Thread: Anyone know of a good Vegan Cake recipe?

Talking Anyone know of a good Vegan Cake recipe?

I want to make my boyfriend a vegan cake for his birthday, he's not vegan yet, but I'm trying to convince him.
    So please if you have a vegan cake recipe, please send it<3
    Thank you

Default Re: Anyone know of a good Vegan Cake recipe?

There are LOADS of vegan cake recipes online. What's his favourite sort of cake?

Quote Cherry View Post
    There are LOADS of vegan cake recipes online. What's his favourite sort of cake?
    Chocolate

Quote Lauren Lament View Post
    I want to make my boyfriend a vegan cake for his birthday, he's not vegan yet, but I'm trying to convince him.
    So please if you have a vegan cake recipe, please send it<3
    Thank you
    Lauren: New to forum and about three years late in responding to a pudding cake question. Those of us who go way back are privy to the fact that pudding cake recipes available in prepackaged and poor ingredients were copied from old recipe books with the simple and better quality method. Here's one I would use for my beau:
    Fudge Pudding Cake: I would use a healthier oil, even olive oil. I use only organic coconut oil. (Heat to melt in cold climate) for cakes, and of course, substitute the 3 eggs with 3 tablespoons ground flax seed (use a designated coffee grinder) and 9 tablespoons water simmered and cooled before adding into batter.

Fudge Pudding Cake:

"This is probably one of the most interesting cakes to come out of the 20th century, and it came from the makers of Mazola Corn Oil. The cake separates into layers as it bakes. The top becomes cake, and the bottom becomes pudding."

INGREDIENTS

BOTTOM LAYER
    1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
    2/3 cup sugar
    1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup soy milk
    1/4 cup corn oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

TOP LAYER
    2/3 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 cup boiling water
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with organic coconut oil; set aside.

BOTTOM LAYER - In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, nuts, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Mix in soy milk, corn oil, and vanilla. Spread in pan.

Makes 8 servings
    recipe courtesy of
    http://lynnescountrykitchen.net/cakes/scratch.html

ciao

Quote Sentient Being View Post
    Lauren: New to forum and about three years late in responding to a pudding cake question. Those of us who go way back are privy to the fact that pudding cake recipes available in prepackaged and poor ingredients were copied from old recipe books with the simple and better quality method. Here's one I would use for my beau:
    Fudge Pudding Cake: I would use a healthier oil, even olive oil. I use only organic coconut oil. (Heat to melt in cold climate) for cakes, and of course, substitute the 3 eggs with 3 tablespoons ground flax seed (use a designated coffee grinder) and 9 tablespoons water simmered and cooled before adding into batter.

Fudge Pudding Cake:

"This is probably one of the most interesting cakes to come out of the 20th century, and it came from the makers of Mazola Corn Oil. The cake separates into layers as it bakes. The top becomes cake, and the bottom becomes pudding."

INGREDIENTS

BOTTOM LAYER
    1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
    2/3 cup sugar
    1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup soy milk
    1/4 cup corn oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

TOP LAYER
    2/3 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 cup boiling water
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with organic coconut oil; set aside.

BOTTOM LAYER - In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, nuts, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Mix in soy milk, corn oil, and vanilla. Spread in pan.

Makes 8 servings
    recipe courtesy of
    http://lynnescountrykitchen.net/cakes/scratch.html

ciao
    That does sound like an interesting cake! I'm going to definitely try it. Thank you

There is a simpler, and very good vegan chocolate cake recipe, should be on here somewhere... Will have a look

ETA: Here we go:

Gorgeous Choccy Cake

(it's in 'La Dolce Vegan' p.250)
    Preheat oven to 350F/175C
    Line a cake pan with baking parchment and set aside. Mix 1.5 (that's one and a half) cup flour, 1/2 cup very good quality cocoa (I use green and black's) 1 cup sugar 1tsp baking soda and 1/2tsp salt. Add 1/3 cup oil, 1tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1tsp vanilla (always use extract) and 1 cup cold water and stir until just mixed. Pour into cake pan and cook for around 30-35 mins or until a knife comes out clean. Let cool before removing from pan and cool completely before frosting if you wish.
    And this cake is even better the next day if you can bear to leave it, it goes even gooier and chocolatey-er!

*live*&*let*live

YUM not a big lover of chocolate cake, but I have been craving sweet stuff lately, so will give it a shot cheers Fiamma!

Annnnndddd there are two other chocolate 'fiends' in this house not to mention Elsie....although she is strictly restricted as it's bad for doggies

^Use carob powder in place of the cocoa then everyone can eat it

*live*&*let*live

Great idea!

And that's from Elsie!

Now before everyone yells at me what a bad bad bad mommy I am, I am joking and she will only get a small taste

I've got a recipe for a choccy cake on my blog. It has a picture and everything and has been tested on omnivores!
    ~ Don't think twice, it's all right ~