veggie sausage roll!

Afternoon snack: figs and more hint mints.

Dinner was a can of baked beans that I added sweetcorn and Redwoods mini sausages and onion and peppers (and ate some raw while I waited for it to be done) and smoked gm-free canola oil and other seasonings to.

Drinks - juice, coffee and water. And I'll take a vitamin pill when I next go upstairs.

I know this isn't interesting to anyone except me, but it's quite interesting to me to keep track of it.
    Lol, I've been trying to eat healthier I took a look at what I was eating... Some days I'd eat a whole bag of potato chips, and I'm not a big eater so it makes up probably half of what I would eat that day. Then I'd have 8 slices of toast or so Yeah... I said in another thread that my parents think I'm going to end up sick eating a vegan diet, so that's the last thing I need to happen. People would think it's the veganism and not the junk food. So I eat the spinach even though I hate it, and add the carrots to drown the flavour I'm limiting my bread over the day, and trying to keep track of everything I eat so I know where I am in terms of calcium = 48%, iron = forgot , and protein = 32 grams. Now I'm going to walk down to town again to keep my exercise routine going

Coffee
    Clementine + Pear
    Coffee
    Apple
    Coffee
    Asparagus, courgette and pea risotto
    Salt + Malt Vinegar Crisps
    White Tea (didn't take note of variety)
    3/4 Fry's Peppermint Cream
    Tea with Soya Milk + 2 x Hobnobs
    Shedload of various veggies (vegbox rox) roasted with Tahini, mustard, balsamic vinegar, agave, etc and more herbs/spices than I care to take note of
    Rooibos tea

Waterage...

Waiting to make my three bean soup. I really hope it tastes good because I don't even have any salt or pepper...

whats Satsuma?

So far i've had a bad food day:

A bar of Rawganic dark chocolate
    a large frozen coke
    glass or soymilk with chocolate syrup
    a packet of instant noodles
    chilli flavour crunchy coated peanuts.

I feel a bit sick now.
    http://youandmesydney.blogspot.com/

Quote Lars View Post
    whats Satsuma?
    Exactly the same thing as a Clementine, Tangerine, Naartjie, Mandarin Orange, etc - it's all about the marketing.

I joke, but it's in the same vein. Citrus seedless fruit? Type thing.

I feel a bit sick now.
    Not overly surprised to be honest

Nice blog!

Quote twinkle View Post
    Ah, Twinkle...I find it quite interesting myself. I love to see what everyone is eating. The other day you gave me a craving for dried figs and vanilla rooibos...LOL...I was in the store today and neglected to buy both of them.

Today I had:

1/2 blueberry bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese
    a banana
    cup of carrot ginger soup
    2 slices of pizza topped w/ fyh cheese, tomatoes, spinach, artichokes
    teas (decaf black, peppermint mate, decaf chai)

Not much, but I was on the road most of the day.

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast - 2 navel oranges, banana & cafe au soy

Lunch - Salt & vinger crips, Pad Thai noodle soup

Dinner - Butternut squash soup served with loaded jacket potatoes

Bought a new kind of vegan cheese that said it melted, but I wasn't entirely happy with that clain but it tasted good.

Snacks - Lara bar, nuts

RubyDuby

which cheese? ^

coffee with plain Silk
    mountain mix mojo
    romaine & raw broccoli topped with chili (Hormel)
    leftover french onion soup
    Tofurkey cheese pizza topped with Tofurkey

Leftover channa masala and dhal.

Ciabatta roll with hummus, lettuce, carrot, roasted peppers, olives and sweet piquanté peppers.

Far too many crisps!
    Todays empires, tomorrows ashes...

english muffin with earth balance and orange marmalade
    a clementine
    a burritio from whole foods (filled w/ sweet potatoes, carmelized onions, guacamole, black beans, peppers)
    a cinnamon bun w/ icing
    teas (mayan cocoa spice, black decaf)

RubyDuby

coffee with plain Silk
    whole wheat everything bagel with Tofutti French onion cream cheese
    poppy bagel with vegan cranberry vanilla cream cheese (a bagel place near here, Balsam Bagels, makes their own vegan cream cheese!)
    more coffee w Silk creamer
    2 crispy spring rolls with plum sauce
    eggplant veg with tofu dish at Thai place

Going to have my bagel in a minute I think I'm going to make another soup today aswell.

I was looking at some veggie burgers at the grocery store yesterday... They're very expensive and I've heard of some people finding them not so pleasant to eat. Is there a well-known name brand of veggie burger that I can find in Canada? We've got 2 or 3 brands that I saw. I remember the one was Yves Portobello Burgers but again I've got no idea how they taste. I keep hanging around that section hoping someone will come pick a pack up and I can ask them which tastes the best Or just pick up the same pack they did assuming they picked up their favourite

RubyDuby

I've never tried that kind, but it sounds delicious! As far as beef impersonating veggie burgers, I like the Boca burgers myself, but I'm not going to say they're fantastic. My favorite is Gimme Lean, but not sure if you have that there? It comes in a tube and you break off pieces, form your own patties and cook them in a pan.

I haven't seen either of those brands I really just want them so my omni friend has something more to his liking for food while he's here. I figure if he's here for 10 days and comes hiking with me and eats a vegan diet, he might notice the benefits and continue There was another veggie burger, can't remember the brand but it had garlic in it aswell... Maybe I'll get the smaller pack and see how they taste.

We went for our "not Christmas" meal today (me and a group of friends, it's an annual tradition), and I had to rush around town in the morning buying last minute presents, so breakfast was cake and coffee. Lunch was at a hotel, and I was quite pleased. Apart from me having to prompt them for side veg without butter they'd provided a pretty good vegan meal that wasn't much different from the veggie option, I had a starter of melon with a red berry compote and some tasty spiced coulis, the main was nutloaf with roast and boiled potatoes and cranberry sauce with steamed carrots, parsnips and brussels sprouts on the side, then Christmas pudding for dessert - they'd put some sprays of redcurrants on the side and more of the compote from the starter on my pudding to make up for it not having custard and it worked quite well!

Went back to someone's house to listen to festive music and look at their log fire, and open secret santa presents. Mine was an owl-embellished jute bag containing bath melts and 4 bags of vegan jelly sweets, I've opened two of the bags already to try and they're really nice!

Quote twinkle View Post
    We went for our "not Christmas" meal today (me and a group of friends, it's an annual tradition), and I had to rush around town in the morning buying last minute presents, so breakfast was cake and coffee. Lunch was at a hotel, and I was quite pleased. Apart from me having to prompt them for side veg without butter they'd provided a pretty good vegan meal that wasn't much different from the veggie option, I had a starter of melon with a red berry compote and some tasty spiced coulis, the main was nutloaf with roast and boiled potatoes and cranberry sauce with steamed carrots, parsnips and brussels sprouts on the side, then Christmas pudding for dessert - they'd put some sprays of redcurrants on the side and more of the compote from the starter on my pudding to make up for it not having custard and it worked quite well!

Went back to someone's house to listen to festive music and look at their log fire, and open secret santa presents. Mine was an owl-embellished jute bag containing bath melts and 4 bags of vegan jelly sweets, I've opened two of the bags already to try and they're really nice!
    Sounds like an exciting day, and quite the meal

Rice creme hot cereal with molasses
    Barley and black beans
    Grapes and an orange
    Miso soup
    Almond butter and berry jam on whole grain bread
    Banana
    Spinach salad

Brunch - Vegetable soup - 400g of supermarket own brand value range goodness. (It was nice, honest.)
    Late afternoon - Beef & tomato flavour pot noodle sandwich (with margarine)
    Dinner - Pasta with a tomato, courgette & chayote sauce (all freshly made, not sure of the full ingredients) with supermarket own brand value garlic bread.
    Snacks - Pack of twiglets, pack of value range salt & vinegar crisps.

Sounds unhealthy but I'm trying to put on some weight for a new roll I'm working on.

chocolate chip cookie dough lara bar
    a banana
    spicy vegetable filled dumplings
    faux chicken nuggets dipped in agave-mustard
    roasted brussel sprouts
    potatoes (from the deli at WF, they were very good but then I never met a potato I didn't like)
    couple of pieces of baklava (YUM!! never had it pre-vegan so nothing to compare it to, but this was delicious)
    vast quantities of black decaf tea

Yesterday was home made drop biscuits and fruit, avocado & tomato sandwich, bean tameles for dinner and a handful of nuts for dessert

RubyDuby

espresso
    poppy seed bagel with smart balance and cranberry vanilla cream cheese
    bagel sandwich- vegenaise, tofurkey slices, tomato, onion, lettuce
    seitan steaks, mashed cauliflower and brussels sprouts

bowl of vegetable soup
    2 rolls with earth balance
    sandwich (tofurkey, tofutti cheese, tomatoes, spinach, red onion, mustard, vegenaise on toasted oat nut bread)
    spicy curly fries with ketchup
    a sticky bun
    teas (black decaf, decaf chai)

Going to have a breakfast of grapes, banana, and an apple. I'll save my last bagel for laster Probably another can of beans at some point over the day. Starting to wonder if it's healthy eating a can of those everyday

RubyDuby

Default Re: What did you eat today? (13)

soy gingerbread latte
    mountain mix mojo
    Dr. McDougall's Chinese Chicken Noodle soup
    poppy seed bagel (last one )
    Boca chicken patty

I will definitely be having a big salad for dinner.

Quote RubyDuby View Post
    soy gingerbread latte
    mountain mix mojo
    Dr. McDougall's Chinese Chicken Noodle soup
    poppy seed bagel (last one )
    Boca chicken patty

I will definitely be having a big salad for dinner.
    You've got vegan chicken noodle soup?

om nom nom, discovered a new vegan fast food place next to my university, had to try it out :P
    so i had seitan stake and french fries. <3

RubyDuby

^^ lucky you!!
    Quote Back-Space View Post
    You've got vegan chicken noodle soup?
    Yeah, they come in little cups that you just add water to and microwave. Check your health food store!

Health food store? We've got a grocery store I think I've seen things like that before, but when I see chicken I just walk by it. I've just been looking at the veggie burgers so far. The other brand was Veggie Patch... Yves and Veggie Patch but I've never tried them and don't want to spend $10 on a couple of burger I might end up tossing out.

I've been making my own soup aswell with vegetable broth and some vegetables and beans. It just never tastes as good as the store bought stuff though.

RubyDuby

Does your store have a health food type section?
    I have the opposite opinion on soups!

Quote RubyDuby View Post
    Does your store have a health food type section?
    I have the opposite opinion on soups!
    We've got a fruits and vegetables section Lol, no it's just different sections for different foods. And drugs, and cleaners... We've got organic sections but that's about it.

I don't mind the soup that I make. My soups are really healthy since they're minus the meat, msg, and everything I use is organic, but I used to eat alot of that Campbells chicken noodle soup, and I keep comparing it to that.

I used to eat alot of that Campbells chicken noodle soup, and I keep comparing it to that.
    I like Amy's brand No-Chicken Noodle Soup. I haven't tried the chicken ones in the cups that Ruby has but the Amy's one I think would be close to Campbells. I don't know if you could find it near you though. Might be able to order it off vegan essentials though.

Yeah, we don't seem to have much of anything around here Except for organic foods though... I'm quite impressed with that. In London I bought organic apples and bananas, that was all I could really get my hands on. I've got organic carrots and spinach right now, all my canned beans are organic, and all my fruit and vegetables The only thing in my kitchen that isn't would be the bread and the peanut butter

I haven't been eating much of anything processed though. Whenever I have a craving for anything I usually just buy chips to atleast give me some flavour, that's why I was so interested when you said you had onion rings. I spent atleast 20 minutes a few weeks ago thinking "I could go for some nice greasy onion rings right now"

Yeah, we don't seem to have much of anything around here Except for organic foods though... I'm quite impressed with that. In London I bought organic apples and bananas, that was all I could really get my hands on. I've got organic carrots and spinach right now, all my canned beans are organic, and all my fruit and vegetables The only thing in my kitchen that isn't would be the bread and the peanut butter
    Congratulations, you've given a load of money to luddite organic certification boards that may well do more harm than good.

Quote Risker View Post
    Congratulations, you've given a load of money to luddite organic certification boards that may well do more harm than good.
    Could you expand on that? What's wrong with buying organic?