Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Vegan Fayre 2004

Exclamation Bristol Vegan Fayre 2004

Yaoh has teamed up with Viva!, the worlds biggest animal rights group, to present the 2nd Bristol Vegan Fayre on October 30th 2004, at the L- Shed, Bristol. With over 80 businesses and organisations expected, representing every aspect of the Vegan lifestyle, the show boast a fat line up of entertainment and education, with a full kids area, stage, bands, DJ's, comedians, clowns and magicians complementing the busy talks and demos area, which sees Gareth Zeal, nutritional adviser to Manchester City FC, Robbie Hazeley (vegan bodybuilder), Mike Abrahams (Wild Oats), Juliet Gellatley (Viva!) and a host of others deliver a wide range of information. With loads of free tastings, a cocktail bar, comfy area, cafes , juice bars and a whole lot more, this really is a good day out for all the family - and best of all, its free!

Are you going to the fayre snaffler ?

I will be coming along to the Bristol Vegan Fair No Worries - This will be the first VEGAN fair I would have ever gone to, I do not know why I have never been to one.

I guess that all my visits have been to AR demos and related events along those lines up to now and of course October 1st is Hunting Season so I may have been out sabbing.

See you there - by the way I know Bristol Pretty well but any chance of a Multi-Map link please
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Not multimap, but a good enough link. HERE.

Cheers Gert

Talking

I am defiantly going! I can’t wait it sounds wicked! I have even put all the information about it on the Birmingham vegan meet up group message board www.vegan.meetup.com/142/ for those Brummies wanting to check it out. There is even a free bus there if people ring up and book a place. I have even put up posters around my uni to try get people interested! We should all be going, get a big crowd and show people that there are more of us than people think!

I AM SO EXCITED! Sorry I just can’t believe that I am going to be surround by like minded people and all those GOODIES is making my mouth is water just thinking about it!

Thanks Trendygirl, you're a star.

Excellent, i'm definitely going, i'm really looking forward to it too.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I'm only 1 hour away from Bristol and hoping to go to the fayre. Never been to a vegan fayre before so looking forward to picking up lots of tips.

moonbeamzzz

Smile mouth watering description

hi there vegan brothers and sisters!my partner lisa and i re definately going to the bristol vegan fayre!we went last year and it was like landing on planet vegan-didnt want to leave!but hey now i/we have this forum,planet vegan is here 24/7 and...its good to be home!feel like a vegan festival veteran,lol-been to 2 in london,1 in bristol and 1 in manchester!there are always lots of inspiring speakers,amazing stalls(i have t shirtitis and have bought 3 so far,my fav is my meat is murdr one which i love to wear as often as possible as it is thought provoking to the general public),and lots of yummy food(especially cocoa tree chocolate )anyway,hope ive whetted your appetites for a soul-quenching bristol vegan fayre see you all there?with vegan flavoured emotion from ruthie.xxx.

Talk schedule for the Fayre.

Freidenstien Howard - Vegfam 'The Vegan Lifestyle and the Developing World' 11AM
    Jill Swyers 'Benefits of Living Foods' 11.30AM
    Gareth Zeal 'Vegan Sports Nutrition' 12 NOON
    Tony Wardle - Viva! '5 Easy Steps To Going Vegan' 12.30PM
    Mike Abrahams - Wild Oats 'Vegan Nutrition' 1PM
    Juliet Gellatley - Viva! 'Pregnancy, Babies and the Vegan Lifestyle' 1.30PM
    Babi Chana - Regency Practice 'Benefits of Essential Fatty Acids' 2PM
    Clare Benjamin - Bristol Cancer Help Centre 'The Bristol Approach' 2.30PM
    Juliet Gellatley - Viva! 'Why You Don't Need Dairy' 3PM
    Geoff Thomas - Dr Hadwen's Trust 'Alternatives to Animal Testing' 3.30PM
    Patrick Browne - Vegan Organic Trust 'Growing Vegan Organic' 4PM
    Derek Bielby - HempUnion 'The Devon Hemp Harvest 2004 4.30PM
    Dr Gina Shaw - 'Rewrite your life through fast and raw food' 5PM

Looking forward to it loads

Theres also.

Cooking vegan for xmas by Barbara French - 10AM
    Vegan body building demo by Pete and Robbie - 11AM
    Making smoothies and hemp milk with Tim from Yaoh - 12 NOON
    Another chance to catch Man City FC nutritionist Gareth again - 2PM

Plus: Food Tastings * Cocktail Bar * Kids Area * Live Bands * Chill Out DJ’s * Comfy Zone * Cafes * Juice Bars * Magicians * Clowns * Comedians * Movies.

I'll try and get a link to the programme.

Childishly excited gert.

Default Bristol Vegan Fayre Full Line Up

Here is a PDF file for the Bristol Vegan Fayre, this was sent over to me from Gert who has asked me to put it up for all to see - due to my web space restriction it will only be online until the end of the month.

Bristol Vegan Fayre Programme

To open this document you will need Acrobat Reader which you can download free of charge from here

Acrobat Reader

Thanks snaffler, take a bow.

Pete and Robbie are doing the Vegan body building talk on the main stage at 12pm and not a demo or song/dance routine as previously mentioned. They will have a stall there with new info/advice sheets t-shirts etc

No reason for this post other than to Bring this to the top of the Pile to let everyone know it is just a few days away now......

Se get on Dowwwn (down in a drawn out Whitchurch style) Ta Brizle Youngen and get E some gert lush vegan grub.

If you're going to the fayre, and you see someone dressed up in a big bright orange carrott outfit, that'll be me. Do come and say hello.

The best way to make sure you meet up with other vegan forumers is to swap mobile numbers and text them when you arrive. I know most people have done that already.

4 days to go and counting.

Oh, the carrott outfit, only kidding.

I've just read the fayre programme and it sounds great. Really looking forward to it.

Quote gertvegan

oh i was looking forward to saying hello to a carrot

PinkFluffyCloud

I really wish I was going........will you all be addressing each other by your forum names??
    I hope you will all write about it afterwards so the rest of us will feel like we were there!

Quote gertvegan
    If you're going to the fayre, and you see someone dressed up in a big bright orange carrott outfit, that'll be me. Do come and say hello.

The best way to make sure you meet up with other vegan forumers is to swap mobile numbers and text them when you arrive. I know most people have done that already.

4 days to go and counting.

LOL Gert Carrot cool you will be easy to find to get these shirts then LOL I can't wait.

Just another more serious note to avoide getting your £££££ shredded from your pockets if you are coming by car use the Brislington Park & Ride it's cheap as chips.

All the info is here Gert Park & Ride Place In Brizzle

Theres also the gert Long Ashton Park & Ride to the South West of the City me babber. Or the A4 Portway Park & Ride to the North West of the City me luvver.

See you there.

Default All This Bristle Talk Reminded I

If anyone is wonder what we B yack on about my babbers in all this Bristle Yabber Check out these links it will out a gert smile on your muttons

The Bristle
    A Dictionary of Bristle

It be a right gooden luver

to anyone going to bristol fest today - ENJOY YOURSELVES - tell the rest of us all about it

Kevster

Hope you all have a great day out, and yes tell us how it went,

Cheers,

Kev

Have Fun, Keep us updated! Post pictures!

IT WAS AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much to try and errm Buy if you had the pennies I just got so tired taking it all in, even though being vegan is not new to me, vegan fayres are as I have never gone to one always AR Demos etc.

It was really nice meeting all the Guys & Gals from this message board who went down - hats off to those who came so far as well.

What else can I say but cracking I will be going next year definate.

Cheers to Gert Vegan for all your help with parking etc....and of course the shirts all fit a treat cheers.

Sorry No Photos like a bucket head I am I forgot to take me camera......bugger

Just visualise with our words......

The Choc Orange Vegan Fudge Cake Was Like Blissssssssssssssss in bowl

PinkFluffyCloud

Oh, I am so jealous!!
    Who else did you meet from the forum, Snaffler - what were they like - quick, spill the beans before they arrive home!!!

Kevster

'The Choc Orange Vegan Fudge Cake Was Like Blissssssssssssssss'

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I met a Gorilla, a Celtic Rose, a trendygirl, a snaffler and girlfriend, a moonbeamzzz, and a DorissySieveBrain. Sadly I didn't meet anyone who was bulletproof though. I also met the local vegan society contact, congratulated Café Maitreya on winning The Best Gourmet Vegetarian Restaurant award, and learnt that I can celebrate world vegan day with Viva! at a local restaurant.

I spent about 6 hours leafleting for the fayre in various parts of the City, speaking to some very interesting people, and didn't get any flack at all. I was only supposed to do it for 1 1/2 hours but enjoyed it so much I couldn't stop.

I didn't have time to catch any of the movies or talks, but did manage to buy some pukka teas, Manner chocolate waffers, Viva orange creme chocs, and a couple of jars of chocoreale. Well I had to get my priorities right.

The venue was maybe 3 times as big as last year but was sooooo busy it could've been as big again. I'll post any pics that I find. Viva! or Yaoh are bound to have some.

Vegan times are changing for sure. I'm looking forward to next year already and to meeting more vegan forumers at the xmas without cruelty fayre.

ps I also saw Rubber Ritchie.

I feel sick …..I’ve eaten too much free vegan food, I kept on going back for more! I had such a good time though!!!! I was so excited about the feyer that I couldn’t sleep until 4am last night, yes I know that I’m a little sad but I had never been to a vegan event like this before. It has made my month! I’m off to bed now to recover but I will fill you in on everything 2mor!

P.S I was stocked that I got to meet you guys from the forum! I just wish that I could have spent more time talking to you guys but there was just so much to see

hmm i wasn't aware of much free food, probably because most of it had been eaten by the time i arrived at 3. i had no credit to text anyone backi was just hoping someone would ring me or there would be a phone box but it didn't happen, so after having a brief look around by myself i decided i may as well help viva! with handing out leaflets- so i did. it was good, there were lots of vegan things to buy and petitions to sign... but i am disappointed i couldn't meet you all

PinkFluffyCloud

Bulletproof - what are you like!!
    Tried to PM you again but your box is full, so to speak!
    I am so envious of you all, haven't been to anything like that in ages!

sorry, i don't know how to delete messages- what do u mean 'so to speak'?

I'm glad you guys had fun! I'm looking forward to someone posting pictures! I love pictures!

I wonder if there is anything like that here, in the good old US of A.

PinkFluffyCloud

Bulletproof - I just meant that your PM box is full - it just sounded a bit rude to me with my schoolgirl humour.
    Just click on any message you have, scroll down, and below it you'll see an option to 'delete this message'. Click on the box, and agree to delete. Then you'll have some space left.

sounds great fun, and the food sounds mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! glad so many of you managed to meet up...(bulletproof = )

more feedback please!

we those of you who met surprised at the 'real faces' behind the avatars??

PinkFluffyCloud

Yes, it takes a woman to fully set the scene, doesn't it, Cedar!!

Thumbs up

Excellent day out!

The place was heaving!! So much to see and try. Couldn't get near the free food for ages!

Stayed for hours. Met loads of folks from the forum (snaffler & partner, gorilla & partner, gertvegan, trendygirl, moonbeamzz & dorissysievebrain) which was really great.

Congratulations to the organisers it was a great success.
    And big thanks to gertvegan for directions (even though I did get lost - natual state of affairs for me).

Viva are doing a roadshow so maybe they'll be near you. Venues include: Brighton, Solihull, Manchester, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Southampton, Newcastle, Sheffield, Plymouth, Oxford and Canterbury.

Brilliant, well worth going, definitely go again.

inbox no longer full

PinkFluffyCloud

Good, bulletproof. Can't actually remember my exact PM, think it was just sorry for being bossy!!
    Glad you went to the festival!

lol, ok, um.. forgiven

It was amazing! 39 of us took the coach to the festival and we all had a great time. I enjoyed all the free samples of vegan food, especially the chocolate! I ate more than my fair share and since I had already had a upset stomach from eating too much bread I felt very sick by the time I got home Bread is now band from my diet!

I brought home some real yummy food which my boyfriend tried to munch on, since he was too lazy to come to Bristol with me with me. Gertvegan was very kind to let me have a sample of CC’s care package! I can’t wait to try them but I’ll have to wait until all the bread is out of my system.

There were two vegan bodybuilders at the feyer, they were massive and I’ve been telling all my housemates about them. I wish I had a picture of them to show them and you lot.

well here is my review of the fayre!

got up at 5am to get the train, luckily there were no delays, arrived at Bristol at about 11:00 but got lost trying to find the place (despite gert's directions!). met up with gert, Celtic Rose, Moonbeamzzz & Dorissysievebrain, Trendygirl and Snaffler & Sooz Sorry bulletproof that i did not get to see you

found it rather busy (a little overwhelming at times) and didn't really get to look at much, as every time i tried to look at something people kept pushing me out of the way - i'm not very assertive i guess i should've pushed back! managed to pick up some food and drink samples, some muffins, chocolate truffles and stuff. didn't get to see any of the talks unfortunately.

thanks to gert for also sharing some of CC's care package stuff with me

i was rather amused that the guys doing the hemp seed milk demo were holding a competition to 'guess the name of the gorilla' like guess the weight of the cake sort of thing LOL

got home at about 10:00 and went straight to bed, spent most of today chilling out and recovering! a great day though, now i'm looking forward to Christmas Without Cruelty, hope to see more of you guys there
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

PinkFluffyCloud

Gorilla, was everyone as you'd imagined??
    I'm fascinated!

well PFC, i'd expected everyone to be lovely, and i wasn't disappointed! sorry if that sounds cheesy, but all the guys were so friendly and it was great they actually wanted to talk to me!

PinkFluffyCloud

Not cheesy, lovely!!

I though everyone was really friendly and welcoming I expected nothing else really the personalities are as they are on here really.....
    None of the lot on here are included in this but I did come across some very rude bossy types who done nothing but puff and rant and push and get all bossy because they could not push by people fast enough......I got so annoyed with one woman who tried to push me out of the way I asked if she would like some Vallium or Prozack to calm her down .

No but, serious every one was really nice.......looked around all day for that idiot who calls himself snaffler never saw him once....I think he showed his face for a moment in Toilet by the mirror at the wash basin

We are going to try and do the Xmas Cruelty Fayre if the £££ allow.