Thread: How is your journey going?

Default How is your journey going?

...for those interested in eating raw??

Default Re: How is your journey going?

Mine Failed! HAhaha i had a huge plan and starting date but it didnt work out. I need to start again but have no encouragement

i've just started up again this week!! i'm really seriously going to do it this time, and longer than a week. i can do it!! i can do it!!!!

Edit: so apparently i didn't bring enough food to work with me, or the right kind, i'm not really a feel good on fruit type of person and i didn't have any veggies at home so i'm starving right now. so i ate 3 corn chips...i may go ahead and eat my forth peach of the day though... i feel like sick hungry, i'm going to the market after work to hopefully get avocados and greens. UGH!.
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

Hmm, mine is up n down right now. I was almost 100% raw in February and then I think I started losing it in March/April. I still manage to start the day with bananas with a smoothie for mid-morning and usually a salad for lunch, the rest of the day is usually cooked and we've been having more vegan meet ups which I eat cooked food at.

I would really like to get back on track but it's getting much cooler here and my salad at lunch just is not appetising, so I've been making rice paper rolls (raw veggies, non-raw rice paper and sweet chilli sauce) or getting avocado sushi rolls.

How about you, cedar?
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

I'm trying to introduce more raw foods into John's, mine and the kid's diet. Now that the warmer months are here, it's a lot easier

i'm disppointed that i'm not doing better with eating raw - it's just so chilly at the moment, i am craving hot, stew, pie, bake, warming dinners.

i hope to start slowly again, increasing the raw day by day.

just thought i'd bump the thread.

Ive just got interested in the eating raw,but I simply dont know how to start. Saturday my day consisted of fruit and a bit of salad and Sunday more or less the same! Is there more to it that fruit and salad?? please forgive my ignorance I havent really looked into it,but I would be very gratefull for any help as I really dont like the idea of just eating fruit and salad everyday!
    We all love animals. So why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" ~k.d. lang

JC

I'm trying high raw again, but it's not going so good. When i'm at my parents house it's great because there are blenders, juicers, sprouters etc and a good supply of salad, fruit and my stash of superfoods. Here though (i'm on placement and living in... well, a squat, frankly) there's only basic equipment - the closest i get to livening things up is with a grater. So my diet is pretty basic right now - i'm on (whole) fruit for breakfast, salad with tofu for lunch and then again for dinner, and nuts as snacks. I try to make my salads interesting by adding vinegar dressing, sundried tomatoes, yeast flakes, seeds and shop-bought spouts if i can find them, so i do enjoy them, but i'm thinking that it won't be long until i get bored and go back to my old cooked ways. On a positive note, i found essene bread today, which i'm assuming is raw? It's expensive for only a small amount, but worth it in the long run. I'm also looking forward to booking myself in for a colonic when i go home for good!

Try reading some of Arnold Ehrets stuff. He has really helped me out alot. It's really hard to be all raw. I usually shoot for some all raw days and sprinkle in some 85% raw days. I usually have some barley green in the morning and some carrot juice around 10am. I eat only fruit for lunch and I have a salad and some cooked food in the evening. Usually something like a baked potato(sweet usually) or some cooked non starchy veggies.
    Sometimes I eat raw almonds with raisins or another dried fruit. Love dates and prunes!!
    I save having a pasta dish for special occasions like when we go out to eat with friends.

Just have fun with it and don't be too hard on yourselves.
    Another good book to help transition is "Intuitive Eating" by Humbart "Smokey" Santillo.

Good luck.

I want to eat more raw foods. My goal is to reach around 50% raw. This winter has been filled with junk food. I cant wait to boost my body with a healthy diet. My only problem is time. . . It feels easier to make junk food. But junk food makes me tired. I want to eat more fruit, nuts, salads, raw soups, raw cakes and smoothies with almond milk.

JC

It can be hard to get out of a junk food rut, can't it? The junk food makes you tired and (for me) un-motivated, so eating healthily seems like a huge deal, when it really isn't. I think you just have to force yourself, like jumping into a cold pool. You'll know you'll feel so much better once you're in That said, don't jump in at the deep end! 50% is a great target, i remember when i first heard of raw, probably this time last year actually, i just cut everything cooked from my diet and survived on salads and nuts for a week. Needless to say, i was pretty drained by the end of it and went straight back to cooked. Now i've done a lot more reading, i have a few un-cook books and i'm only going at the pace that's right for me now.

Belleadonna, thank you for the advice! I'll take a look at those books

double muddle.
    Problematic is waking someone whom pretends to sleep.

I'm not especially aiming for a raw diet, but pretty much every day I eat a jug load of diced raw carrots, with chopped nuts, tabasco, a spoon full of molasses plus other bits. I make that an average of half a kilogramme of raw carrots per day for about a year now...yes I am orange.
    Someone has been kindly supplying me with three iceberg lettuce each week, which is nice.

I have posted a picture like this on about four threads here :

Seriously JC, sprouting lentils is much easier than a piece of cake... you only need a cloth to wrap them in [pillowcase], and somewhere for the water to drip. These things are so soft [in a pert, crunchy kind of way].

Last edited by whalespace; Mar 2nd, 2010 at 10:25 AM.

Wow, that's alot of sprouts!!

Transitioning from cooked to raw hard if you do it all at once. I find that cutting out certain food groups first helps. Inuitive Eating has a really good section on that.

If you have been all vegan for a long time it shouldn't be such a jump. But I allow myself the luxury of cooked for one meal. If I make hard and fast rules for myself I find that I slip back into bad eating habits too much.

One rule that I do have is to stay away from processed foods!! Bad stuff.

that certainly IS a LOT of sprouts!!

i have committed to a green smoothie for breakfast this week and am keeping to it so far.

i've varied it daily but with a constant base of bananas and spinach. i then add seeds and another fruit; today it was bananas, spinach, water, pumpkin seeds and mango. mmmmmmm

I think that amount of sprouts sprang from a kilo of 'dry' lentils. They last me four days...yielding about fifty grammes of protein per day [similar carbohydrate, but bear in mind that the plant is using its resources to germinate].

I definitely want capsicum peppers today.

I went off raw onions for a while....they made me thirsty at night time. I think I will eat them earlier, and soak them in water to milden [?] them.

Have been following a raw diet for coming up to a week now, to tail off a cleanse of sorts. Has been fun! And stumbled on some really tasty eats & treats.

Will hopefully include more raw meals in my usual eating habits from here on out.
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Good job everyone!! I am trying to mix things up so that I am not eating the same things everyday. I tend to get bored if I eat the same stuff everyday. I usually don't eat breakfast anyway but I mix up lunch and dinner so that sometimes at lunch I just eat all fruit and eat salad and cooked veggies for dinner and then sometimes I switch it around. Keeps my tiny little mind amused!!

Quote JC View Post
    It can be hard to get out of a junk food rut, can't it? The junk food makes you tired and (for me) un-motivated, so eating healthily seems like a huge deal, when it really isn't. I think you just have to force yourself, like jumping into a cold pool. You'll know you'll feel so much better once you're in That said, don't jump in at the deep end! 50% is a great target, i remember when i first heard of raw, probably this time last year actually, i just cut everything cooked from my diet and survived on salads and nuts for a week. Needless to say, i was pretty drained by the end of it and went straight back to cooked. Now i've done a lot more reading, i have a few un-cook books and i'm only going at the pace that's right for me now.

Thanks for the advice

Yes, its hard ...and at the same time my body is craving healthy food and unhealthy food. I still have my daily amount of sugar, but its less and less. I eat a lot more veggie soups (not raw, but healthy), salads, fruits and nuts. I bought a coulorful bowl and filled it with bananas, apples and oranges And I have more energy already.

I am around 20% raw at the moment. I actually got pimple outbreak when I started to eat more raw and more healthy food. The woman in my local health food shop told me to not worry and that its my body getting rid of toxins.