Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This Time, Matt Comes To Meet YOU

Default Re: This Time, Matt Comes To Meet YOU

Matt, I will attempt to cook for you, but I warn you I am a terrible terrible cook!

Y'all don't have to cook for me! And in any instance, I'd be helping out and maybe I'M a good cook!
    "cake is a good tool for the revolution!!!" - saycheezly

If you were heading the other way round to California via China, I could be on your map.

And hey, I have an axe murderer as a tat so nothing against them from me.
    the only animal ingredient in my food is cat hair

*live*&*let*live

Oh man this sounds soooo awesome! I very rarely envy folk but you got me!! And all the nice people you are gonna meet along the way! Make sure you take lots of pics and journal for prosperity!! Be an adventure to tell the relatives/grandchildren one day! If you ever come over to this side of the pond....

I AM on this side of the pond. I'm living in Brighton right now! I'm considering a quick UK tour next month, if I can afford it.

*live*&*let*live

Oh of course! I remember now, a while since I read the beginning of the thread. Let me know when and if we are not away then yay!

I bought my ticket back to the U.S. I'm leaving a little bit earlier than I originally planned--I will be in Boston on September 24th. So I will probably be in NYC sometime between the 27th-29th and stay for a week, bouncing between a few hosts (including a couple of friends who are not on this forum). Is that still all right for the people who said they could let me stay in NYC?

Oh just an update for those who don't know, I decided that I could also do a U.K. and mainland Europe tour, which I'm currently doing (I'm actually on a train to Edinburgh right now). So I'll be doing this until September and then onto Iceland and then Boston and starting this U.S. tour. Wheeee!

It's fine with me

Wow, have a great time!
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Iceland!!! I'm so jealous! Enjoy. You're fine to stay with me, but I'm on Long Island, about an hour from the city, so if it's too far out of the way I'll make a trip into the city and see all the NYC people!

Yeah I'm gonna be hanging out with Neptunus from this forum in Iceland. Should be quite excellent.

Terem, I think I'd quite like to spend some time on Long Island, so I may want to stay with you for a little bit even if you're away from the city. Like I said, I'd like to spend maybe around a week in the area by bouncing around between hosts, so that I'm not staying with anyone for too long (like 2 nights each at 3 or 4 people's places?).

Anyway, thanks Terem and DiaShel!

Sounds good

you can still stay with me at school in newark!

Update: I'll be in NYC from about Sept. 26 - Oct. 5. For the people who said they could let me stay with them in this area, which of these days would be most convenient? I've got about 4 people that I can stay with so I thought I'd divide time amongst you all so that I could see different parts of the area and also not stay too long at any one person's place. Who can let me stay on the 26th for two or three days?

I'm really looking forward to it! I'll be in the U.S. one week from today! Thanks again so much to everyone. I can't wait to meet you all!

i can! how do we go about planning this out? should i pm you my phone number or something?

I'll message you privately, Timberly. Thanks!

Weekend is better for me. I work early on weekdays and would have to kick your ass out.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

I'd like to use this opportunity to thank Matt publicly for being an outstanding guest here in my little corner of the world. He didn't brutally maim and kill me or anything.
    He also did a good job of cooking, and didn't frighten the children.
    Thumbs up for a great visit!
    "Neptunus, you've finally gone mental." ~ Stu

Yay! Good to know.

Are you still on the road matt? You really should tell us a bit about your adventures, having had us all jealous about your trip!
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Oh yes, I'm back home in California now. I'm obviously really bad at updating. Before I got to the U.S. I met up with Neptunus in Iceland and stayed with his family for a few days. We went to a film festival and had a really nice time wandering around Reykjavik.

So let's see... the first place I landed in the U.S. was Boston, and I met up with Eat Y'Self Fitter there. He's a very cool guy and we spent a couple of mellow days together, enjoying the city. Then I went to NYC where I met up with Timberly and her boyfriend, both of whom are incredibly kind. It was my first time in NYC and I loved it. Then I also met up with Terem and stayed with her family in Long Island, which was lovely. Then I went back to NYC for a few more days and met up with friends outside of this forum.

Umm... after NYC was Philadelphia. That was fun. One of the more historically oriented places in the U.S. I felt like there were a lot more similarities between the East Coast of the U.S. and Europe than there are between the East Coast and West Coast of the U.S., interestingly enough.

Yeah, I don't really know how to tell the rest of the trip interestingly. Each place was something different and I met a lot of really great people. What I gained from the whole thing is something that I don't really know how to put into words, so that makes it tricky to write about.

I went to all the places on the map from the previous page until I got to Austin, TX. I was about to continue on with my journey when there was a snowstorm that would have made traveling a lot more troublesome. By this time I was also just tired and a bit anxious to get home, so I flew back to California about 2 weeks earlier than I originally planned. But it was all good, and I still got to go to most of the places that I wanted to go to.

I didn't really take any pictures! I'm not very good or that interested in documenting stuff like this. I keep it all with me in my mind.

I miss the UK though, from time to time, which is to be expected. I'm sure I'll get back there someday.

Thanks for the update, it was good to hear about it.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell