Thread: Does anyone NOT suffer from hayfever?

Default Does anyone NOT suffer from hayfever?

Just looking through the Hayfever thread and it seems to be just about every regular poster on there!
    It's not something i've ever suffered from but i grew up in the countryside and work outside, maybe that's it or maybe i'm just lucky, who knows?
    But am i in the minority in that i've never had it?
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

nature|nurture

Default Re: Does anyone NOT suffer from Hayfever?

Neither have I.
    But I grew up in a huge city.

I don't suffer from hayfever as such.

I get a version of hayfever in September/October. It started in 1995 and nothing seems to mitigate it. It's weird. It's survived a change of country as well as a complete change of wardrobe, almost complete change of furniture, complete change of other furnishings, complete change of companion animals.

The only constant factors involved are me and my OH.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

helen105281

Last edited by helen105281; Jun 29th, 2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: BB done it again.

Quote DavidT View Post
    I don't suffer from hayfever as such.

I get a version of hayfever in September/October. It started in 1995 and nothing seems to mitigate it. It's weird. It's survived a change of country as well as a complete change of wardrobe, almost complete change of furniture, complete change of other furnishings, complete change of companion animals.

The only constant factors involved are me and my OH.
    When you say change of country do you mean climate as well?
    Or was it just countries in the UK with similar flora?

Buddha Belly

Nope. Don't have anything like that or allergies at all. Grew up in a town and the country, worked outdoors from 17 - now.

I have hayfever.

I've lived in 8 counties in England and Scotland, from rural to inner city. It was at its worst (by quite a long way) when I was under 18, non vegetarian, living in the Southeast in the countryside.

I could claim it's linked to my diet of the time, but it may well be something to do with either the area or my age.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    I have hayfever.

I've lived in 8 counties in England and Scotland, from rural to inner city. It was at its worst (by quite a long way) when I was under 18, non vegetarian, living in the Southeast in the countryside.

I could claim it's linked to my diet of the time, but it may well be something to do with either the area or my age.
    That's odd that! Most folk i know that have it only got symptoms as they got older, well into their 20's kinda thing.
    It was almost unheard of when i was a kid, but seems to be getting more and more common in younger people!

Thanks
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

I've never had hayfever, I don't live in the countryside and I've never particularly been an outdoorsy person (all of my jobs have been indoor ones). I actually don't know anybody who does have hayfever!
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Quote gogs67 View Post
    When you say change of country do you mean climate as well?
    Or was it just countries in the UK with similar flora?
    From Yorkshire to the west of Ireland.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Never had it thankfully, 'twould be a bit of a bugger given my penchant for gardening and having a job where I work outside the year round.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Never had anything like that myself, famous last words, and have always been a townie.

My m-in-l developed hayfever in her late 30s or early 40s (after moving from London to the sort-of country - well, rural-ish Essex); hers has got a bit better since. My OH developed a pollen allergy (to a particular tree pollen so it only lasts a week or so), also we think in his 40s, while living in London (but he too was in Essex for a bit when growing up).

I don't have hayfever either but the other half does - really really bad. He has to fashion 'tampons' out of tissues to stick up his nose before he goes to bed. Charming

I used to suffer quite badly as a teenager. But I seem to have grown out of it in recent years. I lived in a rural area then and still do.
    ~ Don't think twice, it's all right ~

Quote jimmeh View Post
    I don't have hayfever either but the other half does - really really bad. He has to fashion 'tampons' out of tissues to stick up his nose before he goes to bed. Charming
    Has he tried putting Vaseline (or similar) inside his nostrils? That's meant to work as well and might be more aesthetically pleasing for you I have never managed to get mine to try it though

Quote harpy View Post
    Has he tried putting Vaseline (or similar) inside his nostrils? That's meant to work as well and might be more aesthetically pleasing for you I have never managed to get mine to try it though
    Yes, but I think I'd rather he use the tampons than stick his finger repeatedly in my tub of vaseline and then up his snotty nose.

He says that it only gets bad when I mention that he has hayfever. I can't win!

Quote gogs67 View Post
    Just looking through the Hayfever thread and it seems to be just about every regular poster on there!
    It's not something i've ever suffered from but i grew up in the countryside and work outside, maybe that's it or maybe i'm just lucky, who knows?
    But am i in the minority in that i've never had it?
    I don't, of course people who suffer from it are most likely to read and respond to it. Unfortunately with this and many other ailments it results in loads of positive anecdotal evidence of treatments which is all too often accepted as fact over scientific evidence.

Quote jimmeh View Post
    Good for him, better than spending loads on tampon shaped lumps of plastic with lightbulbs on the end like medinose.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Quote Risker View Post
    I don't.
    You do, just not directly .

*goes back to moaning about her hayfever*

Quote Risker View Post
    Good for him, better than spending loads on tampon shaped lumps of plastic with lightbulbs on the end like medinose.
    oh they're weird....

Quote harpy View Post
    Has he tried putting Vaseline (or similar) inside his nostrils?
    i've tried that but unfortunately it doesn't work

i never had hayfever as a kid, but it suddenly started when i was about 18/19. i've always lived in the southeast, in semi-rural or urban areas. this year has been one of the worst so far.

Default Re: Does anyone NOT suffer from hayfever?

I've always lived in Hampshire and always in the-bit-between-they-city-and-the-countryside and have never had hayfever (touch wood). My dad gets these hysterical and disgusting sneezing fits though (seriously, I've never seen anyone sneeze as much as he does) and spends most of the summer wearing sunglasses because apparently it helps.

I don't really have any allergies that I know of though.

I'm 22 and have only ever worked indoors, so who knows, maybe in a few years time this pollen related affliction will come after me!

Default Re: Does anyone NOT suffer from hayfever?

I don't suffer with hayfever and I have always lived in the country. Having said that, last year I had a totally random bout over a few weeks and it went as quickly as it came...