Thread: Just sayin'...

Talking Just sayin'...

It's all about vegan smores!

We ordered the chocolate and marshmallows at www.cosmosveganshoppe.com for our camping trip this past weekend, and we had left overs, so we've been cooking them up over the stove for the past few days. They're soooo good and so addicting! Hehe!

Default Re: Just sayin'...

So the marshmallows responded OK to heating, did they? Or don't you have to heat them for that recipe? I don't really know what smores are, but we have an on-going controversy here about whether those marshmallows are suitable for toasting

Quote harpy View Post
    I don't really know what smores are....
    Smores = graham cracker + chocolate + marshmellow + another graham cracker. The marshmellows are roasted over a fire/ bonfire/ stove and all squishy and melty and yummy. Then put in between the other ingredients. Amazing! I want some now!!
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

I vaguely know what graham crackers are but we don't have those either AFAIK. Deprived, aren't we? Still, that seems to answer the question about the marshmallows!

I was also wondering to whether or not they were able to be toasted when I saw them online. They toast wonderfully! They melt, and burn just like normal marshmallows, and in my opinion are even better tasting.

Never had a smore? Can you say deprived? lol
    Smores have been a tradition during summer camps since I was a tiny little girl. Little did I know the marshmallows they were using then were made from random animal parts.

I read that somewhere, when marshmallows were invented, that they were naturally vegan. They just basically had sugar, the marshmallow plant, and something else in them...
    But, whatever... I've been wanting some vegan marshmallows as well for this coming summer! (I wanna roast my marshmallows and make smores too. XD )
    Ninja hug! You never saw it coming!