Thread: Vegan ice creme in Birmingham

treaclemine

Default Vegan ice creme in Birmingham

Calling vegans in the English Midlands!

Did you know that Sweet Creams, the ice cream parlour in Harborne, Birmingham, does vegan-suitable sorbet (e.g. no egg white) and sometimes, vegan ice creme! (based on soy, almond or coconut milks)?

I was in there yesterday, and I had ginger sorbet :-) They are planning to source vegan cones, too.

Best of all, if you suggest a flavour and they make it, they will email you to come in for a free scoop:

http://www.sweet-creams.co.uk/

"If you have a flavour you would like SWEET CREAMS to try and create, Then E-mail it to us using the form below. If we pick your flavour
    you will receive a FREE scoop!!!"

If each vegan emails in with an explicitly VEGAN request for flavours, they will get a better picture of the demand for vegan ice creme, and they might even start having vegan ice creme all the time on their standard menu (they already always have a vegan-suitable sorbet) :-)))

Pass it on ...

Default Re: Vegan ice creme in Birmingham

Good find - thanks

Possibly a bit out of the way for me (I like ice-cream, but possible not *that* much), but will certainly bear it in mind (bare? bear?) if ever in the vicinity.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Stu

A free scoop? Are we supposed to be excited about that? Stingy or what!?

Other than that: sounds pretty good.

I made my own icecream. It was too sweet! I guess I used dates, water and soya milk, probably using too many dates!

Oops missed this thread - not near to me but we do drive through Harbourne some Sundays so Il have to see if I can get parents to drive via this place to try the vegan ice cream. Diabetic range would be good for Dad too.

Have emailed a flavour idea and also general one to say Its great they are making vegan sorbet/ice cream and can they keep the vegan items on.

Have had a reply hope they make more ice cream thats vegan if Its so popular!

Think if Im going - will only go if we go on route to visit family as too hard to get to otherwise but I might have to see what bus goes there from Brum if there is vegan choc caramel ripple in stock

Here is the reply:

Hi, thanks for your inquiry, we currently have 2 vegan ice creams in stock : chocolate caramel ripple (made with soya cream ) and pina colada (made with coconut milk).
    Unfortunatly our stock of vegan ice cream runs out very quickly as there is a very high demand for it.
    I will keep you as a copntact on my list and will send you an e-mail each time I make up a new batch.
    Many thanks, Naomi.