Thread: Looking to start a meat free houseshare!

puca

Default Looking to start a meat free houseshare!

Hi peeps!

My friend and I are looking to start a meat free, earth conscious houseshare in early August. I'm vegan and the guy I am sharing with is lacto-veggie, but rarely cooks with milk.

We're most likely going to be living in Tooting, as he works in Kingston and I work in Streatham, but many places with good transport links are fine. For people who are not familiar with the area, Tooting is very multicultural with a large South Asian community. It is excellent for spice shopping! It has buses to Wimbledon, Balham, Brixton and other areas. It is ten minutes from Wimbledon by rail and also has Northern Line connections (around 40 minutes from Camden, 20 to central London!).

We're both quite social and community minded and we enjoy cooking and sharing. We love music, we're both interested in world culture and we're generally quite open minded people. We believe in looking after each other and our friends and as a result, we're respectful and laid back to be around.

We'd like to make this a home, not just a house. We don't really have any rules as to who we want other than that they don't bring meat in to the house and that they respect diversity and other people**.

If you're lookin' at this and and scratching your chin thinking "Hrmmmmmmm maybe..." then drop me a message. We can chat!

** We both understand that people have different views of the world and also about topics like religion, but we don't feel that some views would be compatible with the house we're trying to create. We don't tolerate racism, homophobia or sexism and as one of us follows Hinduism, we ask that you respect this. We both believe that a good home should be a safe space for anybody, so long as they aren't hurting others.

Default Re: Looking to start a meat free houseshare!

Totally irrelevant, but I grew up in Tooting and worked there for many years. I was born just down the road in Balham.

Best of luck in your endeavour, just don't look in the direction of the many Halal butchers in the upper Tooting Road ( which people insist on calling Tooting High Street). There are numerous signs boasting '100% guaranteed not stunned', which is nice.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

puca

Default Re: Looking to start a meat free houseshare!

UPDATE:

I'm looking for a place again! South of the river, reasonable distance from Lambeth area.

I am in full time employment and have checkable references. Looking for a place in late March/early April. I have a budget of up to £420 a month, but can push it up a little for good flatmates.

About me:
    I'm female and in my mid twenties and have been vegan for almost 3 years. I'm a very social and genuine individual, who enjoys sharing food, music and books and who gets on with most people I meet. I have a bit of an odd sense of humour, but I am really quite harmless...

I try to live by the 'harm none' principles. I'm gay friendly (well, most things friendly) and tolerant of other religions and beliefs, so long as people are respectful.

I can cook a nice curry, I can do DIY and don't mind mucking it in the garden.

Looking for a home, rather than a house, with other professionals. I'm hoping to return to university in the evenings this year, so would rather have somewhere that's quiet enough to study.

I would rather live with people my age or older if possible and non-smokers. I do not mind sharing with animals or children (I am good with both).