Thread: Any Oakland vegans?

Default Any Oakland vegans?

So, I'm taking a trip to Oakland to visit some friends this June and haven't been able to find much info about vegan eats in the area. I know there's LOADS of stuff in San Fran, but I'm not entirely certain how much access I'll have to that area during the course of my trip.
    I'll be staying somewhere near the McAfee Coliseum and be hugely grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of nearby vegan places, especially those accessible by public transportation. I'm especially interested in places selling vegan wraps or sandwiches so that I could grab a few and keep them in my fridge for subsequent dinners.

gmoney

Default Re: Any Oakland vegans?

hope you have fun in oakland! the best place i know of is called the lotus garden. they're vegan chinese food with all sorts of fake meats. they also have a lot of vegetable dishes if you're not into fake meats.

i'm super cheap, so i don't really go out to eat a lot, but i've been to a few of the places listed on this website: http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...nd&ns=1&rpp=10. i don't really know of anywhere with a lot of sandwich options, except for whole foods, which isn't really near public transportation aka the bart. i would definitely try lanesplitters pizza if you get a chance. it's awesome.