Thread: Circus fined 5000€ for using elephant as publicity

Default Circus fined 5000€ for using elephant as publicity

5000 euro di multa per elefante come pubblicità

Un elefante su un rimorchio per pubblicizzare l'arrivo del Circo in città è costato sanzioni amministrative per circa cinque mila euro ai titolari del Circo Togni che in questi giorni sono a Crotone.

L'elefante era stato sistemato su di un rimorchio da cui riusciva a far passare anche la sua proboscide lunga due metri creando, non solo disagi ad automobilisti e centauri, ma diventando anche un motivo di pericolo per la circolazione stradale. Inoltre, gli agenti della Polstrada hanno verificato che il trasporto dell'elefante è avvenuto in difformità a quanto previsto dalla normativa, anche in considerazione del fatto che si trattata di un animale pericolo. Da qui la decisione, non solo di scortare il mezzo fino a dove era stato allestito il Circo, ma di sanzionare i titolari per una serie di violazioni, tra cui l'inosservanza del decreto sul trasporto di animali, il codice della strada, l'inidonietà del mezzo al trasporto dell'elefante.

The circus Lidia Togni which used an elephant on a trailer to advertise its arrival in the Italian city of Crotone has been fined 5000 euros.

The elephant had been placed on a trailer, from where it was also able to move its two-metre long trunk, causing problems for traffic. According to police, the transport of the elephant did not conform with current legislation, and the animal was taken back to where the circus was performing. The circus has been fined for breaking animal transport laws, failure to observe the highway code and failure to provide a suitable means of transport for the elephant.

(Source: La Repubblica)

See photos of the elephant

Poor guy God these circuses make me so angry, and I can't help thinking that 5000 euros is just a drop in the ocean to them. Bah

Default Re: Circus fined 5000€ for using elephant as publicity

Damn idiots. They should be fined for animal abuse as well

^ Definitely - I'd like to see them put out of business forever.

*live*&*let*live

^ what a shame.....I've never approved of circuses or zoos since I was a small child, obviously then I didn't know why as I do now but find it intriguing that I refused to go to them! (never been to a circus, to a zoo once to take pics of animals I felt were suffering).
    Fiamma is Italian your first language? You are clever! I would love to be fluent in another language, best I can do is the odd bit of French and various words picked up on hols. I like to do my bit when in another country, it's only manners IMO. :smile:

Can't disrupt the traffic can we?
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

^ Indeed .... and the original article placed particular emphasis on how the elephant was able to swing its two-metre trunk, endangering car drivers and motorcyclists Don't know whether to laugh or cry, really.