Thread: The Vegan Cook's Bible by Pat Crocker

Default The Vegan Cook's Bible by Pat Crocker

Just bought this, having browsed through it in a bookshop. I am so disappointed; I wish I had looked more carefully.
    Despite the title, the author is not a vegan, and in her various recommendations, she keeps mentioning fish! What kind of vegan bible is that?
    Other than that I suppose the recipes and nutritional info look ok, but I feel you can't have a vegan book that recommends fish - its just completely missing the point.

Default Re: The Vegan Cook's Bible by Pat Crocker

Can you not take it back?
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Seems to be in breach of the trade descriptions act! Maybe you could write a review on Amazon to warn other people? And, as Risker says, see if you can get your money back if you want.

That sounds crazy! With a title like that, recommending fish? What's going on? Good luck getting your money back. You should, you really should - and you should recommend that the bookshop returns all copies as flawed. You might just educate someone!

I see some reviewers on amazon.com have already taken issue with this aspect of the book, but no-one has on amazon.co.uk yet.

BlackCats

That's really annoying for you Verencemos.

I got a recipe book out of the library the other day called "The Vegan Diet" by David Scott and there are a few recipes that use honey.

I will see if they will take it back without the receipt. I have also found the author thinks one must combine grains and pulses to get a complete protein, which I think is pretty old fashioned thinking now.
    I might screw up my courage and let Waterstones know the book is flawed. Will certainly report it on amazon - good idea.
    Thanks for the feedback
    V

Definitely try and return the book and write to the publishers. This has been mentioned on two blogs that I know of, My Face is on Fire and Super Vegan.

I don't get why an omni would bother to write a vegan cookbook and then suggest fish and honey, does she not get what vegan means? There are plenty of better and real vegan cookbooks out there for us to buy.
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com