Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bristol Vegan Fayre 2004

When I was dishing out the fayre flyers around town, an elderly lady approached me ( she looked like supergran to anyone who can remember the tv programme ) and had a vegan fayre programme in hand.

She wasn't veg*n and was aware what veggies don't eat but was curious where we get our protein from in a genuine kind of way. We had a lovely little chat, I explained that I was vegan, which surprised her ( ) and she used the " dear " word a lot as only supergrans can do.

She asked which direction she should go to get to the fayre, thanked me for the chat, shook my hand and off she went. Made my day. I thought I'd share that with you.

Quote snaffler
    None of the lot on here are included in this but I did come across some very rude bossy types who done nothing but puff and rant and push and get all bossy because they could not push by people fast enough......I got so annoyed with one woman who tried to push me out of the way I asked if she would like some Vallium or Prozack to calm her down
    One of the reasons I dislike shopping malls lol. Last week one woman was in such a hurry to cut me off that she didn't look where she was going and she caught my shoulder awfully hard. Luckilly I was watching where I was going and braced myself for it. Can't say the same for her. I bet she probably drives like that too! People just need to chill out!

Quote gertvegan
    When I was dishing out the fayre flyers around town, an elderly lady approached me ( she looked like supergran to anyone who can remember the tv programme ) and had a vegan fayre programme in hand.

She wasn't veg*n and was aware what veggies don't eat but was curious where we get our protein from in a genuine kind of way. We had a lovely little chat, I explained that I was vegan, which surprised her ( ) and she used the " dear " word a lot as only supergrans can do.

She asked which direction she should go to get to the fayre, thanked me for the chat, shook my hand and off she went. Made my day. I thought I'd share that with you.
    Theres a sketch on Little Britain about a young man getting chummy with old ladies LOL only kidding mate, serious though that is good news as a lot of older folk are very much lard for cakes and meat and two veg for a main meal.

And often ask if you are ill because you don't eat meat, times are changing for the better across the board, I have noticed a large increase in Old Lady Animal Rights Activists at Demos etc in the past, As for boxing day hunt sabbing which gets busy they come out in hordes to support sabs and shout at the hunt.....
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

It is estimated that over 5000 people attended the fayre on Saturday. Vegan times are changing alright.

A little birdie told me today that the Bristol Vegan Fayre was not just the biggest in Bristol ever, not just the biggest in the UK ever, but the biggest Vegan fayre in the world. The same venue held an organic fayre earlier in the summer and that was supposed to be the biggest of its kind.

Them vegan times are changing.

wow that's so cool.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Default From www.yaoh.co.uk

Over 80 stalls representing every aspect of the vegan lifestyle were present, and there was also a wide variety of talks and entertainment. The huge amount of visitors was a testament to the massive rise in interest of all things vegan, and also the hard work of the organisers, sponsors, stallholders and supporters. In a word, teamwork.

Plans are already afoot for the next Bristol Vegan Fayre, to be held at the L Shed on October 29th 2005. Entrance is free and further information will be posted on this site in early 2005. The show will once again be organised by Yaoh, with sponsorship from Essential, Wild Oats, Health Unlimited, Beanies and also the Vegan Society, who are holding their AGM in Bristol the day after. Our special guests for 2005 will be The Bristol Cancer Help Centre, who are celebrating their 25th year, and Vegfam, who are feeding the hungry without exploiting animals.

Special thanks to our sponsors, speakers, stallholders, entertainers and advertisers for their support for the show, and to all our visitors for making the day such a success.