Thread: NY, DC, Philadelphia,Chicago

Default NY, DC, Philadelphia,Chicago

Hi,
    I'm planning a trip to the US, mainly to visit my ex-host-family in Wisconsin, but I'm probably going to fly to New York and spend a couple of days there, as well as in Washington, Philadelphia and maybe Chicago before I go to WI. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips about the best vegan restaurants, interesting places that you think are really worth visiting(apart from the best-known tourist places). Also if you could share any other useful info about these cities, that'd be great. I'll probably be travelling by myself so I want to know as much as possible.
    Any ideas and tips appreciated.
    Thx,

Anna

Default Re: NY, DC, Philadelphia,Chicago

I live in D.C. The best restaurants/eateries for vegans that I've been to are Bus Boys & Poets (my favorite), Sticky Fingers Bakery (all-vegan) and Harmony Café (just because it's close by where I live and cheap). I've also heard that Java Green is really good and 99% of its offerings are vegan, they say. Kind of pricey, though... I'd say BB&P is also in the upper price ranges, but I've only been there once. I only went to BB&P when it was paid for by a group. I start a vegan outreach internship on Tuesday, so I may have some more ideas soon.
    "To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana." - Buddha

Default Re: NY, DC, Philadelphia,Chicago

Check out the Vegan New York thread! Plenty about restaurants there.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh