Thread: veebee icecream - my ultimate fave recipe book

Default veebee icecream - my ultimate fave recipe book

Many sweet things bought from shops are very unhealthy-- even if vegan. White sugar, additives, colorings-- you get the point! And baking sweets at home; most recipes still include sugar and white flour...

Well, as I like to search in the net, I once came across with this fantastic eBook of raw vegan ice-cream recipes; it caught my attention, so I decided to try it out.

The recipes don't include any added sugar and not even any soya! I was SO amazed how good the ice cream tasted like! I really couldn't believe it, and especially because it's also so healthy. (not that healthy things wouldn't taste good though!)

The recipe book is called "VeeBee's Ice Cream Recipes", and it gets 5 stars from me! *****

I truly recommend to ANYONE! My ultimate favourite recipe book!

VeeBee's Ice Cream Recipe Book

Default Re: My ultimate favourite recipe book

I'm more than a bit skeptical about an ebook only available as an executable file (written in delphi - possibly made using some software that was originally in delphi or by the author themself), especially when it appears to be made up originally from html pages, jpgs and txt files. Why not just put it online or have it downloadable as a microsoft chm file or similar that can be verified and viewed by people with macs and linux? By making an exe file people downloading have no reassurance that it does not contain malware (trojans, adware etc that wouldn't be found by a virus scanner).
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Maybe because the eBook has a PIN-code for each book people download-- this way the book can ONLY be used on one computer and can not be compied for other people. It's also not possible to copy/paste from this book-- highly secure...

The chapters have also been coded into links, they have made it look quite cool! Haven't seen an eBook like this before.

But yeah, I work with computers 24/7 and so I could NEVER risk having anything suspicious on my computer as I couldn't afford to loose any data, so I know for sure this eBook is 100% safe!

And hey, maybe a RAW/VEGAN company is not the most suspicious one in the net?! If they don't wanna hurt animals and nature and their own health, why other people and their computers..?

Though ofcourse it's always good to be aware of things, Mr Flibble.

It does look nice, and doesn't seem malicious, I checked my anti-virus over it before opening it, and running it again now I've deleted it.

I didn't realise you had to pay to see the recipes!! I suppose that makes sense now... it lets you see all the introduction pages first but asks for a pin when you get to the actual recipes.

I realise you can't copy it in JoJo but can you give us the gist of one of the recipes? I wonder how you can make ice cream just using raw things! It's a shame they don't give you one free to try out. If it were a UK site I would be more happy to give my credit card details out

BTW it is your site JoJo? It's called 'Vee-Bee's' and you are JoJoBee

With things like this I have had success in the past by telling the authors I have a Mac and asking them to send me a non DRM'd version of their book. Mostly I have managed to convince them to.

Hi Jojo,

I'd echo Jamie's comment...could you post one of the recipes here for us to try? Proof is always in the pudding

I tried making some mock banana ice cream recently (mocking the ice cream, not the banana lol) and that was kinda simple.

Step 1: Peel a ripe banana
    Step 2: Put the banana in freezer and wait for it to freeze.

I did it out of curiosity really, but frozen banana is really quite nice, so long as it's thawed sufficiently for you to bite into!

Sorry to be an old cynic but the first post in this thread sounds awfully like something one of those, um.... you-know-whats... would write. I hope I'm wrong.

Actually you know what, after I posted that comment, I had a recipe emailed to me from the site. So unless the site owner just happened to be reading this, or the OP just happened to ask them to send me one... or maybe the OP is just the owner of the site!! You can't really tell, can you! Although JoJoBee hasn't been back since two days after she registered.

The recipe looked OK though, I would repost, but I've lost it!! I must have deleted it from my email box by mistake, which is a shame as I would have given it a go.

Default Re: veebee icecream - my ultimate fave recipe book

Im dying to find vegan icecream without soya in it. The ricecream hasn't made it to Wales yet. The "VeeBees Ice Cream Recipe Book" link above doesn't seem to work any more. Has anyone kept any of the recipes?