Thread: positive or negative experiences with sprouts?

simplefoodlover

Default positive or negative experiences with sprouts?

havent incorporated them yet but would like to get away from too much fat. im specifically interested in the hardier ones with more calories...which ones do you think taste best and how does ur body react to them? also do you sprout them yourself or buy them somewhere? thanks!

Default Re: positive or negative experiences with sprouts?

Sprouts are fantastic, so tasty. They are high energy food. I sprout them myself and use chickpeas, green and brown lentils, mung beans and aduki beans. No problem with digestion and find my salad is not complete without them !

I do lentils all the time but would like to start trying others. Lentils are very easy to sprout and easy to digest.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Zero

I've known a few people who cannot digest sprouted chickpeas so be careful with those.

I like alfalfa sprouts, they are simple to sprout easy to look after and go with a multitude of things. I do some of the beans Destiny mentioned (above) on occasion too.

I've tried sprouting quinoa but the germ just gets really slimy and I can't get rid of it no matter how many times I rinse them so I gave up and just boil it now

cobweb

I like chickpeas and find them easy to sprout but, like Zero mentioned, i am one of those people who find them quite undigestible. I tend to use alfalfa now. Lentils are good, too, like Dia said. I tried sunflowers a few times and din't get on with them.

Simple mustard and cress is lovely too, of course.