Thread: Nutritional Drinks needed (replacement of Ensure, Boost, EAS, etc.)

Question Nutritional Drinks needed (replacement of Ensure, Boost, EAS, etc.)

Hello,
    I was happy to find your site. Over the years I have had some medical setbacks.

Many years ago, in medical recovery from surgery setbacks, I was advised recommended to drink ENSURE cans as I could not digest easily. This was very helpful. I thought they were dairy free, but been misled by the ingredient: CALCIUM CASEINATES.

Though I do not have to gain weight this time, I would like to take a similar type of nutritional drink in a short recovery. I went to several drug stores where they sell ENSURE. While looking at BOOST, EAS, and other nutritional drinks or sports/musle building drinks, they all seemed to have this same ingredient, but followed with note about powdered form of mulk in parenthesis.

I can not find any other similar drinks that I can buy in the area that are similar (can or small bottles, ready to drink) nutirtional drinks that are DAIRY FREE (not just glucose free). I'd think that there would be soy powder as an ingredient instead of the Calcium Caseinates aplenty, but have had no luck.

Any and all advice on products ready to drink, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Default Re: Nutritional Drinks needed (replacement of Ensure, Boost, EAS, etc.)

What about Vega? http://sequelnaturals.com/en/%252Fve...tures-benefits

You don't have to buy a massive container of it. They also sell it in single serve packages.

Default Re: Nutritional Drinks needed (replacement of Ensure, Boost, EAS, etc.)

Thanks, Roxy, for your response. ) I may try this.
    Over the weekend I did a lot of research and talking to people, esp. at Whole Foods, who were very helpful. (Some shift staff weren't knowledgeable, some were very helpful, and different locations.)

I am trying single packs of a few different things. Though I had hoped to have ready made cans, I found the packs of powder weren't too troublesome, though you have to mix them really well.

This is the first one I tried, which seems very nutritional and fully vegan; only problem was that the strong taste of WHEAT GRASS (which is pretty new to me) was overwhelming, and though I brushed and gargled so many times, it stayed on my tongue for two days: Amazing Grass: AMAZING MEAL (in pouch)

http://www.amazinggrass.com/amazing-meal-chocolate.html
    I bought it at Whole Foods, and it was $2.99 for a single, small pouch, which is quite pricey! But may try the bottle/jar if I decide to continue.

Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion is a powerful and satisfying blend of Green SuperFoods, plant based protein, phytonutrient rich fruits & vegetables, digestive enzymes and probiotics. For a nutritional breakdown see below.
    · 10 grams of complete protein, 6 grams of fiber in every serving.
    · Full spectrum of Green SuperFoods – wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa & kale.
    · Organic Super Fruits – Goji & Açaí berries.
    · Great source of chlorophyll, antioxidants and essential fatty acids.
    · 100% whole food nutrition – no fillers or isolated vitamins.

Main Ingredients

Protein Blend - 15,000 mg
    Organic Hemp Protein Powder, Organic Rice Protein
    Greens Blend - 3,100 mg
    Organic Wheat Grass, Organic Barley Grass, Organic Kale, Organic Alfalfa

Antioxidant Fruit & Vegetable Blend - 2,800 mg
    Organic Açaí, Organic Carrot, Organic Blueberry, Organic Goji, Organic Rose Hips, Organic Maca, Organic Banana

Organic Flax Seed Powder - 500 mg
    Digestive enzyme blend - 20 mg

Other Ingredients
    Organic Cane Juice, Organic Guar Gum, Organic Red Dutch Cooca, Sea Salt & Natural Flavors

================================================== ==
    Then after that, I tried the Whole Foods Protein Powder (Natural Chocolate Flavor). This tasted just like chocolate milk from my childhood.Tastes very good, but on the pouch, it says VEGETARIAN instead of VEGAN, though no listed dairy/derives of meat in it. Much more affordable as single pouch was $1.39. I don't have text typed of ingredients, but you can probably find it online. They don't sound as fresh like fruits/vegies as Amazing Grass.
    Then, I went back and listed some others I have to go back and try out soon. The Vegan is on the list too.