Thread: NRA and weapons in National Parks

Default NRA and weapons in National Parks

As some of you may know, the NRA had fought hard to be able to have concealed weapons in National Parks. What do you think about it?

It seems counteractive to me, and these parks are supposed to be sanctuaries for wild animals. Why would you want to carry a gun there when you can't shoot anything?

However, if I were ever confronted by a bear (for whatever reason) I wouldn't hestitate to do so. Perhaps a human shouldn't go into such a forest in the first place.

http://www.npca.org/media_center/pre...ks_022208.html

Prawnil

Default Re: NRA and weapons in National Parks

My thoughts on this are the same as they usually after hearing American gun news:
    U! S! A! U! S! A! U! S! A!

(That article is quite old, though. It looks like it has less to do with blasting bears during an attack (in which case the person would have put themself in that danger) and more to do with the aaaaalmighty American right to remain armed-as-hell at all times.)

Bears will rarely hurt you. They like to bluff. If confronted with a bear, you must act tough and stand your ground. Now if its a mother with her cubs... the exact opposite is true. Run away, and fast.
    "If the System hates you, be aware that it hated me before it hated you." -Jesus (John 17:11).

Sloth

Quote Lord Perennialist View Post
    Bears will rarely hurt you. They like to bluff. If confronted with a bear, you must act tough and stand your ground. Now if its a mother with her cubs... the exact opposite is true. Run away, and fast.
    This was the advice when I visited Yosemite national park... Actually, during that visit a bear cub ambled right into the car park . I'd assume that with all the human activity in national parks, they're becoming increasingly used to people. Not good, but at least the ranger made a lot of noise and scared off the baba.