Thread: Soy Creamer in the UK

Default Soy Creamer in the UK

Anybody know where to get it??
    I've looked everywhere online, and in local health food shops, to no avail!!

Is there a good source to buy it?

Default Re: Soy Creamer in the UK

Isn't soy creamer just what americans call soya cream?

If it is then Alpro fresh stuff is in larger sainsburys and waitrose stores. You can get unfresh stuff in healthfood shops and tesco.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Soy creamer in the states comes in all types of flavours and is lovely in coffee. Vanilla - hazelnut - amaretto etc. comes in cartons about half a liter.
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08

leedsveg

For powdered non-dairy creamer I use Taam-Tov instant creamer made by Taam Tov Foods. inc in Brooklyn. I think it's about £2.50 for a 340g tub. I like the nutritional facts, Total Fat,Cholesterol,Sodium,Total Carbo,Protein all 0%! I buy it from a kosher shop in Leeds. Not a totally brilliant taste but there again I don't like black coffee.

*live*&*let*live

Oatly cream is gorgeous! About 75p a carton and is long life. It's really nice as a treat in coffee!

Sorry to be an idiot, and to revive a long-dead thread, but I've just gotten into making coffee and I'm confused as to all this lark about cream and 'creamer'. I thought that when Americans talk about 'creamer' they were talking about those little tubs of long-life milk that they have on planes etc? Maybe there's a cultural difference that I'm missing! Is it possible to buy those little long-life tubs of soya milk for black-coffee emergencies?
    Keeping in mind that I'm currently living in Spain, so please don't tell me that they'll have it in my local shop because they won't
    Houmous atá ann!

leedsveg

Quote Blueberries View Post
    Sorry to be an idiot, and to revive a long-dead thread, but I've just gotten into making coffee and I'm confused as to all this lark about cream and 'creamer'. I thought that when Americans talk about 'creamer' they were talking about those little tubs of long-life milk that they have on planes etc? Maybe there's a cultural difference that I'm missing! Is it possible to buy those little long-life tubs of soya milk for black-coffee emergencies?
    Keeping in mind that I'm currently living in Spain, so please don't tell me that they'll have it in my local shop because they won't
    I bought 10 x little pots at Myers Famous Kosherie shop in Leeds a few weeks ago. They're called "Golden Flow" and the label says "Dist by Upstate Dairy Farm Corp Brooklyn NY 11205. MFG. by Plant No 42-682". Not sure what you will do with this info, but you asked.

leedsveg

Quote leedsveg View Post
    I bought 10 x little pots at Myers Famous Kosherie shop in Leeds a few weeks ago. They're called "Golden Flow" and the label says "Dist by Upstate Dairy Farm Corp Brooklyn NY 11205. MFG. by Plant No 42-682". Not sure what you will do with this info, but you asked.

leedsveg
    Heya, thanks for that I'll have a look-out in anywhere vaugely Kosher-y. There's a Kosher section in one of the big supermarkets here but I haven't seen anything there. They did have vegan 'beef' and 'chicken' stock though which is kinda cool
    Houmous atá ann!

ive had the same trouble i needed somethin for my coffee as this is what i miss most from my omni days (as im a massive coffee fan). I got as you say creamer online from http://www.veganstore.co.uk/mm5/merc...egory_Code=600 but i needed to find something that tasted good and wasn't just soya milk(as it curdles) from a local supplyer. So i went to tescos and found Kara which is coconut milk and it has more calcium in it then a normal glass of dairy milk. also i found sunrise which is soya but does not curdle in coffee and tastes great . I hope this helps
    Peace, Love and Coffee =)

This thread may just be the one to save my wedding problem! So in everyone's expert opinions - including opinions of omni's if you could - what is the best thing to stick in coffee and tea in place of milk, which tastes as much like "the real thing" as possible? Me and my OH always drink coffee and tea black because we like it that way, but 70 guests at the wedding are expecting milk and that's just not happening I'm afraid! But I know my mum can't stand soya milk in tea, and I'd hate for everyone to be saying how disgusting it was and putting 1) a downer on my day and 2) a bad impression about vegans

Tesco also stock (longlife shelf) a soya milk specifically for coffee and tea. I forget the name, but it's in a brownish colour carton.

Quote bignige View Post
    Tesco also stock (longlife shelf) a soya milk specifically for coffee and tea. I forget the name, but it's in a brownish colour carton.
    it called sunrise
    Peace, Love and Coffee =)

i think you can buy creamer from the Vegan Store. www.veganstore.co.uk

Ooh thanks guys! I'll have to have a go at the suggestions through the thread to see how they compare =] I didn't even know such things existed!

daveshorty

hey hey! does anyone know of anything along these lines that's portable? in one-cup sachets or anything?

Quote daveshorty View Post
    hey hey! does anyone know of anything along these lines that's portable? in one-cup sachets or anything?
    VIVA sell Soygo individual coffee creamer sachets. Not sure what they're like, haven't tried them, but ideal for carrying around for emergencies. Out of stock at the moment but hopefully will be back soon