Thread: Vegans to Adopt

Question Vegans to Adopt

We are a couple in Southern and Central California expecting twins in the beginning of next year. We are pursuing finding the best possible adopting couple to create an extended family bond with, by entrusting them with raising our two children. We are seeking only a fully open, ongoing relationship adoption with healthy vegan couples in California. Adopting families don't advertise themselves as vegan or vegetarian due to at least one case I know of that involved a judge ruling in favor of uprooting a child from their adoptive home because the parents were vegetarians. This makes this process very difficult for us so we are turning to any alternative method we can to locate vegan adoption hopefuls. We know you're out there! If you or someone you know are a vegan couple (heterosexual or homosexual), spiritual, but not religiously associated with a Christian ideology church, who live in California, please contact us. Ovo-Lacto Vegetarians will also be considered.

With Love,

ExpectingTwins
    Self.Expressed@gmail.com

*live*&*let*live

Default Re: Vegans to Adopt

I don't know your reasons for wishing to have your children adopted, and it's nothing to do with me. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck *to you all* and I hope and pray you find a loving family.
    BEST wishes
    Nik xx :smile:

Default Re: Vegans to Adopt

We were considering adoption for our 4th child, and may again later. As a potential vegan adoptive family, I too was concerned about how our diet would be received by birth parents or adoption agency.
    I think it's wonderful that you're pursuing an open adoption. My mother and sister were adopted, but back then open adoption was not common. It took a long time for my half-sister to locate my mother. How great it would have been to remain connected all along.

Will you be pumping and donating milk to your babies? For vegan babies it is especially important for them to receive breastmilk as there are no vegan baby formulas available in the U.S. More donor milk can be acquired via Milkshare and other resources if the adoptive family is interested in doing so.

Best of luck to you! I hope you find a compatible family and have an easy, peaceful birth.

- Krista
    mama to Ryan (7), AJ (6), Nate (3), Maia (1), all born at home.